Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Does YDL 2.3 work with jaguar?

Does YDL 2.3 work with jaguar?
Peter753
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2002, 08:41 PM

I had yellow dog 2.3 coexistsing with 10.1.4 but when i updated to jaguar i could no longer choose to boot form YDL. Since i dont see a YDL update since the 2.3 that i have, do you think just reinstalling it would enable me to had a duel boot again?

engage1000
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2002, 11:29 PM

Hi Peter,

What I think has happened is when you installed Jaguar it set up the system to boot from that partition by default. If you have your partitions set up anything like I have mine... then resetting the PRAM will do the trick and tell the computer to look in your bootloader partition first (which should be the first partition on the hard drive), instead of the Jaguar partition.

Let me see if I can find the article on YDL's web site for you, it will be much better at explanining what to do.
I learned the hard way that you can't use vB smilies in your sig. see --> :cry:

engage1000
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2002, 11:31 PM

Here it is

Let me know how it goes
I learned the hard way that you can't use vB smilies in your sig. see --> :cry:

snct
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2002, 04:46 PM

If that doesn't work, you can use your YDL CD to delete the boot partition, and re-install it during the regular install routine. Just bypass the unnecessary steps and it should work fine (worked great for me).
--Steve

Forum Links
Forum Rules