Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > FBI grills California Muslim high schooler about 'PLO' doodle

FBI grills California Muslim high schooler about 'PLO' doodle (Page 2)
Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 17, 2005, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by loki74
Proof? Nope. The only thing I've done as far as I can recall is agree that you are a racist, after reading the comments of yours that Railroader quoted. Please try to be honest.

Railroader provided quotes of things you had said that were clearly discriminatory to Mexicans. I have shown how I logically conclude that a person has made a racist comment. Please read the thread.

I'm only 1/4 Chinese. Are you going to call me a Nazi now because I'm 1/4 German? I'm equally a "Chinaman" as I am a German. Furhtermore, "Chinaman" has clearly been used here in a deragotory manner. Reported.

You are in no position to say anyone's opinion doesn't count.

That's funny. In this thread, I have objected to a comment that would seem to be racist against white people. The post seemed to suggest that I was white and thus my opinion in this matter and the arguments I have made (which still go without rejoinder) are less significant/don't matter.

I think that there is actually a fair amount of racism against white people in America and it sickens me. It just so happens that you are not racist against white people. So why would I mention racism against white people to you?

I have known Asains who I have pretty much hated. There are a LOT of Asain asses out there. You just happen to not be one of them.

Where'd you get all that from?

Oh yeah...I forgot you're half Japanese.

Is that racist too?
( Last edited by Rolling Bones; Dec 17, 2005 at 07:48 PM. )

loki74
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2005, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rolling Bones
Oh yeah...I forgot you're half Japanese.

Is that racist too?
No, because you do not seem to be using it in a derogtory fashion. If you were to say, "oh yeah, yer a jap," I would consider that racist.

...Do we fell like getting back on topic?

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 17, 2005, 09:38 PM

My "Wonder Bread" has nothing to do with racism, except to those who want to perceive it as such because it conveniently fits their needs.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 17, 2005, 09:58 PM

Wow, I thought water-boarding and fingernail pulling was intense, but they're GRILLING people now?!

"Talk or we shish kebab you!"

Speaking of which...
Originally Posted by Doofy
"Doner kebabs with the works! Five dollars!"

Railroader
Banned
Dec 18, 2005, 01:14 AM

Hell i've been called everything by Railroader and Loki.

Racist is their favourite...and with no proof.

Railroader is Mexican and Loki is a Chinese and both assholes.

Doofy is just stupid Englisman with a redneck fantasy. He doesn't count.

Cameras...action!
Railroader goes crying to Tooki.
I have proven you have made racist statements. I have had mods agree with me. I still do not understand why you haven't been banned.

I have show proof is a half dozen threads where you put down all Mexicans.

I am not a Mexican. How many times do I have to tell you this? Is your memory as weak as your arguments? I am American. Half Hispanic and half Irish. Please try to remember this.

"Chinaman"?!?! What is this? The 1830's?!? And if you don't think saying "Chinaman" is not a racist statement you are a complete and utter fool!

I have never reported you in a PM except when you signature violated the forum rules. You have violated the rule before as well and never were banned. Again, I wonder why? I state my case against your racist statements in public and dozens of people have agreed with me.

You are such a little whiner.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 18, 2005, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by KarlG
My "Wonder Bread" has nothing to do with racism, except to those who want to perceive it as such because it conveniently fits their needs.
So, your saying to Loki, in essence, that he needs to get out of his "Wonder bread" word wasn't meant to be derogatory towards him or a negative term used toward white people who live in suburbia?!?!

You are in back pedal mode as usual.

loki74
Mac Elite
Dec 18, 2005, 03:29 AM

And even if your use of the term has no specificty towards whtie people, it is still an unfair, derogatory generalization. (like I said... which is yet another part of what I'm saying which you seem to choose to ignore because it conveniently fits your needs)

And in justifying it, you've spent another post...sans an argument to my points.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 19, 2005, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by placebo1969
I am serious too. I don't understand how posting the picture and making the comment is racist.
Perhaps I spoke out of turn. However, it really hit home because this happened where I work. He's a good kid and a good student, although what he did wasn't too bright. The FBI and the school ignored policy and interrigated a 14-year-old kid. Most of us were outraged when it happend, and it was unacceptable.

Doofy has consistantly demonstrated his dislike for Muslims and Islam in general. There's nothing particularly wrong with that in itself, but he goes beyond his general dislike with very negative generalizations and stereotypes.

He is not a terrorist. He has nothing to do with terrorists or terrorism. His family has no history what-so-ever with any terrorists or involvement with absolutely anything terrorist related. This is a followup story on what already happened, we know the outcome of the interrogation already.

He took the opportunity to confirm his personal bias and biggotry as justifcation for what the FBI did by posting that picture after the fact, underlining the stereotypes. That is racist.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 19, 2005, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
Perhaps I spoke out of turn. However, it really hit home because this happened where I work. He's a good kid and a good student, although what he did wasn't too bright. The FBI and the school ignored policy and interrigated a 14-year-old kid. Most of us were outraged when it happend, and it was unacceptable.

Doofy has consistantly demonstrated his dislike for Muslims and Islam in general. There's nothing particularly wrong with that in itself, but he goes beyond his general dislike with very negative generalizations and stereotypes.

He is not a terrorist. He has nothing to do with terrorists or terrorism. His family has no history what-so-ever with any terrorists or involvement with absolutely anything terrorist related. This is a followup story on what already happened, we know the outcome of the interrogation already.

He took the opportunity to confirm his personal bias and biggotry as justifcation for what the FBI did by posting that picture after the fact, underlining the stereotypes. That is racist.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 19, 2005, 04:15 PM

hamster

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

Railroader
Banned
Dec 20, 2005, 01:07 AM

That is what I said in my first post.

I will add though: The parents shoud have been there while the FBI questioned the boy about his terroristic scribblings.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 04:19 AM

Perhaps I spoke out of turn. However, it really hit home because this happened where I work. He's a good kid and a good student, although what he did wasn't too bright.
You know, by all accounts, one of the guys on 7/7 was a "good bloke". Primary school teacher, family man, never in trouble with the law, etc., etc..

Doofy has consistantly demonstrated his dislike for Muslims and Islam in general.
Incorrect. I don't like islam but don't mind (most) muslims. Rather like the way I don't like Windows but don't mind (most) Windows users.

There's nothing particularly wrong with that in itself, but he goes beyond his general dislike with very negative generalizations and stereotypes.
No. You missed the point.

He is not a terrorist.
Neither is the kid in the picture. What's the similarity? They both support the PLO.

He has nothing to do with terrorists or terrorism. His family has no history what-so-ever with any terrorists or involvement with absolutely anything terrorist related.
That's exactly what they said about those guys who blew themselves up in London on 7/7.

islam is not a race.

And hey, by saying that I can't stereotype PLO supporters you've just given up you right to stereotype KKK supporters.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
You're the last person who needs to be agreeing with Ole's comment that what I wrote was racist.

nath
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2005, 06:44 AM

You know, by all accounts, one of the guys on 7/7 was a "good bloke". Primary school teacher, family man, never in trouble with the law, etc., etc..

That's exactly what they said about those guys who blew themselves up in London on 7/7.
'They' were wrong. What's your point? Terrorists, paedophiles and axe-murderers often have families and people that like them. That's no excuse for government agencies interviewing someone for doodling political slogans on his or her own property, in a supposedly free society.

Incorrect. I don't like islam but don't mind (most) muslims. Rather like the way I don't like Windows but don't mind (most) Windows users.
[Sigh] You know Doofus, for once it would be nice if you were to have the courage of your convictions. In the 70s and 80s your predecessors in bigotry weren't nearly so ashamed of their beliefs, hence an honest debate was possible.

You shouldn't feel embarrassed to stand behind your opinions just because the passing of time has marginalised them. Grow some balls.

Neither is the kid in the picture. What's the similarity? They both support the PLO.
So what? Neither the US or Israeli governments have considered the PLO a terrorist organisation for more than 10 years. What you may think of the PLO is neither here nor there. As far as the US is concerned, it is a legitimate political organisation. Why are they interviewing people who show an interest in it?

BTW, does anyone have a story of other Americans - say in Boston, or New York - being interviewed or otherwise harrassed for showing a similar interest in Sinn Fein? As far as I am aware Sinn Fein t-shirts and other apparel and still readily available in those places. A poster here even had a Irish republican slogan in their sig a while ago. Should he not be interviewed?

That is the non-islamic equivalent of what we are talking about here. Land of the Free indeed.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by nath
'They' were wrong. What's your point? Terrorists, paedophiles and axe-murderers often have families and people that like them. That's no excuse for government agencies interviewing someone for doodling political slogans on his or her own property, in a supposedly free society.
Oh, so they're "political slogans", not "terrorist slogans"?

[Sigh] You know Doofus
The nick is "Doofy" unless I tell you otherwise.

for once it would be nice if you were to have the courage of your convictions. In the 70s and 80s your predecessors in bigotry weren't nearly so ashamed of their beliefs, hence an honest debate was possible.

You shouldn't feel embarrassed to stand behind your opinions just because the passing of time has marginalised them. Grow some balls.
Those are my convictions and opinions. I can't help it if you're a bigot who projects his own stereotype onto people and thus expects something more.

So what? Neither the US or Israeli governments have considered the PLO a terrorist organisation for more than 10 years. What you may think of the PLO is neither here nor there. As far as the US is concerned, it is a legitimate political organisation. Why are they interviewing people who show an interest in it?
Why not interview those who show an interest in it? And I don't accept that the US government no longer sees the PLO as a terrorist organisation. Sure, it doesn't pop up in their official documents any longer since the ME peace process calls for a little delicate diplomacy - but leopards don't change their spots.

BTW, does anyone have a story of other Americans - say in Boston, or New York - being interviewed or otherwise harrassed for showing a similar interest in Sinn Fein? As far as I am aware Sinn Fein t-shirts and other apparel and still readily available in those places.
I've already answered that one.

A poster here even had a Irish republican slogan in their sig a while ago. Should he not be interviewed?
I questioned that poster's use of that logo in his sig and received a satisfactory explanation.

nath
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2005, 07:16 AM

Oh, so they're "political slogans", not "terrorist slogans"?
He wrote 'PLO'. That is considered a political organisation by the US government, not a terrorist one.

And I don't accept that the US government no longer sees the PLO as a terrorist organisation. Sure, it doesn't pop up in their official documents any longer since the ME peace process calls for a little delicate diplomacy - but leopards don't change their spots.
Again, so what? What you think is neither here nor there. Supporters of a political organisation have the right to be treated as such in a free society. Leopard-metaphors are for halfwits.

The nick is "Doofy" unless I tell you otherwise.
The nick is whatever I decide to call you at any given time, halfwit. That's the point of a nickname - you don't necessarily get to decide it yourself.

Those are my convictions and opinions.
Yes, I know. Just try and be a little less ashamed of them. Call it what it is.

I can't help it if you're a bigot who projects his own stereotype onto people and thus expects something more.
Is that the best you can do - 'No I'm not, you are!'

Well far be it for me to try and raise the debate to your stratospheric level. The same back at you, I guess - with knobs on!

I questioned that poster's use of that logo in his sig and received a satisfactory explanation.
Oh good, no need to send in the government agencies then. As long as Doofus is satisfied!

What, did he tell you it was about the Glory of the Struggle, rather than the semtex?

I wonder how you would treat such explanations coming from a muslim. Actually I don't wonder. It's pretty obvious - the evidence is littered throughout this thread. You'd assume he was a terrorist, until proven otherwise. Nice going Einstein.

Railroader
Banned
Dec 20, 2005, 07:23 AM

The nick is whatever I decide to call you at any given time, halfwit. That's the point of a nickname - you don't necessarily get to decide it yourself.
This is uncalled for.

Reported.

nath
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2005, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
This is uncalled for.

Reported.
Oh really? I'm sure you'll be reporting this too then. Since you're so keen to be impartial, I'm sure...

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 08:36 AM

Oh really? I'm sure you'll be reporting this too then. Since you're so keen to be impartial, I'm sure...
Why would he want to report my defence against your idiotic name-calling arguments?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 08:44 AM

You must have missed the point of the choosing your own nickname during the NN sign-up process then.

Yes, I know. Just try and be a little less ashamed of them. Call it what it is.
Is that the best you can do - 'No I'm not, you are!'
I've already explained my stance and it's well documented elsewhere on this board. If you want to call it something different because of your own bigoted perceptions, then feel free.

Taliesin
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2005, 08:55 AM

Nath is right on this one, since 1993 and the start of the Oslo-peace-process the PLO is officially regarded both by the US and Israel as a legitimate political organization that is the basis of the Palestinian Authority.

It would have been slightly different had the pupil written "Hamas"...

Besides who says that the letters P L and O have to mean the palestinian political organization?

Taliesin

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Taliesin
Nath is right on this one, since 1993 and the start of the Oslo-peace-process the PLO is officially regarded both by the US and Israel as a legitimate political organization that is the basis of the Palestinian Authority.
Actually, that makes me right...

I don't accept that the US government no longer sees the PLO as a terrorist organisation. Sure, it doesn't pop up in their official documents any longer since the ME peace process calls for a little delicate diplomacy - but leopards don't change their spots.
If anyone thinks that the US government doesn't still see the PLO as a terrorist organisation (albeit privately, not publicly, now) they're living in cloud-cuckoo land.

nath
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2005, 09:12 AM

Why would he want to report my defence against your idiotic name-calling arguments?
A smily and two ++? You consider that 'idiotic name-calling'? You're more sensitive than I thought, poor baby. If you can't take it then you really shouldn't dish it out, Sherwin.

I've already explained my stance and it's well documented elsewhere on this board.
You've never satisfactorily explained your stance beyond the old little Englander rationale of 'I know a few muslims me, so I can't be a racist'. Lame.

Time and time again your posts are just an echo of the BNP's website, as demonstrated repeatedly. You have never explained what exactly separates your views from theirs (apart from economics and the role of the state in people's lives, lol) That's why you repeatedly - and in all probability accurately - get called a racist.

Actually, that makes me right...
No, it makes you look silly, especially bolding the word 'official' as if it backs up your argument. It was in an 'official' capacity that the student was approached by the government. The same government that 'officially' recognises the PLO as a legitimate political organisation.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 09:23 AM

A smily and two ++? You consider that 'idiotic name-calling'? You're more sensitive than I thought, poor baby. If you can't take it then you really shouldn't dish it out, Sherwin.
Again. Refusal to use my chosen nick.

Your agreement with the comment via your smileys implies that you agree with its implications.

You've never satisfactorily explained your stance beyond the old little Englander rationale of 'I know a few muslims me, so I can't be a racist'. Lame.
Are there no white muslims or something? Your implication that I'm racist because I don't like islam is weak at best, especially considering that this board is populated with at least one lily-white muslim.

Fact is, you can't see past your bigoted political dogma, can you?

Time and time again your posts are just an echo of the BNP's website, as demonstrated repeatedly.
I wouldn't know, as I don't visit it unless there's an election on or unless google takes me there. You obviously have some kind of obsession with them.

You have never explained what exactly separates your views from theirs (apart from economics and the role of the state in people's lives, lol) That's why you repeatedly - and in all probability accurately - get called a racist.
My views are clear to see - they're what's written... ...nothing more, nothing less. I don't need to go comparing them with any external organisation in order to validate any differences. What the BNP think is up to them, nothing to do with me.

No, it makes you look silly, especially bolding the word 'official' as if it backs up your argument. It was in an 'official' capacity that the student was approached by the government. The same government that 'officially' recognises the PLO as a legitimate political organisation.
You realise that there's a difference between external policy and internal policy in all governments, right?

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 01:08 PM

*snip*
If you don't recognize what's coming out of your own mouth, I can't tell you otherwise. I'm done arguing with you.

Just FYI: Racism n. Discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion. [2003, Princeton University]
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 01:18 PM

Racism n. Discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion. [2003, Princeton University]
So, "discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion"? The word "especially" implies that any discrimination can be called "racism". So if you turn down (discriminate against) a fat chick (of the same race as yourself) for a date because she's fat you're, according to that, a racist?

Harvard must be laughing their asses off.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 20, 2005, 01:36 PM

Just FYI: Racism n. Discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion. [2003, Princeton University]

You have to give a better citation for that definition.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Overwhelmingly associates racism with subordination over physical characteristics.

Including the definition that comes from princeton.edu:
the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race
-- http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start...n%3Fs%3Dracism

Web
Related phrases: institutional racism reverse racism environmental racism tolkien and racism zionism is racism racism in topeka, kansas love music hate racism institutionalized racism zionism=racism slogan 'zionism is racism

Definitions of racism on the Web:

or racialism is a form of discrimination based on race, especially the belief that one race is superior to another. Racism may be expressed individually and consciously, through explicit thoughts, feelings, or acts, or socially and unconsciously, through institutions that promote inequality between races.
http://www.kids.net.au/encyclopedia-wiki/ra/Racism

(Audre Lorde): The inherent belief in the superiority of one race over all others and thereby the right to dominance.
http://www.uihome.uidaho.edu/default.aspx

The belief that one 'racial group' is inferior to another and the practices of the dominant group to maintain the inferior position of the dominated group. Often defined as a combination of power, prejudice and discrimination.
http://www.bl.uk/services/learning/c...s/refglos.html

The doctrine that race is the basic determinant of human abilities and that, therefore, the various racial groups constitute a hierarchy in which one group is properly regarded as superior to others. Racism has also been defined using the following formula: Power+Prejudice=Racism. Racism has also been defined as a "system of advantage based on race."
http://www.unk.edu/offices/aaeo/index.php

defined broadly as stigmatization of those we perceive as different from us; defined specifically as the doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior. There can be an ethnocentric group of people without being a racist group of people because racism seems to need to have some systematized body of scientific knowledge. ...
http://www.geocities.com/paris/chate...ceptsterms.htm

Racism is prejudice or discrimination based on the belief that race is the primary factor determining human traits and abilities. Racism includes the belief that genetic or inherited differences produce the inherent superiority or inferiority of one race over another. In the name of protecting their race from "contamination," some racists justify the domination and destruction of races they consider to be either superior or inferior. ...
http://www.adl.org/children_holocaus..._resources.asp

An attitude, action or institutional structure, which subordinates a person or group because of their color. Racism involves having the power to carry out systematic discriminatory practices.
http://www.gecdf.com/diversity/glossary.html

Judging an individual based solely on his or her racial affiliation.
highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0072863129/student_view0/chapter14/key_terms.html
personal (attitudes/beliefs/behaviors), institutional (policies, laws, regulations) and social/cultural (beliefs, customs) that subordinates others based on physical characteristics involves
use of power plus privilege
http://www.accta.net/2003whitedef.html

Usually experienced as white supremacy, oppression/discrimination, action or inaction which subordinates based on race.
www.letswrap.com/LetsWRAP/Spring97/isms.htm

An assumption that there is an inherent purity and superiority of certain races and inferiority of others. It denotes any attitude, behavior, or institutional structure that subordinates, persons or groups because of their race or ethnic background. Such practices can be intentional or unintentional.
http://web.bryant.edu/~fsp/modules/2/diversitygloss.htm

Prejudice or discrimination based on an individual's race. It can be expressed individually or through institutional policies or practices.
http://www.culturalpartnerships.org/...s/glossary.asp

The stigmatising of difference along the lines of ‘racial’ characteristics in order to justify advantage or abuse of power, whether economic, political, cultural or psychological.
freespace.virgin.net/brendan.richards/glossary/glossary.htm
is a phenomenon in which people mistreat, discriminate against, dislike or even hate, have disdain for, or regard as inferior other people based on their real or perceived race. The term is almost always used pejoratively, with accusations of racism being very common but with few describing themselves as racist. The term racialism is sometimes favored as a less negative term by those who hold certain beliefs about other races which they believe to be scientifically justified.
http://www.encyclopedia4u.com/r/racism.html

is power plus racial prejudice, a system that leads to the oppression of or discrimination against, specific racial or ethnic groups.
http://colours.mahost.org/faq/definitions.html

This managed to express itself in both pre- and post-Darwinian understandings. In the pre-Darwinian scheme of things, based on the idea of the Great Chain of Being the question was this: do the various races occupy different levels on the chain, some higher, some lower, or are they all basically human? ...
http://alpha.fdu.edu/~jbecker/nature...eglossary.html

practices and attitudes that display dislike or antagonism towards people seen as belonging to particular ethnic groups. Social significance is attached to culturally constructed ideas of difference.
http://media.pearsoncmg.com/intl/ema...17666_glo.html

Racism may be viewed as any attitude, action, or institutional structure which subordinates a person or group because of his or her color. It is an ideology that considers a group’s unchangeable physical characteristics to be linked in a direct, causal way to psychological or intellectual characteristics. This distinguishes between superior and inferior racial groups.
http://www.roundtoplewis.com/define.html

the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Racism has many different definitions. Historically, it has been defined as the belief that race is the primary determinant of human capacities, that a certain race is inherently superior or inferior to others, and/or that individuals should be treated differently according to their racial designation. Sometimes racism means beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed race. ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Language Tools | Search Tips | Dissatisfied? Help us improve

Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google

©2005 Google
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

segovius
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2005, 03:13 PM

So, "discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion"? The word "especially" implies that any discrimination can be called "racism". So if you turn down (discriminate against) a fat chick (of the same race as yourself) for a date because she's fat you're, according to that, a racist?

Harvard must be laughing their asses off.
If somebody actually is a racist then any action they take that encompasses encounters with other races will be a racist action by definition.

For example: a Nazi in the post-WW2 trying to hide the fact he is a Nazi by donating money to Jewish causes would be committing a racist action.

Or perhaps, the racist Mr Chavworthy on encountering his Indian postman of a morning is still being racist when he says 'good morning' because it is the being of the individual that betokens the racism not the actual act.

That is why Political Correctness is an insane ideology invented and perpetuated by lunatics btw, because it removes the onus from the person onto an action and as such - as most sane people can see - is absurd.
[FONT=Verdana]blog[/FONT]

goMac
Posting Junkie
Dec 20, 2005, 03:39 PM

Old enough to dress like this, old enough to be interviewed by the FBI...

(Pssssttt... Those are fake. 4 year old kids in this country run around with fake guns and pretend to shoot people. That doesn't mean the FBI has the right to pull them aside and interview them without their parents.)
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by goMac
Pssssttt... Those are fake.
No sh!t! Thanks for telling me.

Originally Posted by goMac
4 year old kids in this country run around with fake guns and pretend to shoot people. That doesn't mean the FBI has the right to pull them aside and interview them without their parents.
Interesting story: Kid in Costa Rica was running around with a fake gun, shooting people. A car driver thought it was a real gun and returned fire. Dead kid. Courts found no blame with the car driver. Makes you think twice about letting your kid run around with fake guns, no?

16 is plenty old enough to be interviewed by the FBI. You're old enough to drive, you're old enough to be interviewed by the man.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 20, 2005, 03:58 PM

- real enough for you?
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 04:00 PM

Interesting story: Kid in Costa Rica was running around with a fake gun, shooting people. A car driver thought it was a real gun and returned fire. Dead kid. Courts found no blame with the car driver. Makes you think twice about letting your kid run around with fake guns, no?
Makes me think twice about Costa Rica.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 20, 2005, 05:49 PM

Who would have guessed we'd have a moderator entering this thread and actually helping the racists spread their hatred?

oh...... I forgot to check what moderator posted........

nm

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 05:55 PM

Who would have guessed we'd have a moderator entering this thread and actually helping the racists spread their hatred?

oh...... I forgot to check what moderator posted........

nm
Cry more. Showing that children can be affiliated with violence and terrorism is not racism.
Chuck
___

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 20, 2005, 06:29 PM

Doofy & co:

I'll explain to you why you are racists. I hope this explanation won't be too complicated for you.

You are racists because as soon as you hear (or see) the word "Muslim" you get a picture of an Arab with a weapon in your mind.

Deny it all you want but that's the simple truth of the matter.

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 20, 2005, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Cry more. Showing that children can be affiliated with violence and terrorism is not racism.
Here's a challenge for you. Take a look at the pics posted in this thread. Find one non-Arab(Muslim) kid with a weapon.

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 20, 2005, 06:34 PM

As for letting children have weapons.

If my nation would be invaded and/or occupied by foreigners I would make damn sure my younger brothers and sisters as well as other kids their age would be able to handle a weapon. I'd not teach them to lie down and accept being ruled by foreigners. I'd prepare them in any way possible to be able to fight back one day. I simply don't see the problem with it.

Is it because I'm a Muslim? No.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 06:41 PM

Here's a challenge for you. Take a look at the pics posted in this thread. Find one non-Arab(Muslim) kid with a weapon.
I think there's a reason those pictures are all of Muslims. If I'm not mistaken, they're of kids supporting the PLO, the organization in question here, which happens to be made up primarily of Muslims. If you have some pictures of non-Muslim children with the PLO holding guns, feel free to post them.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Dec 20, 2005 at 06:52 PM. )
Chuck
___

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 20, 2005, 06:48 PM

The nick is "Doofy" [not Doofus] unless I tell you otherwise.
It is very easy to confuse the two. I mean unintentionally.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 20, 2005, 06:50 PM

dp

%&%^$ (&$^ @#$#$% !%^&^*)*@ #@#%$*!!!

von Wrangell  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 20, 2005, 06:57 PM

I think there's a reason those pictures are all of Muslims. If I'm not mistaken, they're of kids supporting the PLO, the organization in question here, which happens to be made up primarily of Muslims. If you have some pictures of non-Muslim children with the PLO holding guns, feel free to post them.
What says they support the PLO?

See, yet again you stereotype.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 06:59 PM

Doofy & co:

I'll explain to you why you are racists. I hope this explanation won't be too complicated for you.

You are racists because as soon as you hear (or see) the word "Muslim" you get a picture of an Arab with a weapon in your mind.
This is not so vW. If you think it is, then you're simply letting your own bigoted views get in the way of your thinking. Either that or branding everyone who disagrees with you to be a racist is the only avenue of argument left to you.

The plain and simple fact of the matter is that the most racist thing about me is that I prefer latin and darkish women to local white girls.
( Last edited by Doofy; Dec 20, 2005 at 07:09 PM. )

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 07:03 PM

What says they support the PLO?
The filenames suggest they're PLO pictures. The guy who posted them can clarify, but that appears to be what he was saying. I was just pointing out that he seems to have picked them for relevance rather than race.

See, yet again you stereotype.
Yet again you knee-jerk.
Chuck
___

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 20, 2005, 07:18 PM

These children aren't even old enough to know what the fekk is going on. You know these children are set up for the media.

I'm not a very smart person and I even know this.

I also know you are doing this just to get Von Wrangall all riled up just for your sadistic fun. Unfortunately VW is getting sucked into it.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 20, 2005, 07:19 PM

Yet again you knee-jerk.
Kevin, is that you?

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2005, 07:22 PM

These children aren't even old enough to know what the fekk is going on. You know these children are set up for the media.
I agree that a couple of the pictures (the second to last one with the girl in particular) have young children who probably don't know what's going on. But there are some pictures that show very much aware children.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Dec 20, 2005, 07:23 PM

...branding everyone who disagrees with you to be a racist is the only avenue of argument left to you.
Then why do you and Railroader like this avenue?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 07:28 PM

Kevin, is that you?
Hey, now that's just low.
Chuck
___

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 07:33 PM

Then why do you and Railroader like this avenue?
Because you're a fun guy RB.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2005, 07:35 PM

Kevin, is that you?
Hey, now that's just low.
*cough*
Since Kevin doesn't get the Pol Lounge and can't be here to defend himself, leave him out of it guys.

Forum Links
Forum Rules