Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Droid 2 v iPhone 4

Droid 2 v iPhone 4
MelissaRRski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2011, 08:36 AM

After diligent research, I, a Verizon customer, purchased a Droid 2 instead of the iPhone on 2/4/11. MONUMENTAL MISTAKE. I'm in sales and rely heavily on the equipment for updated emails, calendar and phone calls. For the last 3 months, the Droid 2 has had a recurring problem of not updating my emails and calendar appointments. Several times, I had to delete and re-add the corporate sync account and Yahoo account, because it would not update email boxes and often, random appointments (which were on my Outlook calendar) would not show up on the Droid 2 Calendar. I even had Verizon reset the Droid to factory settings once. I usually caught these missing appointments until Tuesday, May 17th, when at 8:50 am, I realized I had missed an 8:30 breakfast meeting. This prospect had even brought a colleague with him to meet me! It was a $50,000 business opportunity for me -LOST because the Droid 2 failed again and did not reflect the appointment on my calendar!!
I spent several hours on the phone with Verizon, my company's tech team, and Motorola. I am out $525.02 (Droid 2 & vehicle charger = $217.96; Droid Vehicle Mount = $43.49; new iPhone to replace the Droid = $215.00; Vehicle charger, cover and screen protectors for iPhone = $48.57) because the Droid 2 failed in such a terrible manner.
I feel that someone (Motorola or Android) should reimburse me the $525.02, especially because its failure cost me potentially $50,000 in business. But all Motorola would offer was a replacement Droid 2, and "I'm sorry you had a problem." Really? If anyone has problems with a piece of equipment of this magnitude, would YOU trust it again? Why would I want another Droid 2 when the first one failed me so terribly?
My iPhone is a much better product. It's much faster on email updates, internet connection and the applications and documents are much clearer than the Droid. Already, I know I can trust the iPhone.
Burned by Droid,
Melissa R.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2011, 01:14 PM

I have a Droid 2 Global, and it sucks. I had to root and then use a custom ROM to get synching stuff to work properly. Nothing ever worked properly the way it came from the factory.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 20, 2011, 01:32 PM

Wow, horrible.

Apple's iOS and iPhones might be locked down and not provide all the bells and whistles Android phones do, but it DOES just work.

-t

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Wow, horrible.

Apple's iOS and iPhones might be locked down and not provide all the bells and whistles Android phones do, but it DOES just work.

-t
Not necessarily true. Just depends on what services you use.

LJW
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2011, 02:28 PM

Droid doesn't.

msuper69
Professional Poster
May 20, 2011, 03:41 PM

droid |droid|
noun
(in science fiction) a robot.
• figurative a person regarded as lifeless or mechanical : she will probably leave you for a sales droid.
• Computing a program that automatically collects information from remote systems.
ORIGIN 1970s: shortening of android .

Yeah, that's what I wanna be.

AccessoryGeeks
Banned
May 24, 2011, 04:04 PM

That is horrible. Why don't you try selling the Droid 2? Or possibly trade the Droid 2 for the iPhone 4. You might have to put down a couple more dollars on top, but you should get rid of it if you are hating the phone that much

dbjork
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2011, 11:46 AM

So you now have two phones? What are you doing with your Droid 2 then? Better sell it or trade it for another Android phone. XD

Forum Links
Forum Rules