Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes sound output

iTunes sound output
travistravis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2008, 04:53 PM

OK, so I'm not sure where to post this, I'm using iTunes, so I'll guess it's here.

I finally have my macmini attached to my tv (vga connection, with a stereo plug from headphone to tv-input) and I'm able to play movies from in iTunes. The problem is the sound sounds off a bit. it goes from really quiet, to really loud, depending on what's happening - usually dialog is really quiet while music is loud.

Am I missing channels somewhere or something? Is there a way to fix this? Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction of where to search?

lenox
Senior User
Sep 16, 2008, 09:31 AM

Sounds like you want/need some dynamic range compression. You could try playing with your EQ a bit (make sure it's flat or boost the mids, if anything), but unfortunately what most people do (I think even DVD Player.app has this feature) is to compress the range, which makes everything sound similar in volume.
c2d 2.66ghz iMac
500gb/2gb/motu ultralite

Forum Links
Forum Rules