Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Webkit nightly can't display PDF and BMP, trouble loading Facebook

Webkit nightly can't display PDF and BMP, trouble loading Facebook
FireWire
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2011, 10:58 AM

Hi,

I know the Webkit nightlies are not meant to be bug-proof, but I've been having these bugs for a while so I think the problem is with my installation, as my friend who's running the same version doesn't experiment them. The problem is that when I load a PDF, it loads using the QuickTime plugin and I can only access the first page, there's no way to scroll to the other pages. The second problem is that whenever I click on a link that leads to a BMP image, Webkit downloads it instead of displaying it. I checked in the Installed plug-ins and QuickTime should be handling it. The third problem is that the facebook page doesn't load properly most of the times. I get a lot of errors in the status bar and many items on the page are missing or are taking a long time to load. Also, I often have to click the back button twice on my mouse to go to the previous page, while it works the first time in other applications.

I must also point out that everything is fine in the regular Safari (didn't test the BMP, however).

Do any of you also experience those problems? And how can I reinstall Webkit from scratch? Just reinstalling a fresh copy from Apple's website didn't change anything.

Thank you!

Forum Links
Forum Rules