Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > El Cap Window RE-size Issue

El Cap Window RE-size Issue
Ecuguru
Forum Regular
Mar 13, 2016, 02:39 PM

When grabbing the bottom right corner of any window (finder, safari, mail, terminal) to resize the window, the rest of the window jumps to a specific point on the screen.

Likewise, autocomplete text fields (such as Finder Find or Mail's search), when I Start typing, the text suggestion / popup shows up somewhere else on the screen.

I've tried changing the screen resolution from default to scaled higher and lower, and while it temporarily seemed to fix it, the problem keeps coming back despite the resolution being the same.

I have no idea what to do.
I've already reformatted from the emergency / recovery drive once to try to squash this. This is a brand new MBP 15" running El Cap 10.11.13. I have no outstanding updates to perform. I am not projected to a display or running airplay screen display.

ibook_steve
Mar 15, 2016, 03:37 PM

Are you sure you don't have any weird apps installed that might be doing this? I just Googled and found an app called Moom that does something like this.

When you say "specific point", where on the screen are these things moving to?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

reader50
Administrator
Mar 16, 2016, 02:13 AM

Ecuguru, your thread subscription failed because your email on file with the forum is outdated. The sub bounced back to us.

Forum Links
Forum Rules