Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > comp USA mac mini grrr

comp USA mac mini grrr
greenmeanie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2005, 05:39 PM

i called and asked if they had any and they said yes. i also asked if they had a display set up to try it and got a yes. so i take the drive out there knowing a BLIZZARD is on the way.
so i get out there and ask where is the display unit of the mac mini and they say we dont even know if we have any.

so they kid runs around looking and tells me not for another week GRRR just my luck.
so i checked out a couple G5 units and bought a ITRIP for my ipod.

dwood
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2005, 06:23 PM

kill them all!!!!

if you wanna see one, go to an apple store
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5/100gb/768/SD/APX
MacMini goodness... want one? http://tinyurl.com/4dww8

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jan 22, 2005, 06:29 PM

If you're willing to wait a couple of weeks, there is a 10% discount at target.com. See here:

http://macnn.com/news/27805

...and here:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0006HU2ZU

busterhide
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2005, 01:24 AM

Yea they are clowns there. I went into the inComp USA in Oxnard Calif. Yesterday to get a shuffle. They had them on display in the camera department. Asked to get a 1 Gig model. The poor kid working there gets on the phone to ask the manager if it is OK to sell the shuffles yet. WTF! He says OK yea we can sell them now. He opens the display and grabs one. Hands it to me. It is a 512 MB model. We check no 1 Gig models. OK looks like another lost sale at this place. I had to ask why he had to call his boss about the sale. He said they have had these shuffles for a week but were told that they could not sell any until the 21st. I asked "And you have had these on display all week?" Yea he says and a bunch of people have been asking about them too. But we couldn't sell any. Wow that's a lot of lost sales. I told him that the shuffles have been on sale for over a week everywhere else and I believe it is the Mac Mini that is on hold till the 22nd. He then said Oh yea we have a bunch of those too. I asked, you do, where are they? He says they are in the back. I asked, "Do you have a Apple guy here?" He says "Yea but he's not here right now." Yes that's obvious, well you have a nice day. I walked out of there thinking a marketing instructor could have a field day in this place teaching these folks the basics in how to stay in business. I wonder when they will put a mini out in the display area.
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers" -Thomas Jefferson

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Jan 23, 2005, 06:44 AM

I'm willing to bet that the Mac minis will be locked into screensaver mode and have crappy keyboards/displays to go along with them.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2005, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by alphasubzero949:
I'm willing to bet that the Mac minis will be locked into screensaver mode and have crappy keyboards/displays to go along with them.
Knowing CompUSa, the minis will be sitting on a shelf with no display, no keyboard, and no mouse!

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

hldan
Mac Elite
Jan 23, 2005, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by Eriamjh:
Knowing CompUSa, the minis will be sitting on a shelf with no display, no keyboard, and no mouse!
Normally I wouldn't defend CompUSA since they are just like Fry's electronics as far as abandoning the Mac section of the store, however I was at CompUSA yesterday to buy other things for my Powerbook and they had a very nice set up of the Mac mini with a 20" Apple Cinema Display and the new iLife05 and iWork all set up together. Everything was working great and they had iMovie demonstrated with a dedicated Apple rep there with a Macworld SF T-shirt on. I neglected to ask if it was in stock but as usual the Apple rep didn't even approach me when I was examining the mini.
I don't know why Apple tolerates these 3rd party stores neglecting their products.
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

thetman
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 23, 2005, 10:57 PM

i stoppped into the compusa i worked at to get a pc laptop for my cs class, well the apple rep whom is realyl cool and i knew pretty well ,says that had jsut gotten some minis in and i got to help him set one up, since it was stock we had to add bluetooth to use the bluetooth keyboard and mouse on a 20" display, it was very nice though it seemed to take a very long time to find the kb (5+ min ??) I could have boguht one but i really want built in bt, but they had 2 of each minus the 1 1.42 that we setup. it also did not have ilife 05 installed but the disc came with, plus compusa had plenty of both ilife 05 and iwork available. it seems that apple has more influence on the apple stores inside compusa's. the apple rep at that store could pretty much setup and use whatever products he wanted for display. (he had pulled out a wired kb and i said you could use a bluetooth adapter since he already hada bt kb out from something else.

Forum Links
Forum Rules