Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Aapl

Aapl (Page 10)
The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 23, 2013, 12:16 AM

Apple flirted with $387 in the week before the earnings report.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 23, 2013, 10:16 AM

The mainstream media and tech blogosphere is going to go "full retard" after this next earnings report. It isn't talked about much, but Apple has already said they expect to show a slowing of growth for the first time in a long time. The internet is going to explode on the news. Even though you would think that would already be baked into the stock price, we all know it isn't. I fully expect it to tank hard. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the lower 300s.

If you open your windows, you'll be able to hear the sound of millions of crazed android neckbeards fapping feverishly to the news. It's going to sound like a dull distant swarm of locusts but it will be coming from everywhere. Most people will be frightened and confused by the sound, but I'll know what it is. I'll know.

I don't really get it, it's like there is this weird FUD campaign going on that's not really grounded in what's actually happening. For example, I was just listening to TWIT, and Leo Laporte himself called Apple's last quarter "bad". Even though it was actually best quarter ever. The 4th best quarter by any company in the history of companies.

I also don't understand how people can continually harp on their current pace of "innovation". It's always been like this. Some new thing comes out and then it gets small improvements every year. Things move slowly and deliberately. The entire world doesn't get flipped on it's head every other month. It never has. Nothing has changed here.
( Last edited by ort888; Apr 23, 2013 at 05:52 PM. )

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 23, 2013, 05:32 PM

The 2012q4 record profits were gained because the latest and greatest were rushed just in time for the gift-expecting holidays.
Now we had 4 months of no holidays and no new Apple products, unlike up to early 2012.
The gold egg laying hen looks pre-menopausal, but it is just resting from the steroids.

Sealobo
Jul 24, 2013, 10:44 AM

i think the thread deserves a bump today.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 15, 2014, 07:13 AM

( Last edited by mattyb; Apr 15, 2014 at 07:25 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules