Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Syncing Address Book from Visor

Syncing Address Book from Visor
davez
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 7, 2000, 04:52 PM

What a pain in the butt! I cannot sync my address book from my Visor into by B&W G3.

Hotsync looks like it's working but no addresses come over. I swear this was working before!

Yes, I'm using Palm Desktop 2.6 and I've tried hooking the USB cradle directly to the CPU.

Randall
Oct 10, 2000, 01:45 PM

I have had this same experience with the Visor (which I like much better than the Palms by the way). Believe it or not, the problem I've found on more than one occasion is a bad cord coming out of the back of the USB cradle. I'd wiggle it around and BINGO, it'd work. I called Handspring and they shipped a new one out the next day.

Randall

Originally posted by davez:
What a pain in the butt! I cannot sync my address book from my Visor into by B&W G3.

Hotsync looks like it's working but no addresses come over. I swear this was working before!

Yes, I'm using Palm Desktop 2.6 and I've tried hooking the USB cradle directly to the CPU.

Harpua
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2000, 02:13 PM

I have a similar problem, when I hot sync the Outlook Express Conduit fails so I tried several times to Export my contacts out of Outlook and Import them into the Palm Desktop but no matter how I arrange the import fields all I ever get are the names and some Phone Numbers but no e-mail addresses.

Forum Links
Forum Rules