Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > BS Apple preorder...

BS Apple preorder... (Page 2)
aaanorton
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2003, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by nvaughan3:
Do you realize how utterly stupid you sound in the context of what the situation is?
What situation is that? You mean the one where a computer company is selling a computer to a person who wants to buy the computer? Yeah, that's freaky.
Anyway, to answer your question: Nope, but thanks for playing.

idyll
Senior User
Sep 2, 2003, 10:11 PM

I think aaanorton is hilarious. As is everybody who's feeding him, in that regard.

spider610
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2003, 11:03 PM

They know they can get more money by selling us machines earlier and not shipping them, and then selling machines in stores they could have shipped to us!
[/B]
But they don't charge you until they ship.

aaanorton
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2003, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by spider610:
But they don't charge you until they ship.
Yes, yes, but save your breath. Don't fall into the same trap I did! I think you'll find that the bitch-n-moaners here are far less concerned with "factual information" than their own righteous, self centered, imaginary constructs.

redJag
Senior User
Sep 3, 2003, 12:56 AM

Well normally, I would assume norton was just a troll. But really, he has nearly 1,000 posts, so I figured maybe he really meant it. After reading his responses I am once again skeptical.
Travis Sanderson

lenox
Senior User
Sep 3, 2003, 11:16 AM

It's quite easy to get over 1000 posts when all you do is troll every thread that has to do with someone whining.

SomeToast
Senior User
Sep 3, 2003, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by kupan787:
Most of the people that are buying these (I saw them in the Apple Store) don't need it. they could get by with a 1.25 G4, or dual 1.25 G4.
Damn, it seems like most of you hear love to make generalizations about people. I wish I could meet some of you
Thank you for my first hearty laugh of the day.

SillyMe
Sep 3, 2003, 11:40 AM

Hey aaanorton,

There is poetic justice here, though. All of the whiny bitches who complain about their G5 being delayed will have to PAY FOR PANTHER! By the time they get their G5 out of the box and plugged in, 10.3 will be on the shelves. They will have 10.2.7, and no upgrade coupon!

Muhahahahaha. PRICELESS!

osxisfun
Sep 3, 2003, 12:07 PM

that's why i am wating to buy my dual 2 gig. (that and to see if they do a new keyboard) of course what do i know, i'm sure i won't even "need" or "use" all the power of my g5.

<insert sarcastic emoticon here>

Short Circuit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2003, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by SillyMe:
Hey aaanorton,

There is poetic justice here, though. All of the whiny bitches who complain about their G5 being delayed will have to PAY FOR PANTHER! By the time they get their G5 out of the box and plugged in, 10.3 will be on the shelves. They will have 10.2.7, and no upgrade coupon!

Muhahahahaha. PRICELESS!
Why you bastard!

W

aaanorton
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2003, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by lenox:
It's quite easy to get over 1000 posts when all you do is troll every thread that has to do with someone whining.
Well now you're just making an ASS of U, not ME.
( Last edited by aaanorton; Sep 3, 2003 at 02:00 PM. )

aaanorton
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2003, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by SomeToast:
Genius. I can't believe I missed that, so thanks. Just perfect.

aaanorton
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2003, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by redJag:
Well normally, I would assume norton was just a troll. But really, he has nearly 1,000 posts, so I figured maybe he really meant it. After reading his responses I am once again skeptical.
Ah, finally... The ultimate, desperation, hail-mary, end-all comeback for the reality-challenged: He's a troll! Anything to avoid considering the possibility that I may have a valid point. Let alone the fact that I am, in fact, right and that maybe championing cry-babyism was a pretty dim idea to begin with.

billybob128
Senior User
Sep 3, 2003, 05:38 PM

indeed we are all bored of this now he was a cry baby ok we got that (most didnt) so lets go now move on to a better place...

BobK
Forum Regular
Sep 4, 2003, 12:26 AM

I DO!, feel real proud that is....
You need to loosen up.
I was having a little fun breaking your b*lls.

By the way I am on my G5 that I picked up at the store before your preorder. The Apple guy said I could have yours because they hate you.

Macpilot
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2003, 01:04 AM

Are we done yet?

This is the reason I waited till stock for my new Powerbook. Lot's of Apple products have shipped late. My Wallstreet was a month late, and that was 5 years ago.

Why was anyone confident that Apple was going to deliver this time?

Just goes to show how wierdly desirable their products are!
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini

kupan787  (op)
Senior User
Sep 4, 2003, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by SomeToast:
I try, really

But I am not the first, nor the last, to make unfounded generalizations and assumptions.

Originally posted by billybob128:
indeed we are all bored of this now he was a cry baby ok we got that (most didnt) so lets go now move on to a better place...
Why am I a cry-baby? I was in a situation, and delt with it. Sure, I choose to vent (bitch, whine, what ever the **** you want to call it) on a forum. I moved on after my first post, but when you are constantly attcked and berated, you have to post back or people think you just crawled under a rock to cry.

Originally posted by BobK:
By the way I am on my G5 that I picked up at the store before your preorder. The Apple guy said I could have yours because they hate you.
Congrats, I hope it works for you

What is funny is I never once said Apple hates me. You guys made that up, and then run with it like I said it as an argument. Its like Bush claiming Iraq has WMD, and then blowing them to hell....

Originally posted by aaanorton:
Yes, yes, but save your breath. Don't fall into the same trap I did! I think you'll find that the bitch-n-moaners here are far less concerned with "factual information" than their own righteous, self centered, imaginary constructs.
But you dont get it. I wish I coudl be there in person to explain it, because I know you would get it then.

Lets say you have 10 boxes. 10 people preorder machines from you. You know you wont be able to get more boxes for 6 weeks. So instead of shipping those 10 boxes now, and telling people in stores they have to wait, you put the 10 boxes in stores and get money now. You then ship out boxes to preorders as you get more machines 6 weeks later. Now in 6 weeks you have sold 20 boxes. If you didn't put machines in stores, in that same 6 week period you would have only sold 10 boxes. Sure you will sell the boxes in stores after those 6 weeks, but the whole point is Apple chose this route to sell as many machines as possible (to rack up numbers, making the quarter look good, inflate stock prices, whatever).

But lets agree to disagree. This is starting to get tiresome, but I have a feeling you will reply with another attack.

MacsGalor
Senior User
Sep 4, 2003, 09:00 PM

The toys-r-us example was just that, an EXAMPLE. I remember a few years back when my friends mom preordered it for her son for christmas (or his birthday which ever it was). It just isn't right that when you preorder something, that Apple choose to make more money by shipping my machine to the Apple store to go out to Joe Appleuser.
[/B]
You wanna know what I think. I think that if you are dumb enough to preorder when you are that close to an Apple store you deserve it. And in my opinion If by me not getting my machine right away means that someone goes to the store and switches to Macs from Winblows than I am better off. The more money and customers Apple has, the better they can continue producing great products. But you know thats just a thought.

James L
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2003, 10:14 PM

This is hilarious...people making themselves look stupid, as they make fun of people who they think are being stupid.

To the dude who made the original post...you made it. Some people agree, others don't. 'nuff said.

To the people who insist on keeping the debate going by arguing with, or making fun of the original poster...surely you realize all you are doing is making yourself(s) look stupid. So you don't agree with the post. PLEASE tell me you have better things to do with your time then waste it on here engaging a university student in a debate about how mature his post was? If you really don't have anything better to do then it is time to take a look in the mirror and find a hobby!

This thread is sad... So called mature people acting immature as they make fun of a person for posting his opinion.... to what end? Do they feel better, bigger, or more mature to prove thier point?

Mods...shut this thread down! PLEASE!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules