Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Just ruined iPod HELP!

Just ruined iPod HELP!
SJobs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2002, 12:36 PM

Hi all, I need help. I just connected my ipod to my computer to transfer my new elvis costello CD (This years model reissue) to my ipod heh... so I did that and by accident hit delete on my songs, realizing what I did I literally yanked the firewire cable out b4 it could do so, now I tried to connect it and it says its unreadable... uh oh, and I didnt do disk first aid I remember reading that I shouldn't.... how if I can, can I fix this?

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2002, 12:47 PM

did you try and do a "restore"?

edddeduck
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2002, 12:48 PM

Do you have copies of all your songs ??

If yes then just use the 1.0.4 system updater to reset your iPod you will lose all the data (on the iPod) but at least the iPod will be usable again.

Cheers Edd

SJobs  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2002, 10:54 PM

what I did seeing I didnt have all my songs was I ran norton (beta from versiontracker) and it somehow let me mount it, I proceeded to take the songs off and then restore then copied back, I only lost 400, good considering..

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2002, 02:38 AM

You should still have them on your hard disk somewhere. ITunes has a folder containing all of your music on the hard drive. Hopefully, you only deleted the songs off your iTunes playlist.

Forum Links
Forum Rules