Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Boo Hoo-- Where is My G5? Thread

Boo Hoo-- Where is My G5? Thread
SillyMe
Sep 1, 2003, 06:14 AM

( Last edited by SillyMe; Sep 2, 2003 at 12:07 PM. )

Dyeus
Sep 1, 2003, 07:03 AM

wow, this is the best thread ever........ Can I pout for the simple fact that I can not afford one?

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2003, 07:35 AM

I mad because my 3G iPod is broken. Damn you Apple, why - why -why!!!???
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2003, 08:26 AM

If you want to talk about starving kids in Africa, do it in the Lounge.

Let the whiners complain about their G5s.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

ryarber
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2003, 10:28 AM

It's been almost two weeks since I ordered my G5 with an extra GB of RAM and airport card and I haven't heard anything. I'm so mad.

I've brought apple at least one customer in the last 10 years. Don't they know that? Why must I be expected to get mine after all the people who ordered them during the Stevenote just because I ordered mine 2 months later. It's not fair.

This is the last computer I'll ever buy from apple, well at least for 2 years.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2003, 10:49 AM

hilarious!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

teh tenk
Sep 1, 2003, 10:55 AM

**** that....

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2003, 11:04 AM

I complain about my G5 delay, because I need it now! So I can work faster, make more money, so I can afford a new kidney...
( Last edited by dlefebvre; Sep 1, 2003 at 11:20 AM. )

roders
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2003, 11:31 AM

I have a G5 (1.8, Rad 9600) on Preorder, and would love to cancel the order, and walk into a store to buy one but I can't for two reason's;
1; Cause I ordered a CTO G5 (with Rad 9600Pro) through an Apple reseller (ComputerWarehouse), they will charge me/keep my 10% deposit for this machine (they do this if you cancel any CTO model)
2; Also their offereing a good interest free period which I need to be able to afford the G5!

I've played this game before (bought what I was told was almost, if not the first G4 12" PB to be sold to a consumer in the UK, from a dealer, after cancelling my order from Apple, so I guess some you win, & some you lose

P.S Has ANYONE got one of these things in Europe???

SillyMe  (op)
Sep 1, 2003, 11:47 AM

( Last edited by SillyMe; Sep 2, 2003 at 12:31 PM. )

krassy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2003, 12:29 PM

i'm getting mad that my apple dual 2GHz with 8GB RAM hasn't arrived yet. the reason for that is simply apple pricing this silly new G5 too high for me and million other people to afford one... how in hell do they think they could get more than 1 percent market share with such high prices... and even if i haven't ordered my G5 i'm totally pissed that apple can't ship this thing to me NOW!!!! i think apple will be dead next year and i'll go out and rip off a dell somewhere....

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2003, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by SillyMe:

(...)
Let me tell you jerks something, with starving kids in this world, kids and families with cancer and other REAL problems, families with barely enough money to put food on the table, and poor folks in countries who spend more time worrying about not dying than where their new computer is, I think it is pathetic for you privileged and lucky people, who are fortunate enough to have jobs, income, and/or inheritance, to bellyache about your silly computer being delayed.
(...)
Why don't you go put some of your evidently boundless energy and spare time into some of these real-world problems by joining the Peace Corps and trudging off to Africa, or something?

I'm sorry that you've recently been laid off and can't afford a G5, but this is a Mac discussion board, so (strange as it may seem) people are going to discuss Macs here, not world hunger. Get a grip, seek therapy, serve food at a soup kitchen, or otherwise log out. Thanks!

Oh, to be a mod...

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2003, 01:52 PM

Let me tell you jerks something, with starving kids in this world, kids and families with cancer and other REAL problems, families with barely enough money to put food on the table, and poor folks in countries who spend more time worrying about not dying than where their new computer is, I think it is pathetic for you privileged and lucky people, who are fortunate enough to have jobs, income, and/or inheritance, to bellyache about your silly computer being delayed.
I see where you're coming from, but...

You know, that is really really lame man. EVERYONE has real problems to deal with. You know, in addition to complaining about my delayed G5, I volunteer as a crisis counselor at a suicide hotline for kids, and also donate way more than I can afford to AmFAR.

You're right - I was fortunate to NOT have been born in a third-world country in the middle of some political turmoil; just because I WASN'T doesn't mean I should feel BAD about it.

And something else - how can you care about other countries when the issues you mentioned are all very real here in the US, and in other countries where people are posting from complaining about G5s? These are all 'civilized, first-world' countries. Yet I only have to walk a little bit to find kids without enough food, families without money and homes, people with cancer and AIDS and not enough good social workers to find them to treat them in time.

How can we help other countries when we can't even help ourselves? Especially when you think about the fact that many many third-world countries are in disarray because of their governing body! The goverment taking advantage of it's people! The people of those countries need to try and help themselves - not because of selfishness or political reasons, but because even the US has a limited amount of resources - resources that we should be using to help our OWN people - taking care of homelessness, disease, starving kids, unemployment, the environment, and so forth.

So. I was born in the US. I'm not rich by any means. I'l have no inheritance. I work long days, often 6-7 days a week, and I work very hard. I save my money to purchase something I want - a reward for working my ass off, and a tool to help me do my work. Still - I help those around me, help my community, and help complete strangers. And I'm damn proud to do so.

I have every right in the world to complain about a stupid goddam computer.
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

SillyMe  (op)
Sep 1, 2003, 03:53 PM

( Last edited by SillyMe; Sep 2, 2003 at 12:06 PM. )

SillyMe  (op)
Sep 1, 2003, 04:15 PM

( Last edited by SillyMe; Sep 2, 2003 at 12:06 PM. )

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2003, 04:20 PM

As the World Turns. *hums tune*

Why are people whining about their Media Access Controls?

acadian
Senior User
Sep 1, 2003, 04:37 PM

(That's sarchasm, FYI.)
That's dyslexia.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2003, 06:02 PM

I never said I was laid off.
I know. I just assumed so because of your bitter tone, and the fact that you've got enough free time to construct that post.

I hope the job hunt works out!

(Or maybe your bitterness just comes from being forced to live in Houston.)

CV, an EX Houstonite.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2003, 10:14 PM

Good for you. You get a gold star! This truly means that you are special and can therefore bellyache about your G5 to the rest of the world. You should apply for a job on FoxNews. Congrats, Justin!
And I'm sure I'll get the position, what with my gold star and all! Yippee!
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

juanpacolopez
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2003, 11:54 PM

Good for you. You get a gold star! This truly means that you are special and can therefore bellyache about your G5 to the rest of the world. You should apply for a job on FoxNews. Congrats, Justin!
paging mods...

<FLAMEBAIT>

Alex

G7 Software: home Tetrinet Aqua
-----
"Utopia" 1Ghz TiBook SuperDrive w/ 1Gb RAM.

ryarber
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 2, 2003, 01:02 AM

I would love a job on fox news. My cousin, Shepard Smith, works there and he says it is great. Laurie Dhue is such a babe, and that Kiran Chetry (?sp) just rocks.
( Last edited by ryarber; Sep 2, 2003 at 01:16 AM. )

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2003, 05:47 AM

Fox news ... don't get me started on them. I'm a conservative, and even I find them to be offensive and without credibility.
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

tanhauser
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 2, 2003, 05:56 AM

Shouldn't this be moved to the lounge? Anyone? Mods?

F

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2003, 07:17 AM

From SillyMe's homepage (linked to in his profile):

Right above his resume, "I am currently pursuing new development opportunities._"

Sounds like "unemployed" to me. Did I call it or what? Heh.

Seriously, though, good luck with the job hunt-- I hope you take on a more pleasant tone at the interviews.

Lock, please.

CV

SillyMe  (op)
Sep 2, 2003, 11:50 AM

Nice try, really! You are the reason people should never post anything remotely personal in their profile.

I do contract work, and that website is outdated. I've already started a new contract. But kudos to your intense effort to get any kind of dirt on me. The Republican party could use a guy like you!
( Last edited by SillyMe; Sep 2, 2003 at 12:30 PM. )

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2003, 01:14 PM

Really, if you're going to post here and call people idiots, cry babies, and jerks, you're going to get called on it.

Try being nice, and participating in some good-natured discussion. There's some very helpful, knowledgable folks around here, and we sometimes take umbrage to blanket insults. MacNN is a "community" whether you like it or not, and I'm going to get their backs when they've been good to me.

Houston is a very stressful place to live, though. you aughta get outta there, and move somewhere with a few less "gated communities" and strip malls. And take a deep breath every now and then.

PS my profile's an open book, though my homepage is admittedly awful.

CV

ryarber
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 2, 2003, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
Really, if you're going to post here and call people idiots, cry babies, and jerks, you're going to get called on it.

Try being nice, and participating in some good-natured discussion.
This being nice and constructive is hard for democrats. Cut him some slack.

SillyMe  (op)
Sep 2, 2003, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by chris v:

Try being nice, and participating in some good-natured discussion. There's some very helpful, knowledgable folks around here, and we sometimes take umbrage to blanket insults. MacNN is a "community" whether you like it or not, and I'm going to get their backs when they've been good to me.

Houston is a very stressful place to live, though. you aughta get outta there, and move somewhere with a few less "gated communities" and strip malls. And take a deep breath every now and then.

PS my profile's an open book, though my homepage is admittedly awful.

CV
Yawn! Find the easter egg on my site yet, freak?

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2003, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by ryarber:
My cousin, Shepard Smith, works there and he says it is great.
Imagine my surprise.

Laurie Dhue is such a babe.
I never understood this. She looks like somebody messed-up a collagen lip injection. I think she should sue. I prefer to think of her as "Laurie Don't."

misc
Sep 3, 2003, 11:39 AM

WAHOOOOOOO!

+1

Anyhoo, there are a lot of starving people in the world. Yet, the people that paid for their computers deserve to get their computers when they were promised. They have the right to bitch.

If anyone has a problem with this, contact me directly - My profile has all the necessary information for you to get in touch with me.

Locked!

(Sorry, no cool lockinate image....)
( Last edited by misc; Sep 3, 2003 at 11:45 AM. )

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

Forum Links
Forum Rules