Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Playing the waiting game

Playing the waiting game
jtd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2011, 03:50 PM

I have the iPhone 3G, and pretty soon I will be over the 2-year service agreement for my plan. I do plan on buying another iPhone. My predicament is with how long do you think it will be until the next iPhone model is released? The iPhone 4 has been out for a good while now, and I don't want to buy that and then next week the iPhone X is out.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 3, 2011, 03:59 PM

iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S will most likely come out at the latest in Fall 2011.
There are rumors that it could be summer, but nothing too substantial.

-t

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 3, 2011, 08:37 PM

I think Apple's going to break the WWDC release schedule this year. The company doesn't like definitive release schedules because then customers delay purchasing if they come to expect a new model will definitely drop at a given event. That's why the Macworld centric release pattern went away. Maybe Apple will go really crazy and think that the iPhone 4 in white counts as a whole new phone revision.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

jtd  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2011, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I think Apple's going to break the WWDC release schedule this year. The company doesn't like definitive release schedules because then customers delay purchasing if they come to expect a new model will definitely drop at a given event. That's why the Macworld centric release pattern went away. Maybe Apple will go really crazy and think that the iPhone 4 in white counts as a whole new phone revision.
I really hope they don't count that white one as a new release. That would be such a bummer to me. This phone is still in pretty good condition, and I will have some time to dedicate some money to the new phone.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 15, 2011, 05:58 PM

The end of fall will bring Christmas and the iPhone 5, and it is only 6 months away!

Cold Warrior
Jun 15, 2011, 06:16 PM

I hope they get it out long before Christmas. That'd bring a supply crunch and I don't think apple wants to be the grinch. In recent timed I don't recall any near-Xmas product refreshes.

P
Jun 16, 2011, 03:23 AM

Fairly consistent rumors point to September, when the iPods are usually updated.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 16, 2011, 04:35 AM

I hate the waiting game. . . Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

AccessoryGeeks
Banned
Jun 20, 2011, 05:33 PM

I would really wait if I were you! You mentioned that your 3G is in good condition, just wait it out for a couple more months.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 21, 2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I hate the waiting game. . . Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!
You are fully bonded and licensed by the city aren't you, Mr Plow?

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Forum Links
Forum Rules