Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > "Run with Rosetta" option doesn't exist on Get Info menu

"Run with Rosetta" option doesn't exist on Get Info menu
xvolution_lp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2010, 10:39 AM

hi!! i'm new here..from m'sia. not fluently in english. so, i hope someone help me..my problem is

"Run with Rosetta" option doesn't exist on Get Info menu on Photoshop CS4 application. what should i do? help me.. =(
hopefully i can running my photoshop cs4 on Rosetta coz some plugin need rosetta to work. thanks..

Thinine
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2010, 09:30 PM

Did you run a PPC binary remover? The option won't show if the Finder doesn't detect a PPC binary in the app.

xvolution_lp  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2010, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Thinine View Post
Did you run a PPC binary remover? The option won't show if the Finder doesn't detect a PPC binary in the app.
ppc binary remover? i think this problem happen when i installed 'cleanMyMac' n i found the item 'remove universal binaries'. what should i do thinine?please help me =( i need to run CS4 on rosetta.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2010, 12:13 AM

At the very least you'll need to reinstall CS4. At the most, you may have to reinstall your whole OS if the "cleanMyMac" program decided to remove the PPC binaries from the system libraries and frameworks.

Another reason why these "cleaning" apps should never be used.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

xvolution_lp  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2010, 12:51 AM

CharlesS : thanks.. i just remove the 'cleaning' app coz i'm still newbie to mac OS. =)

so,before reinstalling the CS4, should i uninstall first?

Forum Links
Forum Rules