Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > 1Password syncing problem

1Password syncing problem
Harvey
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2014, 11:41 AM

I have been using 1Password with my Mac for 3 years now and never really bothered with syncing, until recently when i bought an iPad and iPhone. I have updated to 1Password 5 on all of my devices (including a Macbook Pro) with little success in syncing them all together. Originally I began with Dropbox and then switch to iCloud with little difference. If I add a new login account or simply change the password on an existing account the changes fail to show-up on other devices or my laptop. Should I delete everything and reinstall 1Password 5 onto each device? Will I lose all of my passwords? (I think YES). And finally and probably most important do I need to use a different APP on IOS8 than on Yosemite? Computing would be so much easier if everything synced.

Harvey

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2014, 01:13 PM

Yes, I would start from scratch.

Install on your Mac first, sync to Dropbox.

Then add one iOS device at a time.

-t

Harvey  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2014, 03:00 PM

I currently have 200 logins. Will these all be deleted if I start from scratch? Or will dropbox keep them save.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
I currently have 200 logins. Will these all be deleted if I start from scratch? Or will dropbox keep them save.
Start on your Mac. I hope you have all logins there.

I would create a Backup of all items (File - Backup), create a New Vault synced to Dropbox, delete the old Vault, and Restore the logins.
Then make sure syncing with Dropbox works.

Once that's done, on iOS, do a full reset of 1PW (delete everything on the iOS 1PW), and set it up new, getting the data from Dropbox.

-t

Harvey  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2014, 11:05 AM

Did as you suggested . . . backup, new vault . . . now my old vault (Primary Vault) is not deletable.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 17, 2014, 11:49 AM

I guess you gotta make the new vault Primary.
Not sure how this is done.

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules