Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Rediculous If You Ask Me!

Rediculous If You Ask Me!
RickR
Baninated
Oct 30, 2006, 08:45 PM

Here we go again...
These last MBP's came out how long ago? Like 6 months ago? Well I finally decided to buy a Mac. We use all Windows at work and it was time for me to join the computer world again. Everyone said go with Mac, they are better than IBM PC's. My wife owned a IBM PC for a couple years and finally got rid of it a year ago. It was a piece of crap.
Well here I get a MBP just months ago and now a new machine is out already?!?!?!?!? Seems like they are almost as bad as Commodore used to be. I won't ever be another Mac. Well I will someday but I'm going to wait until they decide what they're going to come out with and stick with, then I'll buy.
With Commodore I bought a Vic-20, then later when the Commodore 64 was out then that. then they started with talk of the Commodore 128. I refused. I felt the same way then. I'm not going to buy another Commodore until they stick with something and decide what machine they want to be their machine. I made a good choice. Years after the 128 came out they talked of the Amiga. Well guess where Commodore is now, Bankrupt and non existant! Maybe Apple could learn from them becuase they are headed the same way!

Soccerji
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 08:47 PM

it's called technology, you should learn how to live with it and not blast it...

RedStar
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2006, 08:51 PM

Ridiculous*

Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2006, 08:52 PM

You're mad because the world doesn't revolve around your buying schedule?
Midshipman 3/C, USNR

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 30, 2006, 08:56 PM

Gosh, Rick. Are you joking? If you're not, you need to get a friggin clue. Six months on the market for a computer line is about the average amount of time before a refresh usually occurs. If you had gone to an Apple enthusiast site like this one you would have known an update was coming. Heck, you should have known that fact simply on the basis of Core2Duo machines being released from the PC makers. Oh, and while you're at it, learn how to spell r i d i c u l o u s.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

romeosc
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by RickR View Post
Here we go again...
These last MBP's came out how long ago? Like 6 months ago? Well I finally decided to buy a Mac. We use all Windows at work and it was time for me to join the computer world again. Everyone said go with Mac, they are better than IBM PC's. My wife owned a IBM PC for a couple years and finally got rid of it a year ago. It was a piece of crap.
Well here I get a MBP just months ago and now a new machine is out already?!?!?!?!? Seems like they are almost as bad as Commodore used to be. I won't ever be another Mac. Well I will someday but I'm going to wait until they decide what they're going to come out with and stick with, then I'll buy.
With Commodore I bought a Vic-20, then later when the Commodore 64 was out then that. then they started with talk of the Commodore 128. I refused. I felt the same way then. I'm not going to buy another Commodore until they stick with something and decide what machine they want to be their machine. I made a good choice. Years after the 128 came out they talked of the Amiga. Well guess where Commodore is now, Bankrupt and non existant! Maybe Apple could learn from them becuase they are headed the same way!
You forgot to email Steve Jobs before you purchased, he always emails me when new things are coming down the pipeline! (LOL) Be glad that with each revision prices drop and value goes up!

I remember when a 5 MEGABYTE Corvus harddrive was $5,000. Times change for the better!

giggs11
Forum Regular
Oct 30, 2006, 09:27 PM

H
Well here I get a MBP just months ago and now a new machine is out already?!?!?!?!?
Tell that to those of us who have been waiting months for the new machines. "Already" couldn't come soon enough.

That said, I'm pretty sure you can't honestly be that thick. You're pretty obviously just here to windup the "Macheads". Har har.

discotronic
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 09:30 PM

Rick should have switched back in '99. He could have been stuck at 500MHz for over 2 years. Man I sure miss those days. I didn't have to worry about updates in technology or keeping up with the Jones.

This post has got to be a joke.

atc ben
Oct 30, 2006, 09:46 PM

Here we go again...

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 09:56 PM

don't even bother posting. he's never going to come back and read the replies. it's incredibly pointless.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2006, 09:58 PM

The Core Duo MacBook Pros were released over 9 months ago. Apple was actually late in releasing the Core 2 Duo models compared to the rest of the industry.

If you had purchased any other brand of PC, the same thing would have happened.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 30, 2006, 10:46 PM

Sorry. I've gotten over it-my MBP showed up on October 6...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Elektrix
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2006, 01:11 AM

This guy's a troll btw, he came and posted this exact same stupid thing on MacRumors...... don't waste your breath expecting a reply, he never came back to the MacRumors thread either.

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2006, 01:51 AM

This guy doesn't make sense...
Signature depreciated.

gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2006, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by C.A.T.S. CEO View Post
This guy doesn't make sense...
happy birthday guy.
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

quattrokid73
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2006, 03:01 AM

Mastadon!

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 03:04 AM

I bought an abacus when I was a kid....

,....ahhhhhhhh...

damn technology..keeps progressing...... I want my money back!!!!!!!

wwwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

relix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2006, 03:48 AM

hi rick, may be you are right. I don't know much about Apple.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 31, 2006, 05:18 AM

webb3201
Senior User
Oct 31, 2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by discotronic View Post
Rick should have switched back in '99. He could have been stuck at 500MHz for over 2 years. Man I sure miss those days. I didn't have to worry about updates in technology or keeping up with the Jones.

This post has got to be a joke.
yep.....those were glorious days. I sold my 400mhz powermac two years after i purchased it for 85% of its original price! I upgraded to a blazing fast 667 machine. Ah the good old days!
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 31, 2006, 10:58 AM

ridiculous
existent

And yes, this thread is stupid.
•

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2006, 12:31 PM

i just shaved yesterday, and now i have to shave again! wtf!

i blame apple....
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

siMac
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by RickR
Rediculous If You Ask Me!
I didn't.
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2006, 03:24 PM

Damn it, just when I get used to shaving with razors, they come out with these electric thing-a-ma-bobs! And now I have to learn how to use it!

I was happy with my CRT 300lb tv and now I have to go and buy an LCD?! Then I buy a 720p HD set and they come out with 1080p!!!? I just bought an upconverting DVD player and now there' DH DVDS?!!? I just bought a gasoline car and now there's Hybrids!?! I just bought a 17" monitor and now there's a 30"!!??

I mean this thread topic is so beyond infantile that it's rIdiculous if you ask me .
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

ctsport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2006, 04:58 PM

you suck at life

milhous
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 05:01 PM

yeah you guys fell for it. first post, hasn't responded back since.
F = ma

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 31, 2006, 05:31 PM

I like ponies.

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2006, 06:29 PM

Funny that he hasn't responded back. Must have realized how retarded his post was.

zaghahzag
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2006, 06:32 PM

wow you guys can't smell a joke? That's pretty funny in itself.

this guy was clearly pulling your legs.

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2006, 06:44 PM

Judging from the fact he was a 1 poster, i'm sure this was just flame bait. And now this post is linked to on the macnn home page so maybe its just a ploy to get some more ad impressions. However if it is legit, I have to say the thread starter is a complete moron. Complaining that a company updates its products is the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone do. He should not be allowed to own a computer of his own.

crevatis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2006, 07:38 PM

Maybe Apple should have waited a little longer to upgrade their MacBook Pro line so they can stay well behind all the PC makers that are building Core 2 duo laptops.

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2006, 07:42 PM

yeah no kidding right

YangZone
Oct 31, 2006, 07:43 PM

Hang in there... it's a good machine and the new bump to Core 2 Duo is not a huge leap... it would make little difference to your day to day use. Digital video would benefit... but not hugely. Besides... probably soon... one of the usual suspects will offer an overnight service to upgrade your processor to Core 2 Duo for a reasonable fee.... but, you have a nice machine there... .

phantomo
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2006, 08:06 PM

He still didn't response but this made it to the headlines on the front page...
15"MBP/C2D2.4GHz/4GB RAM/320GB HD
15"MBP/C2D2.16GHz/3GB RAM/250GB HD
12"PB/1GHz/768MB/60GB/SuperDrive/AE
iPhone 8GB/iPod video 30GB

hezekiahb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by phantomo View Post
He still didn't response but this made it to the headlines on the front page...
No joke, lay off the poor guy. The real question is what in the world is this doing even mentioned on MACNN. If it's a slow news day don't waist my time with nonsense.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Nov 1, 2006, 07:07 AM

It's not unusual for moronic threads to make it to macnn's first page, but I'm wondering why the heck this thread hasn't been locked yet?
•

siflippant
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Simon View Post
It's not unusual for moronic threads to make it to macnn's first page, but I'm wondering why the heck this thread hasn't been locked yet?
The more people I meet, the more I love dogs...
Women aren't stupid........................ men are ;)

UberFu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2006, 06:30 PM

I think you all have been had_

The dude only has the one post and started his account in th last 30 days_

Sounds like someone was trying to get a rise outta a bunch of Mac die hards_

romeosc
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2006, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by UberFu View Post
I think you all have been had_

The dude only has the one post and started his account in th last 30 days_

Sounds like someone was trying to get a rise outta a bunch of Mac die hards_

Yeah,

But I bought a Post Sliderule for $200 in 1978 and now they have computers that are faster
than I can figure on a slide rule! I want my money back for the sliderule and where do I put the battery? (LOL)

PS... He can't spell RIDICULOUS!
( Last edited by romeosc; Nov 1, 2006 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spell)

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2006, 07:54 PM

I think he is annoyed that he can't figure out his spell checker.

slffl
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2006, 08:13 PM

C'mon now, obvious troll
"I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

- Dictator George W. Bush, Washington Post, 11-19-02

McDave
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2006, 08:13 PM

Probably because he's an anti-Mac Troll using an outdated OS with no central spell checker

McD

ghenriksen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2006, 10:00 PM

Ridiculous.

WetcoastBob
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 3, 2006, 02:07 AM

I still have my slide rule!
I bought my MacBook Pro in April. The only reason to feel a little yearn for the new Macbook Pro is the Firewire 800 port as I would like to use this for external Hard Drives which house my photo archives and Back-ups. I will wait for the next version of OSX and then pounce.
PS I already have a taker for my current Mac when I decide to upgrade.
Cheers:
Bob

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2006, 11:11 AM

I ate a pear this morning.
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

Elektrix
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 3, 2006, 11:17 AM

I can't believe MacNN has promoted this goofy thread on the forum roundup.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 3, 2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Elektrix View Post
I can't believe MacNN has promoted this goofy thread on the forum roundup.
It's only because people keep posting to it-that's an automatic feature. I'll fix that and close it.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules