Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Page overlay ads

Page overlay ads
Thinine
Mac Elite
May 9, 2010, 09:30 PM

Just got a nice survey ad through a page overlay. Very annoying. Isn't MacNN supposed to filter the annoying ads out?

ghporter
Administrator
May 10, 2010, 07:32 AM

We're only able to impact the ads we know are annoying or off-topic (like the spate of Windows tool ads we had a while back). If you can post a link to the ad, we can contact our advertising people who will contact the bulk advertiser that buys that space, and (usually) the offending ad gets pulled.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

residentEvil
Professional Poster
May 10, 2010, 01:12 PM

OP - you sure it is an ad?

i get about once a month a message from macnn that they are conducting a survey. the ad pop up isn't full page though. it is up under the browser menu bar and the top of the page navigation. it happens only at www.macnn.com, not forums.macnn.com

Thinine  (op)
Mac Elite
May 10, 2010, 06:56 PM

If I see it again I'll try to capture more info.

Thorzdad
May 12, 2010, 10:11 AM

I just got the survey popup here on the forums, not on MacNN. Here's the link you are asked to click:
Code:
http://core.insightexpressai.com/adServer/acceptInvite.aspx?BannerID=159154&referrer=forums.macnn.com&adiqs=_browsersize%3d1477x889%26_iniframe%3dfalse%26_adlocation%3d0x0%26_adsize%3d0x0%26_abovethefold%3dtrue%26_timeinview%3d2392%26esi%3dtrue%26bannerID%3d159154%26referer%3dforums.macnn.com&]InsightExpress.com]InsightExpress.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules