Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sports™

Sports™ (Page 22)
The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 13, 2016, 11:44 AM

I agree with Shaddim on this one, guys - you can take your liberal safe spaces and triggering words and shove them, this is not a big issue at all!

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 13, 2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Shortcut View Post
I agree with Shaddim on this one, guys - you can take your liberal safe spaces and triggering words and shove them, this is not a big issue at all!
^^ A day late and a dollar short, as they say.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 13, 2016, 04:44 PM

Last night's Monday Night Football game sure sucked but Kevin Harlan's call on the fan rushing the field was pure gold.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 13, 2016, 05:54 PM

Didn't get to see the Raiders game but ol Jack going for 2 to win the game is something I'd love to see more often in the NFL.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 13, 2016, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Last night's Monday Night Football game sure sucked but Kevin Harlan's call on the fan rushing the field was pure gold.
OMG, european soccer fans are laughing their asses off.

It took them how LONG to get that guy ???

-t

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2016, 02:21 AM

The runner was in far better shape than the security guys. Only the players could have caught him at first, and they couldn't be bothered. In fact, many were cheering him on.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 14, 2016, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
OMG, european soccer fans are laughing their asses off.

It took them how LONG to get that guy ???

-t
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
The runner was in far better shape than the security guys. Only the players could have caught him at first, and they couldn't be bothered. In fact, many were cheering him on.
Freaking brilliant.

Watching security chase after that guy makes you realize how fast the players are in comparison.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2016, 06:55 AM

Yup, Lions still suck. SOL are back!

After last week, all those fan boys were buying playoff tickets. Now, back to earth...they are crying in their cereal. It makes me chuckle it really does.

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2016, 08:08 AM

Jimmy's Down!

Too bad, he was absolutely lighting it up (3 TDs in 1st quarter) but this new guy, Beef Brisket, will have to get it done till Brady gets back.

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2016, 10:27 PM

So the Pats are leading the Texans 20-0 behind a rookie 3rd string QB.

Neat fact: The Patriots are 77-0 when leading at halftime at home since Gillette was built.

Edit: 27-0 Final
( Last edited by sek929; Sep 23, 2016 at 12:04 AM. )

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 23, 2016, 12:37 PM

Love how the anti-Pats circle jerk appears when they lose a game or two but there's nothing but deafening silence when they not only win an incredibly improbable game but also shut out their opponent.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2016, 01:23 PM

Aww, you lonely?

Meh, I don't follow the NFL anymore, don't really care. It might catch my interest again during the playoffs, but probably not. With the conferences all gaining parity (except for the very top of the SEC, which is in a class of its own), college football is much more exciting/entertaining.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2016, 11:28 PM

Well, shit.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2016, 05:35 AM

I heard something about the Pats getting blanked by the Bills, sucks for them.

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2016, 11:34 AM

Starting the first quarter of the season 3-1 without your HOF QB, your only game lost at the hands of your injured 3rd string QB and your defense only gives up 16? Yeah that's terrible.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Starting the first quarter of the season 3-1 without your HOF QB, your only game lost at the hands of your injured 3rd string QB and your defense only gives up 16? Yeah that's terrible.
The Pats were lucky it was a bad snap. You could be 2-2
45/47

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2016, 11:48 AM

NFL games are won and lost on a single mistake all the time. Also the last 2-2 start the Pats had I seem to remember them doing okay that year.

starman
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2016, 12:11 PM

I hear they're sending Brady to Florida to deflate Matthew.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2016, 12:38 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootba...48881949491200

Vontaze Burfict, fresh off his 3 game suspension for trying to behead Antonio Brown, once again acted like a dirty little bitch and intentionally tried to injure Patriots running back Legarrette Blount at the tail end of Sunday's game. Naturally as a repeat offender of trying to injure players on purpose he received another sus... oh wait he didn't get suspended, just a fine. That's fair, it's not like stomping on a guys ankles while he's on the ground is comparable to .6 PSI missing from a football from natural causes or anything.

I hope the Bengals go another 25 years without a playoff win thanks to the antics of Burfict and Jones, real classy players.
( Last edited by sek929; Oct 19, 2016 at 06:01 PM. )

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2016, 05:00 PM

To continue with the theme of "The NFL has no idea what the hell it is doing"

This was called a DPI against the Giants, I mean, the Ravens are no strangers to the "Long ball to draw DPI" play-call but this is just ludicrous. Not only is that textbook coverage, it's nearly an INT, yet somehow the Giants were flagged for it. Luckily OBJ did OBJ things and won the game anyways, but the penalties this season have been excruciatingly awful.

Make everything challageable, including DPI and OPI, so the refs can take a second look at some of this horseshit they're calling.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2016, 05:50 PM

I enjoyed Bellicheck's rant, mostly because it was implicitly shitting on MS and the NFLs partnership.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 06:18 PM

To continue with the theme of "The NFL has no idea what the hell it is doing"

This was called a DPI against the Giants, I mean, the Ravens are no strangers to the "Long ball to draw DPI" play-call but this is just ludicrous. Not only is that textbook coverage, it's nearly an INT, yet somehow the Giants were flagged for it. Luckily OBJ did OBJ things and won the game anyways, but the penalties this season have been excruciatingly awful.

Make everything challageable, including DPI and OPI, so the refs can take a second look at some of this horseshit they're calling.
Then there was this non call
45/47

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2016, 06:31 PM

Yep another blatant f-up, without Sherman dragging his arm down Julio makes that catch.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2016, 08:16 PM

Sorry, besson3c. Maybe next year....

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2016, 11:19 AM

Not one but TWO failed chip shot field goals in OT during last nights Seahawks @ Cardinals game, resulting in a 6-6 tie.

Seahawks D is still very, very good but that offensive line....woof.

Steelers made a baffling call on 4th an 2 late in the game yesterday against the Pats, opting for (and missing) a 54 yard FG. Leveon Bell was turning losses into 12 yard gains all day, just a total head scratcher.

The Giants ownership and most of the locker room were well aware of kicker Josh Browns terrible domestic abuse but figured "eh who cares". NFL looks terribly weak on DV yet again and claims that the sherrifs department is lying when they say they contacted league offices over 20 times about assault. Also the incident at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii was swept under the rug.

This is your weekly reminder that the NFL spent 5 million dollars and countless man hours investigating PSI in footballs.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2016, 11:54 AM

That run prior to the missed Cardinals FG should have been reviewed. It looks like he got the ball over the line.
45/47

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2016, 12:07 PM

It was definitely very close, NBC wasn't showing any good angles so I can't say for sure.

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 31, 2016, 05:49 PM

Dildo on the field

Brady's Stat line through the first four games back
98/134, 1,319 Yards, 73.1%, 9.84avg., 12TDs, 0INTs

Last night after the first two possessions

At that point Brady was 5/5 on 3rd down, with both TDs coming on 3rd

Can't wait for him to be 4 games more rested going into the playoffs.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2016, 12:48 AM

Cubbies?
Cubbies.

See y'all in another 108 years....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2016, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Cubbies?
Cubbies.

See y'all in another 108 years....
Back to the Future, one year delayed.
45/47

Thorzdad
Nov 3, 2016, 06:55 AM

So, what's the next big sports dry-spell that has to fall? I'm guessing it's Ray Harroun winning his second Indy 500. It's been 105 years since his first win.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2016, 09:52 AM

45/47

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2016, 06:06 PM

Amazing game, took alot of willpower to stay up once the tarps came out, but I'm glad I did.

P
Nov 3, 2016, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
So, what's the next big sports dry-spell that has to fall? I'm guessing it's Ray Harroun winning his second Indy 500. It's been 105 years since his first win.
NHL has a couple: no Canadian team has won since -93, no final appearances by Toronto Maple Leafs (second most wins of all time) since -67. No century-long droughts, though.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2016, 02:14 AM

45/47

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2016, 07:21 PM

What is going on with the Packers this year? Currently getting spanked at home by the freaking Colts. I am not used to this from Rodgers and CO.

Also, really hope the Raiders vs Denver game tonight is a good one, haven't had a chance to see a Raiders game yet this year but they seem like an exiting, young, and talented team.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2016, 08:02 PM

What is going on with the Packers this year? Currently getting spanked at home by the freaking Colts. I am not used to this from Rodgers and CO.

Also, really hope the Raiders vs Denver game tonight is a good one, haven't had a chance to see a Raiders game yet this year but they seem like an exiting, young, and talented team.
No Clay Matthews?
45/47

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2016, 06:22 PM

After watching last night's game I'm going to say the entire defensive secondary for Green Bay. Rodgers' stats over the last 4 losses are really good, as you'd imagine, but he is getting zero help from his defense. After a 5 minute drive in the 4th for the lead Rodgers sat there and watched his defense give up 7 points in 26 seconds.
------------------

With 11 weeks out of the way the pack of contenders is shaping up.

Right now my pick for the whole shebang would have to be Dallas. Stellar play out of their rookie QB/RB, and an offensive line that continues to be the best unit in the NFL.

NFCE is the strongest division, with even the Redskins looking like a balanced team, Giants are poised for a WC spot and possible post-season insanity run again.

Raiders look damn good on offense. Maybe they'll come to Gillette in January during a snowstorm (sorry stogie)

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 25, 2016, 01:31 AM

Well, they are down to their third string for their secondary. Plus other injuries.

On top, it seems like coaching is not as good as it could be.

Bad year.

Edit; LOL, I see you came to the same conclusion.

-t

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2016, 03:59 AM

Raiders look damn good on offense. Maybe they'll come to Gillette in January during a snowstorm (sorry stogie)
As long as we get the same officiating crew we had in Mexico. Sure, why not?

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Dec 12, 2016, 06:00 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.98b62ea64c4d

So the Giants apparently threw a gauge (which is a violation in and of itself) in a couple Steelers footballs and found out <gasp> that they were below 12.5psi, the magical number of integrity and fairness in the sport of football. Of course this is easily explained by colder weather with the Ideal Gas Law but of course the NFL has taken swift and brutal....oh wait they're doing nothing? So I guess the Patriots will be seeing those draft picks back and a formal apology to Tom Brady right?

My favorite quote from the article
When the Giants tested air pressure on two footballs they captured against the Steelers and reported them to be below the permissible range of 12.5 PSI, league officials should have leaped into action. They should have told Steelers officials, “You’re in big f------ trouble” and then leaked erroneous amateur-hour data that poisoned the public understanding. They should have triggered a massive multimillion-dollar investigation, complete with footnoted junk science, that tarred a future Hall of Famer and resulted in fines, a forfeited draft pick and a four-game suspension. They should have invoked the words “scheme” and “tamper” and “cheating” and “competitive integrity,” even compared the offense to “performance-enhancing drugs.”
She's been all over the bullshit of Ballghazi since day one, but sadly the rest of the sports media, who came in their shorts over the idea of smearing Brady, is eerily silent.

Macadoo confirmed that they did indeed gauge the balls and they were low so what is it NFL? Either we believe the fairy tale of deflategate and assume the Steelers are guilty, and of course punish them thusly, or we admit balls lose a small amount of air pressure in cold-weather games, and return the Patriots draft picks and formally apologize to Tom Brady, and hell why not make that ginger piece of shit Goodell step down in the process.

I guess they'll just treat it like concussions, and sweep it under the rug and shrug their shoulders.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2016, 12:58 AM

Did Ben also destroy his phone in an attempt to obstruct an investigation?

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Dec 13, 2016, 06:18 PM

It was only during the appeal, MONTHS after the initial investigation, that the NFL released the "Brady destroyed phone!!!" headline. Brady provided what Ted Wells considered an "unprecedented amount of cooperation" (his words, not mine) during the initial investigation and once they had what they needed he smashed his phone and bought a new one. I'm sure a wealthy individual such as yourself would appreciate Brady's desire for supreme privacy. Furthermore, Brady's legal team told the NFL they could contact Verizon for a complete record of all the texts that had ben deleted from Brady's phone, after Brady had already surrendered all pertinent messages (that of course could be checked against the two other guys' company phones that WERE already surrendered) but the NFL decided that getting those records was too much work for a 2-year 12 million dollar investigation. Couple this with the half dozen or so times the NFL was caught outright lying and it leaves only the most dyed-in-the-wool Patriot haters still believing the bullshit.

You'd know all this if you cared to pay attention, but I don't blame you.

If you want to know more you can go and read over my dozens of posts on the matter pages back

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 13, 2016, 07:44 PM

Surprised this isn't much of a deal. Simmons hasn't mentioned it on his podcast yet, so if I get through it without a rant, I'm assuming I'm missing something.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2016, 11:00 PM

Yeah, Pats fans have learned all the excuses necessary to wave off all the controversies surrounding the team all these years. They ain't dun nuthin' wrong.

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2016, 09:06 PM

Carr has a broken Fibula, that f**king sucks.

Sorry Crosbie...

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 25, 2016, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Yeah, Pats fans have learned all the excuses necessary to wave off all the controversies surrounding the team all these years. They ain't dun nuthin' wrong.
I just realized that a lot of things would actually be explained if you were Roger Goodell.

There's not really any other way to justify your odd and irrational insistence on this point. I jumped on the hater train as quickly as anyone - as likely evidenced in this thread - but it is now very clear that there is absolutely zero evidence that could support the league's conclusions - Deflategate is probably the most embarrassing and egregious misstep in Goodell's long and glorious career of embarrassing and egregious missteps.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 25, 2016, 06:42 PM

Carr has a broken Fibula, that f**king sucks.

Sorry Crosbie...
I'm bummed we won't be getting a Raiders vs Pats AFC championship rematch this year.

starman
Clinically Insane
Dec 26, 2016, 12:07 AM

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2016, 12:41 PM

Rousey is done.
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules