Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Dual 1083 Mhz G4 MDD w/ 21" Trinitron display and more... $2350

Dual 1083 Mhz G4 MDD w/ 21" Trinitron display and more... $2350
NathanA
Dec 20, 2002, 03:58 PM

Here's the specs:

Dual 1083 Mhz G4 CPU's (marked as 933's, overclocked from stock 867's, rock solid)
167 Mhz FSB w/ 333 Mhz DDR RAM interface
512 Megs of PC2700 DDR RAM
Radeon 8500 64meg AGP card with TV-out and dual display capability
60 gig 7200 RPM HD
CDRW/DVD Combo drive
Gigabit Ethernet
Airport Card
56k Modem
4x 64-bit PCI slots

Apple Pro Keyboard
Apple Pro Mouse

Original boxes, manuals, and software for the machine.

Silicon Graphics 21" Trinitron model 5011-P monitor with dual inputs to attach two machines. Great for if you have a Mac and a PC, I had my Mac and an SGI attached worked great for switching between the two.

MacOS 10.2 (Jaguar) includes iDVD

Copies of Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, Macromedia Studio MX (Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Freehand), VirtualPC w/ WinXP Pro.

I just bought this machine a month ago, and I love it, it replaced my Dual 500 G4 both on my desk and in my graces. It's truly a great Mac.

I just started a new job which outfitted me with a 2.25 Ghz Pentium4 Dell machine and I have to run a *nix OS for some tools, Linux has given me NO end of trouble with the machine, after compiling and installing my own CVS version of XFree86 most things are working better.

However my intention is to just get a new TiBook and take it to work with me everyday so I can still do all the C, PHP, and Java development I need to do, but get access to better GUI tools as well as have a machine that just works, one that I don't have to administer as well as use.

I'm hoping to get close to the cost of a 1 Ghz SuperDrive PowerBook by selling off my whole workstation setup, so...

The asking price is $2350 + actual shipping.

-Nathan
[email protected]

Forum Links
Forum Rules