Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Delicious Library iPhone App available in App Store!

Delicious Library iPhone App available in App Store!
Mark Booth
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2009, 02:33 AM

I just happened to search the iTunes App Store this evening for "Delicious Library" and, much to my surprise, I found the Delicious Library iPhone App was added to the store on June 7. There are no reviews yet so I'm guessing that Apple just cleared it for download sometime today.

Now... before everyone goes running to get it.... For the life of me, I can't figure out how to sync the IPhone App to my Delicious Library data on my Mac Mini (the computer I use for a home theater PC).

Apparently, it's supposed to sync over WiFi (Airport). When I run the DL App on my iPhone I get a Welcome screen with two options.... "Use Sample Library" or "Pair with Mac Library". When I choose "Pair with Mac Library" a "Link to Library" screen pops up showing the familiar Airport logo and text that reads: "Your iPhone must be on an Airport Network to link to Delicious Library 2 on your Mac". Well, my iPhone is on an Airport network (Apple's Time Machine) and my Mac Mini is connected to that Time Machine via ethernet.

NOTHING HAPPENS. And there is ZERO documentation other than what I've described above.

If anyone has success in getting it to work, please share your method here with the rest of us.

Mark

Mark Booth  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2009, 09:59 AM

Figured it out. The DL iPhone App requires version 2.1 (Beta) of the Delicious Library Mac application. I found the beta file, downloaded it and installed it on my Mac Mini and everything works great. Simply load up DL 2.1 on the Mac, launch the DL iPhone App and select "Pair with Mac Library" and the magic happens! I now have all of my collection on my iPhone for easy perusal without a network connection! Nice!!

Mark

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 11, 2009, 10:08 AM

Wow great news. I'm amazed it actually happened that quick.

-t

Mark Booth  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2009, 02:19 PM

Keep in mind that I don't believe the app is "officially" released yet. It's easy to find the iPhone app but a little bit more difficult to find the Mac version 2.1 Beta. I knew DL was beta testing it but their blog says the beta testing program is full. Maybe they've moved into a more "public beta" period? It would also seem so because the application file was easy to get to once I knew where to look.

Mark

Mark Booth  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2009, 12:20 PM

For those that haven't followed the news... On July 7, the Delicious Library iPhone App was removed from the iTunes App Store. This was done at the request of Wil Shipley but he was forced into doing it by Amazon. According to Amazon, the DL iPhone App violated Delicious Monster's agreement with Amazon.

Fortunately, the DL iPhone App continues to function for those of us that grabbed it while it was available. At least, under DL version 2.1. There is now a DL version 2.2 (beta) out and I'm not sure if the iPhone App will continued to function with 2.2 or not (I've sent a tweet to Wil to ask).

Mark

Scrubelicious
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2009, 03:54 AM

Will the iPhone App return?

faizalokhai
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2009, 04:01 PM

Would someone be able to email me the app, I lost my copy due to a system crash - and did not have a backup.......aaaaaaaaaaargh

Thanks

Scrubelicious
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2009, 04:27 PM

I didn't even knew you can install Application on your iPhone without getting it from iTunes?
If so how and, well maybe someone can pass the App down to me?

agentsarah6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 16, 2009, 11:58 PM

DL 2.2 still seems to allow syncing to the iPhone app for those of us who downloaded it before it was removed from the App Store.

Forum Links
Forum Rules