Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > IB save as pre-10.2 format?

IB save as pre-10.2 format?
Brass
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 09:59 PM

How do I save a 10.2 format NIB file as a pre-10.2 format NIB file in interface builder?

Whenenver I chose pre-10.2 format in the save as dialogue, it brings up a dialogue warning me about possible loss of functionality, etc, but none of the options actually allow me to save the file as pre-10.2.

I'm having a problem with the application crashing when it loads it's NIB (for some users), and the general consensus appears to be that this is a known problem with 10.2 format NIB files.

Does this sound right?

hayesk
Dec 2, 2003, 04:41 PM

Have you checked for any compatibility issues with saving as a Pre-10.1 nib? There's a compatibility checker in the IB menu that will tell you what simply will not be present in pre-10.3,10.2 files, and what is a genuine conflict.

There may be something blocking it.

Brass  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2003, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by hayesk:
Have you checked for any compatibility issues with saving as a Pre-10.1 nib? There's a compatibility checker in the IB menu that will tell you what simply will not be present in pre-10.3,10.2 files, and what is a genuine conflict.

There may be something blocking it.
Well, that's exactly the problem. There ARE incompatablilities, such as "This file is in 10.2 format and can't be read by previous versions of Mac OS X" (well, duh! that's the whole problem), but more importantly, there's a coupld of NSTextView issues where "Continuous spell checker" and "Use Find Panel" are incompatible with the old format.

So Fine, I check the attributes for both text views in the NIB and those attributes a NOT selected for either of the text views.

So why does it refuse to save the file in pre-10.2 format???

Do I have to create the NIB from scratch in pre-10.2 format? Surely there's got to be a better way. I've got 4 NIBs in this project, and only one of them is pre-10.2 format, and they are all moderately complex.

Brass  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2003, 05:00 PM

Okay, I've finally found it!

I guess that "Select Object" button in the incompatabilities being greyed out just didn't catch my attention enough. I finally noticed it and then of course it made the whole thing a lot more obvious. There were in fact some items I had neglected to check.

I guess this one is down to "user error".

doh!

Forum Links
Forum Rules