Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Spreadsheet app update!

Spreadsheet app update!
danangdoc
Oct 20, 2008, 11:10 AM

Softalks update of their "Spreadsheet" application has just been released at the App store.. I got my 'download' notice yesterday. I can import or export my spreadsheets from my iPod Touch via Wifi. You can also use e-mail. I set up the Wifi in about 15 seconds. Fast and simple. Right now, the file format is XML format (filename.xml) so you need to open it in Excel on a PC or Mac. A "Numbers" version should be in development soon (I hope). Otherwise this is a great app, uses all the standard formulas, etc.

danangdoc  (op)
Oct 20, 2008, 01:28 PM

I did send the spreadsheet on the iPod as an e-mail. Previously it was complicated, but this time when I opened the file in my PC e-mail, I copied it (it comes in as a screen full XML code) and then pasted to a new file & renamed it with the .xml suffix. I opened it at work in Excel - no problem! Wish I'd had this when I was a road warrior. I retire soon but still like it for tracking my budget and investments.

Forum Links
Forum Rules