Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Possible Voter Fraud Found in Milwaukee

Possible Voter Fraud Found in Milwaukee
Zimphire
Baninated
May 10, 2005, 09:26 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051000971.html

MILWAUKEE -- About 4,500 more ballots than registered voters were cast in the election last November in Milwaukee, investigators said Tuesday.

Also, more than 200 felons voted improperly in Milwaukee, and more than 100 instances of suspected double-voting were found.

No charges have been filed. Investigators found no widespread conspiracy, just isolated incidents, U.S. Attorney Steven Biskupic said.

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
May 10, 2005, 09:43 PM

I seem to recall some other counties finding other odd things as well, I think Bush probably carried Wisconsin, but what is done is done.

PacHead
Baninated
May 10, 2005, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by NYCFarmboy
but what is done is done.
True, but those found guilty of voter fraud should lose their voting priviliges in any upcoming elections. Cheats/frauds and crooks do not deserve any voting rights.

The investigation was launched by local and federal authorities after the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel found, among other things, that more than 1,200 people voted from invalid addresses. The head of the city's election commission has since resigned.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
May 10, 2005, 09:57 PM

Eighth rule of the Political Lounge: No posting and running. Give an opinion, your slant, anything in regards to what you're posting. Simply posting a news story and no context or direction is not conducive to fostering discussion. Avoid it.

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
May 10, 2005, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by AKcrab
Eighth rule of the Political Lounge: No posting and running. Give an opinion, your slant, anything in regards to what you're posting. Simply posting a news story and no context or direction is not conducive to fostering discussion. Avoid it.
Yes, I just read that after reading a thread that was locked.

I apologize and will receive no less than 50 lashes from the banninator.

Krusty
Professional Poster
May 11, 2005, 12:13 AM

Hmmm .... perhaps we could just note "post and run" threads some way like we note (jpg orgy) in other places. Sometimes, you just wanna bring attention to something that you think hasn't gotten any attention even though you haven't fully formed an opinion on it.

meh

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
May 11, 2005, 12:43 AM

I didn't realize there was a Rule #8, but if that is the law, then so be it...

going back to reedit my posts to adhere to RULE #8 while muttering a reference to Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

( Last edited by NYCFarmboy; May 11, 2005 at 01:19 AM. )

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
May 11, 2005, 07:12 AM

I wonder why the "Vote fraud" people in this forum never mentioned this one.

You know the people that claim that the last election was rigged too..

Krusty
Professional Poster
May 11, 2005, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Zimphire
I wonder why the "Vote fraud" people in this forum never mentioned this one.

You know the people that claim that the last election was rigged too..
Most importantly ... nobody ever heard of it until you made the post ?? (story from May 10th 2005)
Kerry had a 71% majority in one of the areas in question (i.e. could not have changed outcome)
Kerry won the state by 11,000 votes (i.e.could not have changed the outcome)
Your own post states that investigators have found no widespread conspiracy ... just isolated incidents.
Your own post counts 200 felons + 100 double voters out of 4500 over votes (< 7%). What were the other 4200 ? Clerical screw ups ? Honest mistakes ? 1200 of the difference seems to be people voting from invalid addresses. Does that just mean they moved but were otherwise legally entitled to vote and just screwed up their paperwork somehow ?
If the situation were reversed, say in Florida in 2000, do you think anyone would have made a stink about a recount if Bush had 71% of the vote ?

That's just what jumps out at me in the first 2 seconds of thinking about it. Please keep us informed if any actual conspiracy gets found in this case and if it large enough to change the outcome. Then we'll pissed ... pissed I tell you !!!

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 11, 2005, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by AKcrab
yes, mommy.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

SVass
Mac Elite
May 11, 2005, 11:54 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051000971.html

MILWAUKEE -- About 4,500 more ballots than registered voters were cast in the election last November in Milwaukee, investigators said Tuesday.

Also, more than 200 felons voted improperly in Milwaukee, and more than 100 instances of suspected double-voting were found.

No charges have been filed. Investigators found no widespread conspiracy, just isolated incidents, U.S. Attorney Steven Biskupic said.
The repubs have made the same charge in the state of Washington and now that it is in court (over a close gubernatorial election), it turns out that they were counting old juvenile offenses (doesn't disqualify), similar spelling of name (who knows), and didn't look at Republican areas of the state which had similar numbers. The Republican prosecutor investigated and found many had not even been told they were disqualified and therefore they could not be prosecuted. Interviews with a few indicated that they had voted for one of their own, Bush, so the Republic lawyers want the removed on a statistical basis per precinct but do not want Republic areas of the state considered. sam

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
yes, mommy.
Just raising awareness.

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
May 12, 2005, 06:49 AM

I made NO accusations of fraud.

You guys crack me up.

No, sorry, I don't think any shenanigans happened here.

My point being, whenever there is even a HINT of voter fraud happening that made Bush look bad, MANY people in here here JUMPED at the chance to spread FUD, and "WHAT IF!?!" paranoia. Even when said article claimed there was no hint of tampering.

I am just showing this happens. There is no conspiracy.

You are quick to come to Kerry's side, and claim no fraud, and quick to point fingers at the right claiming fraud.

While I think it's neither. It is something that has been going on well before Bush or Kerry ran for office.

So no more of these silly voter fraud threads.

Bush won the election just like every president before him.

Randman
Posting Junkie
May 12, 2005, 06:55 AM

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

SVass
Mac Elite
May 12, 2005, 10:41 AM

I made NO accusations of fraud.

You guys crack me up.

No, sorry, I don't think any shenanigans happened here.

My point being, whenever there is even a HINT of voter fraud happening that made Bush look bad, MANY people in here here JUMPED at the chance to spread FUD, and "WHAT IF!?!" paranoia. Even when said article claimed there was no hint of tampering.

I am just showing this happens. There is no conspiracy.

You are quick to come to Kerry's side, and claim no fraud, and quick to point fingers at the right claiming fraud.

While I think it's neither. It is something that has been going on well before Bush or Kerry ran for office.

So no more of these silly voter fraud threads.

Then why are Republicans claiming fraud in Washington TODAY? Why are your people crying in court? sam

boots
Professional Poster
May 12, 2005, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by NYCFarmboy
I didn't realize there was a Rule #8, but if that is the law, then so be it...

It's Rule #5 that doesn't exist.

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 12, 2005, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by SVass
The repubs have made the same charge in the state of Washington and now that it is in court (over a close gubernatorial election), it turns out that they were counting old juvenile offenses (doesn't disqualify), similar spelling of name (who knows), and didn't look at Republican areas of the state which had similar numbers. The Republican prosecutor investigated and found many had not even been told they were disqualified and therefore they could not be prosecuted. Interviews with a few indicated that they had voted for one of their own, Bush, so the Republic lawyers want the removed on a statistical basis per precinct but do not want Republic areas of the state considered. sam
Well of course! Why would Republicans do anything wrong?
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
May 13, 2005, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by SVass
Then why are Republicans claiming fraud in Washington TODAY? Why are your people crying in court? sam
They are claiming FRAUD? Really?

Linkage? I was busy at work that day.

SVass
Mac Elite
May 13, 2005, 11:45 AM

They are claiming FRAUD? Really?

Linkage? I was busy at work that day.
http://www.seattleweekly.com/feature...s_election.php

This is a random selection of a recent story. They have been running bs since November. The "liberal" press keeps showing the losing Republican with his wife and small children talking about having a revote. Most people would rather hear about the Mariners, Sonics, or even Michael Jackson than this. The democrats have offered a revote after the revote in both Florida 2000 and Ohio 2004. Anyway, Rossi found a judge in a Republican county who is holding hearings forever. sam

To save all of the lawyers time, I include the relevant section of our state constitution: "The person having the highest number of votes shall be declared duly elected, and a certificate thereof shall be given to such person, signed by the presiding officers of both houses; but if any two or more shall be highest and equal in votes for the same office, one of them shall be chosen by the joint vote of both houses. Contested elections for such officers shall be decided by the legislature in such manner as shall be determined by law." The democrats have a majority in both houses of the legislature and have already declared the democrat as the winner.

SVass
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 07:38 PM

http://www.tvw.org
LIVE: Wenatchee Election Challenge - Posted on 05/11/05 by Programming
TVW will offer LIVE daily gavel-to-gavel coverage of the governor election challenge case – Borders et al v King County et al – in Chelan County Superior Court. The election contest begins May 23 and could last as long as 9 days. Daily sessions will begin as early as 8:30 a.m. and will continue as late as 5 p.m., with a one-hour lunch break.
Live Streaming media Video & Audio links of this case will be available here during the duration of the case.

This is us pacific time-so be warned. I get to watch it live on tv. sam

Forum Links
Forum Rules