Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 14)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2009, 12:44 PM

It's gonna happen, me not playing last night was a fluke.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
It's gonna happen, me not playing last night was a fluke.
IIRC we're both on the same rank, 63, although you have a higher score.

Shall we set a wager? Or rather 2? One for the first to Prestige and the other for the least amount of time to Prestige?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
I doubt it'll replace Team Deathmatch for me, but it's a fun alternative.
Which TDM do you play? The regular one, the mercenaries one, or the express one?

Just wondering if I ever ran into you or have had the chance to.

I tend to stay in the mercenaries one, as it doesn't allow parties or groups to join, which means it doesn't allow clans or groups of experts. I hate when I'm playing against clans or groups as they have the advantage that they've played together more and communicate more, which puts a team of single people at a disadvantage.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
IIRC we're both on the same rank, 63, although you have a higher score.

Shall we set a wager? Or rather 2? One for the first to Prestige and the other for the least amount of time to Prestige?
I see you've done some ranking up since I last played.

I'm betting you will beat me in time played, I'll remain ahead of you in rank, score, wins and prestige first. If I can get in a solid night of TDM with Dakar and boy8cookie I can rocket through the ranks.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 1, 2009, 12:56 PM

I desperately want my old perks back.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2009, 01:00 PM

I see you've done some ranking up since I last played.

I'm betting you will beat me in time played, I'll remain ahead of you in rank, score, wins and prestige first. If I can get in a solid night of TDM with Dakar and boy8cookie I can rocket through the ranks.
We shall see.

Consider that a glove has been thrown down Fatty.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Which TDM do you play? The regular one, the mercenaries one, or the express one?
I'm normally playing express since I have a few classes that I use depending on the map or the situation and almost never change them. I find that express is quicker because of the lack of intermission.

I tend to stay in the mercenaries one, as it doesn't allow parties or groups to join, which means it doesn't allow clans or groups of experts. I hate when I'm playing against clans or groups as they have the advantage that they've played together more and communicate more, which puts a team of single people at a disadvantage.
Now that I've read that I will probably play mercenaries more since, like you, I don't like joining a match and almost everyone has the exact same clan tag. I must've missed -- or misunderstood -- the notes that explained that no parties or groups can join.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 1, 2009, 04:32 PM

I play TDM, but as I pointed out to a friend last night, I'm more than willing to quit any lobby that is dominated by clans or the auto-balancing is ****.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2009, 04:34 PM

Certainly, if I just got spanked by a team and the next match pairs the same guys again I'm backing out, no question about that.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2009, 04:58 PM

I usually give it two games, I like getting the best of an entire "clan" of kiddies. Some of my best games have come against a team comprised completely of [fags]. I'll be on tonight for sure, and for a while.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 1, 2009, 05:06 PM

I love the clans of idiots. Its the main reason why I haven't tried to create a clan on here.

Anyway, define 'tonight'. Your tonight or ours?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2009, 05:33 PM

My hate for clans and groups comes from Halo 3. I have too many terrible memories of a group of all rank 50(or almost 50 which is the highest on Halo 3) or clan members being matched up with a team I'm on, which are all single players, and I end up being the last one on the team left at the end of the game (or the last one to leave because I'm not a quitter), because of the raping. (I hate deserters too)

I haven't had too many games like that, yet, on COD: MW2. But the last time I was in regular TDM I started noticing more clan members and most on the same team. Then I noticed the comment on TDM mercenaries, so I moved over.
( Last edited by Leonard; Dec 1, 2009 at 05:40 PM. )
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I desperately want my old perks back.
You play so much, you'll have them back in no time.

But personally, I'm not sure I would give everything up, for prestige. Does prestige reset accolades, titles and emblems?
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2009, 05:46 PM

Anyway, define 'tonight'. Your tonight or ours?
Yours I guess. I'm gonna try n leave work around 3p my time, so I'll probably be on by about 3:30p which is like 8:30p your time I guess.

You play so much, you'll have them back in no time.

But personally, I'm not sure I would give everything up, for prestige. Does prestige reset accolades, titles and emblems?
It doesn't reset any of the things you listed. It does reset challenges though.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 1, 2009, 11:41 PM

So what do you get for prestige? What happens if you do it a 2nd time or more?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2009, 10:11 AM

I play TDM, but as I pointed out to a friend last night, I'm more than willing to quit any lobby that is dominated by clans or the auto-balancing is ****.
Not being funny, but did you do this when you got your high winning streak? What happens when you join part way through, do you just back out if you see the team losing?

Certainly, if I just got spanked by a team and the next match pairs the same guys again I'm backing out, no question about that.
What about during a game?

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
I usually give it two games, I like getting the best of an entire "clan" of kiddies. Some of my best games have come against a team comprised completely of [fags].
I love the clans of idiots. Its the main reason why I haven't tried to create a clan on here.
My hate for clans and groups comes from Halo 3. I have too many terrible memories of a group of all rank 50(or almost 50 which is the highest on Halo 3) or clan members being matched up with a team I'm on, which are all single players, and I end up being the last one on the team left at the end of the game (or the last one to leave because I'm not a quitter), because of the raping. (I hate deserters too)

I haven't had too many games like that, yet, on COD: MW2. But the last time I was in regular TDM I started noticing more clan members and most on the same team. Then I noticed the comment on TDM mercenaries, so I moved over.
Yeah, I'm tempted to say that the 'bad clan' issue is probably seen more on XBL (or PSN) than it was when CoD had dedicated servers for PC players. As well as administering the game, there was usually something like teamspeak or ventrillo for chatting amongst clan memebrs.
But I do admit that there are alot of sh1tty clans about. I left the one that I was in because the big cheese just shouted throughout a match - not at the players but at the other team, b1tching and moaning about how it was impossible to get killed like that. He also had a tendency to do as the kids do and start commenting on people's names or the sound of their voice when in public matches. Not pleasent. I like the idea of a clan, because it usually goes beyond just playing game X or Y. Having a forum is a big part of a clan, which is of course basically solved by MaccNN's forums for the people who post in this thread.

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
So what do you get for prestige? What happens if you do it a 2nd time or more?
Slots for more classes, a pretty badge and ... PRESTIGE.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 2, 2009, 01:08 PM

Not being funny, but did you do this when you got your high winning streak? What happens when you join part way through, do you just back out if you see the team losing?
My first one maybe, but the 26 was all me and the boyos. No, I never back out of games I'm losing in.

---

I was ****ing awful last night. I miss Ninja soooo much. About the only highlight was stealing that game on Rust after getting shellacked 3 on 6 at the beginning. Too bad I had just earned a Harrier as the game ended. Managed to barely finish positive, though.

Edit: Leveling is taking forever now. Feels harder than when I was in the 60s.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2009, 01:11 PM

I left the one that I was in because the big cheese just shouted throughout a match - not at the players but at the other team, b1tching and moaning about how it was impossible to get killed like that. He also had a tendency to do as the kids do and start commenting on people's names or the sound of their voice when in public matches. Not pleasent.
That reminds me of my good ol' Mac gaming days when I use to play UT2004 on a clan server - I liked the members of the clan and the other people who played on the server (the clan allowed non-clan members on their server). Everybody got to know everybody else and we had some good games and good commanders (people who directed team members on where to go and where the enemy was). We had a person like you were describing that bitched not about the enemy team, but about his own team. I told him a couple times he wasn't helping. But he wasn't always on my team. The server is probably still up and running. They were running a COD4 server too.
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2009, 01:48 PM

I'll never back out during a game, I'm not one of those guys. If I'm getting hammered and my K/D is getting poorer and poorer I'll switch to camping and wait for the match to be done. The only time I'll back out is when I get hammered (always sunny reference) and I see the same guys get teamed up again before the match starts. Either that or I'm 20 seconds into the match and I get a game invite.

Boy8, Dakar and I were probably the people who made others back out of the lobby on our 26 run streak (though I was only around for 23). I'm pretty sure we stayed in the same 'lobby' the whole time and just dominated by pure skill or lackluster opponents.

I have the night to myself tonight, so I'll be on from 6-11 or so, which probably means 12:30...
( Last edited by sek929; Dec 2, 2009 at 02:17 PM. )

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2009, 03:32 PM

Last night was terrible, jeeez. I finally figured out my next weapon to level, so we'll see if I can at least pretend to know what I'm doing next time we play. The iron sights on some of these guns are ridiculous... gah. I may resort to using red dot to level some of these things.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll be around tonight... possibly.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2009, 03:35 PM

My first one maybe, but the 26 was all me and the boyos. No, I never back out of games I'm losing in.
---
I was ****ing awful last night. I miss Ninja soooo much. About the only highlight was stealing that game on Rust after getting shellacked 3 on 6 at the beginning. Too bad I had just earned a Harrier as the game ended. Managed to barely finish positive, though.
So if you're in a party then you stay in the same team? Whatever you guys did, 26 wins in a row is impressive.

Edit: Leveling is taking forever now. Feels harder than when I was in the 60s.
Could this be the completion of challenges, especially the 500 and 750 kill stuff? I'm getting those now around the 63 mark.

That reminds me of my good ol' Mac gaming days when I use to play UT2004 on a clan server - I liked the members of the clan and the other people who played on the server (the clan allowed non-clan members on their server). Everybody got to know everybody else and we had some good games and good commanders (people who directed team members on where to go and where the enemy was). We had a person like you were describing that bitched not about the enemy team, but about his own team. I told him a couple times he wasn't helping. But he wasn't always on my team. The server is probably still up and running. They were running a COD4 server too.
We had a linux server that we rented with enough oomph for 3 different CoD2 games - 16 slots each IIRC. At one time our bolt-action rifle only server was in the top 5 most visited in Europe. We had to have some private slots for clan members to be able to get on because it was so popular. What made it so popular? Well we asked the players that and they replied good admins who keep out the cheaters and who don't ban people for no reason whatsoever. There isn't the same chat system on CoD for the PC as for Xbox so I have a feeling that that helps.

At the end we had a CoD4 server - which I never got to play on because I never got CoD4 running under my bootcamp partition and CoD4 hadn't yet come out for the Mac when I got the Xbox. It was never as popular as the CoD2 servers (CTF and S&D were the other gametypes I think).

The other problem that I've seen happen in clans is the serious/non-serious divide. Some people really get into the strategy side, with training sessions, going through maps etc. I knew of a guy that passed through our clan that was sponsored. Dunno if he was able to quit his day job, but he did get some kit out of it. I don't mind the odd match, but if you end up getting spanked and do no training then you can't really complain can you?

I'll never back out during a game, I'm not one of those guys. If I'm getting hammered and my K/D is getting poorer and poorer I'll switch to camping and wait for the match to be done. The only time I'll back out is when I get hammered (always sunny reference) and I see the same guys get teamed up again before the match starts. Either that or I'm 20 seconds into the match and I get a game invite.
I just cannot sit still and do the strategic thing (some might call it camping). I just think of all the missed kills and the time that I'm wasting not racking up the points. HC has calmed me down a bit, but I'm still the typical runner and gunner (hence the sh1te k/d ratio). I really need to learn the snipers skill.

Boy8, Dakar and I were probably the people who makes others back out of the lobby on our 26 run streak (though I was only around for 23). I'm pretty sure we stayed in the same 'lobby' the whole time and just dominated by pure skill or lackluster opponents.
A 20 kill streak isn't luck. Three very good, co-ordinated players on a 6 or 9 man team can make all the difference. Hell ONE very good player on a 6 man team can make all the difference.

I have the night to myself tonight, so I'll be on from 6-11 or so, which probably means 12:30...
I'll hopefully be able to score enough over the next few hours so that you aren't too far ahead before the weekend.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2009, 04:27 PM

The iron sights on some of these guns are ridiculous... gah. I may resort to using red dot to level some of these things.
Yeah, I think the red dot sight is my favourite sight. Although the ACOG sight on certain rifles is good too. While the heartbeat sensor is useful, it seems to be a distraction too - you have to be careful in using it.

I've almost mastered the M4A1, I just need more headshots and more pentration kills with the FMJ attachment. I've started working on mastering the TAR-21 and I'm mastering the PP2000 as a secondary weapon. Finally got akimbo for it, but not sure if I want to use akimbo.

I figured out my problem with using the sniper rifle. Talk about a noob problem - I was trying to use pressing the right toggle stick to steady he aim. It's pressing the left toggle stick that steadies the aim!?! WTF. You use the right toggle to look, and the left toggle to move, why would they switch things for steadying the aim? Now I can finally hit something. It would help if the enemy wasn't jogging while I'm trying to snipe them, but you can't have everything.
( Last edited by Leonard; Dec 2, 2009 at 04:41 PM. )
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2009, 04:39 PM

Boy8, Dakar and I were probably the people who made others back out of the lobby on our 26 run streak (though I was only around for 23). I'm pretty sure we stayed in the same 'lobby' the whole time and just dominated by pure skill or lackluster opponents.
26 kills! I'm glad if I make 10 or more kills. I've actually made first place on my team a couple of times with 14 kills.

Although my k/d ratio has been moving up, I still need to work on it. I've had some good games recently, get more kills than deaths.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 2, 2009, 04:51 PM

Could this be the completion of challenges, especially the 500 and 750 kill stuff? I'm getting those now around the 63 mark.
Partly. I imagine that 60 was a butterzone because there were so many more challenges, and many more were hitting numbers where they complete.

I really hate the unlock challenges system. I'm fine with locked weapons, but if I killed 5 people with grenades before the challenge unlocks, what you really want me to do is kill 10 people with grenades. If you're trying to pace me, then just bank the damn XP til certain levels are reached.

(The grenade challenge really irritates me because semtex doesn't count even though it doesn't specify frag grenades like other challenges do).

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 2, 2009, 04:53 PM

26 kills!
26 wins.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2009, 06:25 PM

Partly. I imagine that 60 was a butterzone because there were so many more challenges, and many more were hitting numbers where they complete.

I really hate the unlock challenges system. I'm fine with locked weapons, but if I killed 5 people with grenades before the challenge unlocks, what you really want me to do is kill 10 people with grenades. If you're trying to pace me, then just bank the damn XP til certain levels are reached.

(The grenade challenge really irritates me because semtex doesn't count even though it doesn't specify frag grenades like other challenges do).
Frag > Semtex

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 2, 2009, 07:01 PM

Frag > Semtex
The part where you're defenseless for two seconds while cooking them, the part where they're worthless if you throw them quick because everyone can escape, or the part where they're worthless because they keep rolling past people?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2009, 07:02 PM

Frag > Semtex
In a match, throw semtex so that it sticks to someone and watch the result. Its so funny.

EDIT : come on Fatty, make me regret not staying up later by ranking up another 2 levels while I'm sleeping.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2009, 07:12 PM

The part where you're defenseless for two seconds while cooking them, the part where they're worthless if you throw them quick because everyone can escape, or the part where they're worthless because they keep rolling past people?
Unless you stick a semtex, it's not gonna kill anyone who realizes it's there... you can't cook them.

I guess you can force someone to move with a well placed semtex, and then shoot them. I'm just a frag kind of guy, I guess.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2009, 07:28 PM

26 kills! I'm glad if I make 10 or more kills. I've actually made first place on my team a couple of times with 14 kills.
it was 26 straight wins, but the most kills I've ever gotten was around 24 or so, even then my best streak is still 13. Last night we had a match in Afghan and I started 13-0, if it wasn't for my poor choice of places to call in my AC130 I would've had a 17 kill streak.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2009, 07:30 PM

EDIT : come on Fatty, make me regret not staying up later by ranking up another 2 levels while I'm sleeping.
Oh it's gonna happen. I'm 1/3 of the way to 65 right now and I've got quite a bit of 10K XP challenges coming up. I'm almost positive I'll be well into level 66 come the end of tonight.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 2, 2009, 07:34 PM

Unless you stick a semtex, it's not gonna kill anyone who realizes it's there... you can't cook them.

I guess you can force someone to move with a well placed semtex, and then shoot them. I'm just a frag kind of guy, I guess.
You don't need to cook them, the fuse has to be less than half as long.

I'm telling you, my grenade kills have climbed precipitously since I made the change. Hell, I'm more likely to kill multiple people than get a stick.

Trust me, if a car a second away from hitting you suddenly has its alarm go off, the likelihood of that saving you life isn't very good.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2009, 07:47 PM

Frag fuse: 3.5 seconds
Semtex fuse: 2 seconds

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2009, 07:52 PM

Oh it's gonna happen. I'm 1/3 of the way to 65 right now and I've got quite a bit of 10K XP challenges coming up. I'm almost positive I'll be well into level 66 come the end of tonight.
Of course like a d1ck, a quick glance at the Lounge and I get sidetracked by a couple of threads in the Pol/War hole. Don't even know why I bother responding, not like anyone gives a ****.

Friday will be spent looking after my sick son at home, maybe I can catch up a bit. I may even see how I do in some 'normal' TDM - its been a while.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2009, 11:38 PM

it was 26 straight wins, but the most kills I've ever gotten was around 24 or so, even then my best streak is still 13.
Impressive.

Had alot of TDM games time out or lag today. Nothing worse than starting a game, have it go well, and then get dropped out because the server timed out (or whatever it is the message says). I ended up trying out CTF. Not bad. Had more fun than Sabotage. I guess it's because you can camp the flag and get kills gallour.
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2009, 04:19 AM

The other night I was looking at the Global Leader board. Some of the stats are very hard to believe. 1500 wins in a row for example. Amazing how many people fired ONE shot only in their CoD:MW2 online time. Is it just to have 100% accuracy? Some guy on level 53 fired nearly 1000 shots - 100% accuracy. Thats just BS.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 3, 2009, 12:10 PM

Frag fuse: 3.5 seconds
Semtex fuse: 2 seconds
Out of curiosity, where are you getting those numbers from?

---

I have to say, the honeymoon is over. Things have been difficult lately, and I think this is why.

• Three weeks in, I think the casual (read: sucky) player population is starting to drop off dramatically
• Way more people are using the HBS
• I'm definitely in a post run-to-70 slump (slow reflexes, etc.)

---

So I finally found my kryptonite last night, and it is: A run n' gunner with an SMG, Stopping Power on small maps who is decidedly closer to host. Usually this wouldn't be a huge issue, but I still don't have my Ninja class (sob sob sob).

Suffice it to say the last 10 levels a have been so brutal I may be staying at level 70 for a while before the next Prestige (Particularly given that I won't get an another custom class slot til Prestige 3). It should give me a chance to do a few extra challenges too (for the callsign/emblems, rather than the xp).

---

I don't get it. I never really complain about the spawns in the game, but when they go bad, they go bad for an entire game. Last night on Sub Base early on, I commented to sek that the spawns seemed suspect, and by the end of the game we were all pinned because the stupid system had us set-up in an inescapable corner.

---

Speaking of spawn killing Rust came up again last night (Didn't see it for the first week and a half and now it seems it comes up every other night). Another good game. The one corner we were in (which I never spawn at) was actually quite defensible. I was doing fine until the game decided to spawn two dudes right next to me (albeit on the other side of a container not facing me... but that didn't mean much thanks to their HBS...).

So yeah, color me perturbed the last few days.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2009, 12:24 PM

Anybody know how the bonus points are calculated? Or where I can get a list of what points one gets for different things?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 3, 2009, 12:25 PM

Match Bonus is complete voodoo. No one ever figured out how it worked in CoD4.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2009, 12:36 PM

I know that some stuff like a headshot, or a longshot, gets points, but it would be nice to know what else. Does one accolade get more points than another, does staying alive longest have more sway than time spent on your belly etc etc.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 3, 2009, 12:40 PM

Winning and being a higher rank, those are the only things that I can say with certainty increase your Match Bonus.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2009, 12:44 PM

You get a higher bonus due to your rank? No sh1t, I never noticed that. I'm in the doldrums of the 60s atm, feel like I'm treading water. There must be some info somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 3, 2009, 12:46 PM

I was getting Match Bonuses in excess of 3k in the 60s. I'm lucky if I get 1300 xp now.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2009, 12:54 PM

Was that even with say 20 kills?

Without getting a challenge (see I'm learning) I get about 5K a match in total. I get between 10 and 15 kills in HC TDM, but then my k/d ration isn't that good - I wonder if having a better k/d ratio helps the bonus points.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 3, 2009, 01:53 PM

I was having an abysmal night until Dakar signed on, at which time I switched to getting 20+ kills quite frequently. It was nice to finally get some play in with Bogues as well, who impressed me with about a half dozen 20+ kills games.

The Sub Base game was the pinnacle of ass-raping spawns, at one point it was spawning our entire team in the middle of two flanking sets of enemies, and not once, but twice I spawned into a ****ing headshot.

I think my problem with this game is that it takes me while to 'warm up.' When I played from 9pm-6am my best games were from 4am-on. last night, as I mentioned, I was doing terrible for the first several hours, alright for the next couple, and I kicked ass for the last hour and a half of the night. I was even demolishing Dakar's score and K/D on just about every map.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 3, 2009, 01:54 PM

Not hard to demolish my score when I'm having p my worst night of MW2 so far. For a while I didn't think I was going to go positive once the entire night.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2009, 04:30 PM

Seems I didn't miss much.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2009, 11:24 PM

Got the title for Mastery of the M4A1 - all you need is to get all the attachments. Still working on mastering the TAR-21, but I'm beginning to hate the TAR-21. It jumps all over the place. Tried the FAMAS again today. I see why Dakar likes it, nice gun once you get used to the 3-shot action.

Do you get prestige once you get 100% completion on multiplayer? I can't figure out that completion indicator. I'm at 50 something complete. 50 something complete of what, though.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 4, 2009, 11:33 AM

Oddly I'm a 135% completion now. Apparently, instead of playing it like campaign (100% completion once you've done the hardest difficulty) they decided to let you get 1000% completion. Probably because people would whine about maxing at 10% if they never Prestiged.

I gained 5 levels last night. Very good night (Included a 17-0). Coincidentally I don't recall any HBS deaths, even though I didn't have Ninja.

---

I've been more experimental this time round. After the beating I took at the hand of the run n gunners the other night I decided to make my own class. I'm working on an SMG right now , and I boy do they get useless quickly at medium ranges (And, of course, ammo hungry). Still, I may try to master this one. It certainly did its job last night, ripping a few people up (with SP) that I ran into in close quarters.

Speaking of mastery, winding down on the RPD. Been using that more (and the FAMAS less). Its a little rough to use at long range, but I've been loving rocking a silenced one on a few maps (sound hilarious, too).

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2009, 01:27 PM

I need to only play one game type per night, or not mix hardcore and regular.

I played a few hardcore games while waiting for some friends to log on last night and I ended up doing quite well in a few matches.

When my friends logged on they invited me to their TDM games and I was used to HC TDM so I was slowly walking around and didn't fire multiple bursts of my M16. So I kept getting killed when I got the jump on someone but they survived three shots of my M16, only to turn around and kill me.

HC and regular are very different games. I like that there aren't -- or I haven't yet encountered -- people randomly firing grenade launchers or throwing grenades around. I'm assuming this is because there is no map showing where people are whenever they fire, and the possibility of killing your own teammates. I'm enjoying not being killed by random grenade launchers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules