Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Boxed Set Handling

Boxed Set Handling
mpmchugh
Forum Regular
Dec 17, 2007, 04:28 PM

Question: Some boxed sets are totally unique, meaning, their contents are not available separately. Others often are collections of separate movies or albums that are just packaged together with or without special supplemental materials.

Does DL 2 have any facility to alternatively list sets as sets OR their individual albums/movies contained within?

If not, it'd be a nice feature to have implemented somehow. For instance, having an "Expand Sets" toggle feature that let you display and/or search on individual movie/album titles would be useful.

-mpm

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 17, 2007, 06:26 PM

I agree this would be a cool feature. Unfortunately, it's one of those ideas whose usefulness to implementation difficulty ratio has kept it out of Delicious Library 2. It would be an interesting AppleScript to write, though.

Trejkaz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2008, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by mpmchugh View Post
Does DL 2 have any facility to alternatively list sets as sets OR their individual albums/movies contained within?
I suggested this for books a while back, because it would really help to collapse a series of >5 volumes into a single item with a stacked appearance (would use the spine graphic if only we had access to it for every book.) When books get into the 15+ volume range for a single series they start taking up the entire screen if you're still using the bookshelf view.

MikeShayne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 9, 2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Delicious Monster View Post
I agree this would be a cool feature. Unfortunately, it's one of those ideas whose usefulness to implementation difficulty ratio has kept it out of Delicious Library 2. It would be an interesting AppleScript to write, though.
I agree. It's just too difficult to waste time on practical features, when you're so busy making sure things burst into flames when delete them.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2008, 06:28 AM

ohhhh burn!
we don't have time to stop for gas

superadam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by MikeShayne View Post
I agree. It's just too difficult to waste time on practical features, when you're so busy making sure things burst into flames when delete them.
I'll remember to shed a tear for all those poor, unfortunate people who are being forced to buy software they don't find useful enough. Especially since they haven't even used it...

Forum Links
Forum Rules