Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > looking for software to keep track of online purchases...

looking for software to keep track of online purchases...
reemas
Senior User
Apr 30, 2005, 12:45 PM

i buy and sell thigns from ebay. and i also buy items from other websites. is there any software that I can use that can keep me updated on what is coming in and what should be going out. i hate having to go through emails to make sure im sending / receving items promptly.

thanks.

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2005, 01:38 PM

Not that I know of, but I'm sure you just gave some developer an idea for a great app.

I can think of one work around: use a spreadsheet along with iCal. In the spreadsheet you can keep track of exactly what you need to send or will be receiving. Then, have iCal give you a message and perhaps even send you an email (though I know you're trying to get away from this - it would be just a backup measure) when you're getting close to the date (maybe even set up alarms at different dates, e.g., getting close to the date; closer; dude, you gotta send it!). You could probably do this just with iCal, but you can fit more information in a spreadsheet.

Just a thought. Good luck!

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Apr 30, 2005, 01:42 PM

i wish i could just use ical, but between the calender events and a simple to do list, i think it might not be as smooth. ill give it a shot.

as for excel, i guess i could use that, but a simple gui to track things would be great! thanks for the tips though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules