Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro Photoshop CS2 Issue

MacBook Pro Photoshop CS2 Issue
Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
May 22, 2006, 11:15 PM

I just got my MacBook Pro for college and already have some issues.

Before getting my Macbook Pro I was using a heavily modded graphite G4 Tower. Considering how old my machine was and the amount files that must be building up inside it I choose to start off clean with my new computer. I installed Microsoft Office 2004 without any issue.

However, when I tried to install Adobe Photoshop CS2 the installer froze. I ran the installer on another computer and it worked fine. Right before the program asks for my serial code and information it freezes.

I know that photoshop won't work as well on the intel chip but i had no idea i wouldn't even be able to install it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

iREZ
Professional Poster
May 22, 2006, 11:21 PM

ive installed cs2 on three intel machines and never experienced this problem, maybe the mbp can't read one of the discs due to a scratch or something :shrug:

just wanted to clarify that not only can cs2 install on intel machines, but it works pretty well considering its running under rosetta.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
May 23, 2006, 08:48 AM

thats odd, i have heard of pirated versions freezing up due to Version Cue, but at start up with a serial number. try an install in safe boot. maybe that will fix the problem.

Caesar2099  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 23, 2006, 04:37 PM

does anyone know if installing it on another computer and then simply transferring the application over would work?

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
May 23, 2006, 05:38 PM

it wouldn't, i tryed to do that with a back up, it opened photoshop, with this weird spacemonke thing for the opening, then said photoshop was missing files and had to be shut down.

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
May 23, 2006, 06:12 PM

Here is your answer.

It is a known issue at Adobe with the latest security and quicktime updates.

If you already have CS2 installed you are fine. If you try to install them after the newer Apple updates you are screwed. Adobe is working with apple to solve this.

My only guess is to revert to a lower OS or try installing it from a PPC machine to the intel drive using target disk mode.

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
May 24, 2006, 10:53 AM

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

qevlar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2006, 02:05 PM

I have just loaded Adobe CS2 suite (newly purchased) onto my new Macbook (after the macbook updated itself with all of Apples latest. I now have gone to update the various software in the Adobe suite and several have troubles updating. When the updater tries to update photoshop I am asked which photoshop I want to update. There is only one version of photoshop on my computer and I cannot click on it when asked this question. Photoshop is greyed out when I get the the appropriate folder.

Any suggestions?

Forum Links
Forum Rules