Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Cannot use app store becuase of the itunes bug

Cannot use app store becuase of the itunes bug
kevs
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2017, 09:16 PM

I can't seem to download anything. When it says get, does that not mean free app? Then it says log into itunes to buy.

And even then, I cannot log in, says password is not valid. Is the itunes password the one for my computer or the new one I had to make for icloud?

P
Feb 27, 2017, 06:06 AM

Get means that it is a free app, but you still have to log on. The iTunes password is the one you made for iCloud.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2017, 01:19 PM

Thanks P, this logging on drives me batty, because I have a long complicated password, and the iPhone keyboard is so small. That said, after multiple passes, it still says can't log on, invalid. I get this a lot with itunes and iphone.

I was forced to make a new password for icloud yesterday and am logging on ok to other devices.

Do you find this: issues with itunes/ logging in?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 27, 2017, 02:21 PM

If you made a new password for iCloud yesterday, are you using this password to log onto the iTunes Store?

No, I don't see any issues. I recently changed my iCloud password, as well. Entered the new one everywhere, no problems.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2017, 08:33 PM

I never use the itunes store, EVER. So why am I forced or bothered about it?

I'll test it today, ok on desktop, but iphone has issues. constant nuisance itunes store.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2017, 09:34 PM

P, I was able to log in, but even though the app said GET, itunes foced a log in to Buy, itunes forces me to click to Buy, and then itunes said to make a purchase you have to have proper payment method. I went through it all, and am done. I hope I don't get charged, as it did say GET, after that all I saw was BUY AND CHARGED...

P
Feb 28, 2017, 01:01 PM

Yes, Apple forces a check of credit card info even for free apps. Mostly I think they check that you are located in the country that you say you are. I know that I cannot download a free app from the US store with my Swedish CC info entered, but I can download whatever I want from the Swedish store wherever I am in the world (including behind the Great Firewall in China).
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 28, 2017, 03:06 PM

You don't have to enter credit card info to have an iTunes Store account. They don't make it easy, but it's possible.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204034

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2017, 10:14 PM

Thanks, they did force the issue, and I got through it. Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules