Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Scripting the install of a bunch of Scripts?

Scripting the install of a bunch of Scripts?
vwgtiturbo
Forum Regular
Aug 19, 2008, 03:34 PM

Hello there, I have downloaded loads of Applescripts over the past year. This left me with LOADS of '.zip' files, and it is really annoying to have to unzip each one, and run it's installer, or copy the script into a particular directory. Some have their own 'installer' script/app, some don't. I am trying to find a way to group them into functional areas (ie. a group of iTunes scripts, a group of menubar (finder) scripts, etc.) and put the groups into a DMG. I was hoping that I could then use one script to install all of the scripts on the DMG (whether there was one or 10) into a certain location. Is this possible? Do scripts just get copied, or is there some system action that happens behind the scenes that necessitates something more complex than a simple copy?
I just thought that it would be nice to open a DMG or two, click a installer script/app and have all of the scripts at the root of the DMG copied where they need to go versus doing it one at a time.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Black 13" Widescreen MacBook
2.0Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD
Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard

Forum Links
Forum Rules