Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Pro 2.66/X1900/Bluetooth/Airport (rest stock) arrives!!!

Mac Pro 2.66/X1900/Bluetooth/Airport (rest stock) arrives!!!
Mac Write
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2007, 01:53 AM

Well I picked up my Mac Pro and got it set up around 3:30PM P.D.T. Still copying the 350GB+ from my MDD G4 (man when that is retired from active primary duty at my moms in Fall 2009, it's going to make a killer file server thanks to gigabit ethernet. Man it's fast to a degree.

2 x 1GB OWC RAM arrives tomorrow by Fedex@my place, but of course I am @my moms. so from order to having Mac Pro+RAM under 168hrs (aka one week). Well well ahead of schedule.

I also put a 500GB WD in there. Aperture also is smooth scrolling for the sliders. Perfect. Only continueing complaint as usual is the "Loading…" which prevents any work for 2-3 seconds.

Who else has this exact config (well with or without bluetooth/Airport) but with 3GB?

Also I am only running on 450MB RAM (clean Library install, no MS Office yet?). While my MDD runs at 1.2GB of used RAM.
( Last edited by Mac Write; Apr 12, 2007 at 02:00 AM. )
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Glenn Wolsey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2007, 02:37 AM

Nice! Glad you finally have the machine.

Once the file transfer is finished, be sure to let us know what you think about its speed compared to the PowerMac G4.

Forum Links
Forum Rules