Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Voice chat using VPC ?

Voice chat using VPC ?
Jim_MDP
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2003, 06:55 AM

Trying to make this work, but sending horribly echoed signal from my side. Could it be ports, MAC settings in my 814 wireless router, firewall?

I'm trying AIM, MSN, PalTalk. As an aside� I use the Mac client for EchoLink (an amateur radio users VOIP app) and the audio is flawless. I can't even get the Win ELink client to communicate with the Audio Test Server.

Considering the VPC gets its own MAC plus each has firewall software (Win 2K, and I've tried with all firewalls off), there are at least a dozen variations and I lost track somewhere around attempt eight.

All info available on request (except Visa and PIN numbers) to anyone who would try to keep me thinking straight as I take another whack at this.

I would think it's my slow Pismo unable to keep up but for the inability to hit the ELink test machine. Echoes anyone?

TIA.

Forum Links
Forum Rules