Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Program that allows your isight to snap a pic when the wrong password is entered?

Program that allows your isight to snap a pic when the wrong password is entered?
Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2008, 07:39 AM

I remember people excitedly saying that they set up their MBP's to take a picture out of it's built in isight cameras. Supposedly it snaps a pic of the user who logs in with the wrong password. This lets you know if someone is actively trying to guess your password on the laptop. I was wondering if anyone remembers this program, and knows the name/where i can find it. Thanks!

I did a search but didn't get it listed as a result. Sorry!

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 2, 2008, 08:16 AM

Lancer409  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2008, 11:47 PM

is there one that's freeware? (doesnt have tracking or support, just want to have the isight snap a picture, or even tell me the password they "Tried" to log in with.

In that, If i leave my laptop around aquaintances, i'd like to know who would try to log into my laptop.

thanks =D

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Cold Warrior
Jan 3, 2008, 12:27 AM

Iris 1.0.4 - MacUpdate

Iris has a motion-detection mode. It'd start taking snapshots when it detected motion (e.g., someone sitting down at your computer).

Not free, but the demo may last long enough for your needs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules