Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Medal of Honor single player demo

Medal of Honor single player demo
Don Pickett
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 09:39 AM

I'm trying to decide between Medal of Honor and Call of Duty, but I can't seem to find a Medal of Honor single player demo online anywhere. Anyone got a link?
The era of anthropomorphizing hardware is over.

Don Pickett  (op)
Professional Poster
May 19, 2006, 10:49 AM

Hee hee hee. So, that's a resounding "no"?

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
May 23, 2006, 04:48 PM

http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18245

http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=17617

The first one is for Medal of Honor: Breakthrough and the second is Medal of Honor: Spearhead. These are only demo's of the expansion packs, there is no demo for the original game.

But if you're deciding between call of duty and medal of honor i would go with COD. Medal of Honor is a classic but just doesn't come up to par with COD.

However, if I were you I'd wait for Call of Duty 2 which is coming out pretty soon for Mac.

Don Pickett  (op)
Professional Poster
May 24, 2006, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Caesar2099
http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18245

http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=17617

The first one is for Medal of Honor: Breakthrough and the second is Medal of Honor: Spearhead. These are only demo's of the expansion packs, there is no demo for the original game.

But if you're deciding between call of duty and medal of honor i would go with COD. Medal of Honor is a classic but just doesn't come up to par with COD.

However, if I were you I'd wait for Call of Duty 2 which is coming out pretty soon for Mac.
I went ahead and got CoD, and it's fun. My primary worry is that, because it's basically a corridor shooter (albeit a very, very good one) I will get bored with it relatively quickly. I am a big fan of Ghost Recon, which gives you complete freedom as to how and in what order you can accomplish the mission objectives. Does MoH give you more freedom than CoD?

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
May 26, 2006, 11:58 PM

moh gives you less freedom if you ask me, except maybe in the multiplayer. moh did have a much less run and shoot based multiplayer, but is only as fun as the people you're playing with, great game though, i wish i still had it but i'm pretty sure it's stolen

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
May 26, 2006, 11:59 PM

oh and also if you're looking for freedom, i've heard that COD2 has expansive levels that allow you to really choose your own path, unfortunately this is very taxing on even the best mac's

Don Pickett  (op)
Professional Poster
May 27, 2006, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Caesar2099
oh and also if you're looking for freedom, i've heard that COD2 has expansive levels that allow you to really choose your own path, unfortunately this is very taxing on even the best mac's
I checked out the requirements: my machine is the minimum. Guess it's time for the pimped-out video card.

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
May 28, 2006, 07:05 PM

Looks like you already made your choice, have fun with the game! Having played both games, I'd say that CoD runs faster, but MoH seems to have more interactivity -- there's more to do in terms of handling objects, opening doors, etc. CoD is much more on rails that way. Having said that, my order of CoD2 should be shipping from Amazon any day now!

Don Pickett  (op)
Professional Poster
May 28, 2006, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Boochie
Looks like you already made your choice, have fun with the game! Having played both games, I'd say that CoD runs faster, but MoH seems to have more interactivity -- there's more to do in terms of handling objects, opening doors, etc. CoD is much more on rails that way. Having said that, my order of CoD2 should be shipping from Amazon any day now!
I will probably try MoH, too. I don't need to be on the cutting edge of gaming.

Forum Links
Forum Rules