Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Connected on internal modem and sharing over ethernet?

Connected on internal modem and sharing over ethernet?
antisonne
Sep 19, 2003, 12:03 AM

Okay, its midnight, Im pissed, I hate windows, and can someone answer me this...

I am currently using a internal modem to connect to the internet due to my cable being taken away for uncapping... cut story short and here we are, five to twelve, been spending past 2 hours talking to friend and trying to get my ibook to connect to my pc while still remaining on same location without being disconnected from dialup connection...

I read somewhere a while back that you cannot share files or connect to anything via ethernet while connected on Internal modem, is this true? and if it is someone fix it...

If its not true then what am I doing wrong? Ive tried so many methods and nothing works...

The thing I have noticed though is that when I am not connected to my dialup, and im still on same location, I can connect to another machine.

Another thing just popped into my head... Whenever I try to connect to my pc it is via my switch... the only way I can sucessful connect to it and mount it is to not be connected, but everytime I do this i just goto locations and change it to Automatic... So I dont know if it is my switch causing this.

And everytime I am not connected via dialup I am usually doing a straight ethernet cable between 2 macs... Without changing location.

Someone please help, It would save me from buying 1.Firewire enclousere case, 2.External Harddrive or 3. Shotgun(To take to my PCs guts).

Hopefully this makes sense but Im kinda tired and someone just stole my coke from my refridgerator so that makes me feel even worse about all of this.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2003, 09:32 AM

Sleepy sleep....count those sheep....

Forum Links
Forum Rules