Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lost

Lost (Page 7)
Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 19, 2006, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
sawyer is sawyer. kate was just pointing out that since he was wounded trying to defend walt, people don't think he's as much of a jerk. so he threw out a few jerkish comments to try to allay that.
He's talking about last night's ep., when Locke called Sawyer on adopting a pseudonym, "Sawyer" instead of going by his real name, James.

ambush: did you watch the first season?
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

ambush
Banned
Jan 19, 2006, 06:30 PM

I know macnstein would like one of the guy to pee on a girl tho

Strad: no... my cousin does have the multi cds xvids tho... I might watch them sometime.

andi*pandi
Jan 19, 2006, 06:33 PM

oops! I haven't watched last nights yet. Sorry!

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2006, 06:52 PM

I just caught up with watching Lost a couple weeks ago, so I haven't read through this thread, so pardon me if this has been asked and answered.

Does anyone else find Jack to be horribly annoying? He's always really determined or bullheaded to do something, but he never has any real motive as to why he's doing it.

ImpulseResponse

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 19, 2006, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by ambush
I know macnstein would like one of the guy to pee on a girl tho

Strad: no... my cousin does have the multi cds xvids tho... I might watch them sometime.
Well, if you want to know why Sawyer's not "Sawyer":

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/epi...2004-05/8.html

BigBadWolf
Forum Regular
Jan 25, 2006, 09:40 PM

BigBadWolf
Forum Regular
Jan 25, 2006, 09:42 PM

Hopefully tonight's episode will be better than last week.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2006, 10:45 PM

Ok my friend has been trying to get me into this show. I watched the recap episode and the last 3. I turned this **** off 10 min into tonights episode for good.

Again, other than the show being boring the thing that really bothers me is how good everyone looks. Fine they have a shower but that lady with the baby looks like a million bucks. She was wearing an inch of makeup, eyeliner and very red lipstick. Look at ever someone on vacation after a week... they are brown/red and greasy. All of their clothes look ironed all the time.

Also that lord of the rings chap with the beard has the EXACT same haircut down to the millimetre in the flashbacks as he does on the island weeks/months later.

Watch Battlestar, Starbucks hair was short in the first episode and you can slowly see it growing out over the months they are out there. They have showers and all the luxuries but they still look like crap as they wear little or no makeup. This is the attention to detail that gets me into a show.

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 11:02 PM

Poor Charlie... he's f'd up. Where can he go from here? Unless there's some confrontation with the Others where he saves the baby, he's got no real options besides moving out or suicide.

Theodour
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2006, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by GSixZero
Does anyone else find Jack to be horribly annoying? He's always really determined or bullheaded to do something, but he never has any real motive as to why he's doing it.
Yeah, Jack is really irritating--he slowly grew that way
It is funny how the characters shift. I hated Sawyer and Sun's husband the whole first season, but now they are pretty cool.

Charlie is in a bad way. He shouldn't have lied about the drugs, right ... but then he said it all happens for a reason, right ... so, instead of destroying the drugs, Locke locked them up in the safe, right? Soooo, maybe he believes Charlie after all and wants to see how it plays out instead of just destroying the stuff.

And will Hurley's bad luck hurl a world of hurt on his new girlfriend, or will they get down to the sweet business?

And I never thought I'd get into a soap opera!

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2006, 12:11 PM

What a waste of an episode. Nothing happened. At all.

Just started watching Battlestar Galactica on DVD -- much better show.
And 24 is much more exciting at the moment.

andi*pandi
Jan 26, 2006, 12:30 PM

as annoying as a charlie centric episode was, his backstory filler was at least better than jack's last week. talk about telling us what we already know.

all this talk about baptism, claire's not even catholic, why is it important? did charlie acting crazy really "save" the baby by getting it baptised? what about everyone else who isn't baptised, or catholic? Are they planting this to make us think about the purgatory idea again, even after they denied it? Bah.

Though charlie at the end of the ep, looking deranged, reminds me of how he was after his kidnapping... and the idea then that he'd been "tampered" with. Charlie going nutzo might be more interesting than charlie being annoying.

SWG, I'm willing to let them look pretty... they made a point with sawyer's haircut, that they got marooned with tools and hairbrushes, and now have a shower and shampoo... and absolutely not much to do all day. All that free time's got to go somewhere.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 12:31 PM

Agreed. Nothing new was really learned, except a couple of details about Charlie's backstory (which I care nothing about, to be honest). Charlie could end up an outcast, in which case the question will be whether he gets entangled with the others.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 03:19 PM

'Nuff said.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2006, 03:26 PM

And the funny part is she looks exactly the same stranded on an Island for weeks

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 03:26 PM

I have no problem with that.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 03:28 PM

What was the deal with Locke putting the statues in the hatch? Why didn't he destroy them?

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2006, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon
What was the deal with Locke putting the statues in the hatch? Why didn't he destroy them?
I think he might still trust Charlie to do the right thing and destroy them on his own when he's ready.... or Locke is just an evil bastard and he's going to get Charlie all strung out and pimp his Brit ass out to the others for some coconuts and mangos.

andi*pandi
Jan 26, 2006, 03:58 PM

well, I'm thinking maybe he realizes they are a resource, can you make medicine from heroin? but he trusts himself with them more than charlie. -- a bit hypocritical.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 04:27 PM

Or he's keeping it for himself in case everything goes to crap.

Why else would he change the combo on the lock?

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2006, 05:47 PM

well, I'm thinking maybe he realizes they are a resource, can you make medicine from heroin?
Heroin was first made to be a medicine and was legal for quite some time. It was even prescribed, originally, to treat cocaine addiction. Little did those doctors know that heroin metabolizes as cocaine and is far more dangerous.

TheMule
Jan 26, 2006, 06:04 PM

Little did those doctors know that heroin metabolizes as cocaine and is far more dangerous.
==================
Well the only dangerous thing about heroin is the it is extremely addictive. Other than that it is really the perfect pain med (which is was attend to be used for) because is doesn’t cause any damage to your organs.

ambush
Banned
Jan 27, 2006, 01:38 AM

The show is a symbol for being born again christian... ecko is kinda a born again christian,

ecko passed a test... every one passes a test. sawyer was his illness, charlie is passing it now... locke is being normal again (?)

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2006, 01:44 AM

The show is a symbol for being born again christian... ecko is kinda a born again christian,

ecko passed a test... every one passes a test. sawyer was his illness, charlie is passing it now... locke is being normal again (?)
That is what I said after just ONE episode. They seem to be on trial as they have all "sinned" or some crap like that. God has too much time on his hands.

ambush
Banned
Jan 27, 2006, 02:04 PM

*sigh* I don't really like the biblical **** in the new EP... I think I might stop DLing them

Mr. Eko
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2006, 04:48 PM

Hey. It's Mr. Eko to you.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Leia's Left Bun
That is what I said after just ONE episode. They seem to be on trial as they have all "sinned" or some crap like that. God has too much time on his hands.
Doesn't god have all the time on her hands?

*inspirational music*

greenamp
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2006, 04:40 PM

I didn't really like this episode at all. Charlie and Claire are the two most annoying characters in the show, and to have an entire episode centering around them was just painful to watch.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2006, 10:12 PM

It's about time to resurrect this thread. Last night's episode was markedly better than the one before. Sawyer fell back into his better form, and it just felt like things were actually happening for once.

Still need a few more episodes to win me back after the rest of this season's less-than-stellar performance.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2006, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stradlater
It's about time to resurrect this thread. Last night's episode was markedly better than the one before. Sawyer fell back into his better form, and it just felt like things were actually happening for once.

Still need a few more episodes to win me back after the rest of this season's less-than-stellar performance.
Agreed 100%. I'm about to give up on the series. Instead of wondering about the deeper mystery, I just do a weekly shuffle of which character I'd like to see die next, and how painfully they should perish.
Of course, Michael must die in the most painful way possible, without ever finding Walt, and being told just before his doom that he was a failure as a father. I find him excessively annoying. At this point, I think everyone on the island should die except Hurley, Sayyid, and Kate. Other than that they all must perish... hopefully eaten by a ravenous Hurley.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

greenamp
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2006, 02:39 AM

"cause to die"

himself
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2006, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by greenamp
"cause to die"

I was wondering what those hieroglyphs meant... thanks for doing the research for me!

Last nights ep. was the best of the season, in my opinion, though Jack is really starting to become an annoying pussy.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

andi*pandi
Feb 16, 2006, 11:29 AM

I'm glad they showed sayyid dealing with his grief (or not, really) but isn't there another way they could have corroborated the guy's story. like going to his beach and finding the balloon. He did look awfully well dressed and shaved for a guy living in a cave, but maybe his balloon was well stocked or there's yet another hatch in his cave. :/

sawyer killing that frog killed the last of any fascination I had with him I think.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by himself
Last nights ep. was the best of the season, in my opinion, though Jack is really starting to become an annoying pussy.
It had its moments, but I didn't think it was great. I was especially disappointed that the timer didn't run completely dry.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2006, 11:31 AM

I'm glad they showed sayyid dealing with his grief (or not, really) but isn't there another way they could have corroborated the guy's story. like going to his beach and finding the balloon. He did look awfully well dressed and shaved for a guy living in a cave, but maybe his balloon was well stocked or there's yet another hatch in his cave. :/
His hair is quite short, too. 4 months should make it a couple inches longer.

himself
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stradlater
His hair is quite short, too. 4 months should make it a couple inches longer.
I think it's proven beyond doubt that everyone on that island came prepared with grooming kits.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

ambush
Banned
Feb 16, 2006, 12:12 PM

wow, last EP was the most boring. except the hieroglyphs.

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2006, 12:20 PM

wow, last EP was the most boring. except the hieroglyphs.
I thought so too.

Lock is turning out to be a real weasle...

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Feb 17, 2006, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by greenamp
"cause to die"

Hey, cool, that's my screenshot - I had it up in the FARK thread like a minute after it was on the air. I recognize the crappy artifacting from my MythTV. Amazing how quickly it spread.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2006, 11:28 AM

Well...another day, another bad episode. I'd have stopped watching by now if it hadn't become a weekly thing with friends.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2006, 11:42 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. it answered a LOT of questions while asking a few more.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2006, 11:51 AM

I've cared less and less for all of the characters throughout this season.

Claire has never been a favorite, but she's been especially annoying as of late, and I didn't care to follow her around through the episode. (It didn't help that those accompanying her didn't play off each other very well.)

Meanwhile, one of the better characters from the first season, Locke, is acting in an incredibly stupid manner. He seems smart enough to realize when he's getting played, and yet he doesn't. Wasn't he more gung-ho about locking this other up in the first place (compare with Jack, now and before)?

Yes, we learned more in this last episode than most, but with the way Lost has been going, I've stopped caring. A show should make me anticipate the next episode. Lost no longer does (especially when new episodes only air every 2-3 weeks).

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2006, 11:59 AM

Okay, then thanks for playing.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
Okay, then thanks for playing.
You're welcome.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2006, 03:43 PM

I enjoyed last night's episode. Especially with Kate finding the 'props' that The Others wear whenever we've seen them. That makes me wonder who the hell is running that island and why.

The main other guy mentioned "Him". Do you think he was talking about the guy in the instruction video they watched in the hatch?

Either way, I'm eager to keep watching the show. A friend of mine got into the show and this weekend I bought season 1 dvds and we watched them all. Good stuff.

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2006, 08:58 PM

"HIM"... is it Alvar Hanso? Or Dr. Marvin Candle? Desmond? Henry? The smoke monster? The evil psychic spirit inhabiting the island? I'm not sure even the writers know. Clever though - giving us lots to think about.

ambush
Banned
Mar 2, 2006, 09:13 PM

Rousseau and Locke -- two of the most acclaimed philosophers. Something tells me the names matter.

I had forgotten about Desmond... where's the poor lad now?

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2006, 02:28 PM

Alright you lost junkies.

I am trying to help out a friend... what is the latest episode of Lost? It is 215? is that the season finale? What episode aired this week?

"Barwaraaawww"

Demonhood
Administrator
Mar 16, 2006, 02:43 PM

2-15 is the most recent.
there wasn't a new episode this week.

BigBadWolf
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2006, 03:21 PM

According to Yahoo TV Listings, next Wednesday (3/22) there will be a new episode:

"The Whole Truth"
Sun wrestles with the thought of telling Jin a newfound secret that threatens to upset the entire balance of the survivors' community

Forum Links
Forum Rules