Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Magsafe Fraying?

Magsafe Fraying?
John123
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 3, 2006, 06:18 PM

Anyone else's Magsafe starting to fray? It's at the usual spot (where the cord hits the part that plugs into the computer). I would think after the yo-yos and then the older white bricks ***ALL*** having had this problem, that Apple would have made some design changed. This isn't even two months old yet!

Anyone else?
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

Danoldo
Jun 3, 2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by John123
Anyone else's Magsafe starting to fray? It's at the usual spot (where the cord hits the part that plugs into the computer). I would think after the yo-yos and then the older white bricks ***ALL*** having had this problem, that Apple would have made some design changed. This isn't even two months old yet!

Anyone else?
Mine broke anad frayed after 2 months with my Macbook. I ordered my Macbook over the internet but took it to the Apple store when I had this problem. The manager gave me some guff saying, "This looks more like abuse, the way these are designed, it is meant to take all stress off this point". I kept my cool and said that even if that is so, it isnt abuse, because I have done nothing to cause extra and/or added stress to this part. He said that he would replace it this once, but the next time I would have to buy a new charger.

I'm just glad there's more than one apple store in my town.

snoopy199
Forum Regular
Jun 3, 2006, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by John123

Anyone else?
I'm having trouble visualizing this, can you take a picture. Is it the end that plugs into the computer or into the white brick?

Forum Links
Forum Rules