Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > [ANN] GameTrac 1.0.1 - for parents of student athletes & game players

[ANN] GameTrac 1.0.1 - for parents of student athletes & game players
funkboy
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2010, 03:17 AM

GameTrac 1.0.1 helps track young athlete progress over time, or your own progress.

I am the developer, and I think it's honestly a very useful app. I use it every time I go to the gym to track how long I bike, how many reps of weights, etc.

GameTrac is fully customizable - add any activity you want, from swimming to golf, basketball to board games.
I have used it to track the score of a board game played with friends, and then shared the results on Facebook... and got some fun comments from my friends!

Facebook, Twitter, and email sharing are built-in, so you can let your friends know how you are doing on your workout regimen, how your child's team is doing, and even how your child's individual progress is improving over time.

Website: GameTrac for iPhone - Record, measure, improve. Record stats and enhance individual performance. For parents, coaches, and players.
YouTube: YouTube - GameTrac for iPhone screencast
App Store: iTunes Store

It's been very difficult to get some traction for this app - my other app, Car Care, has been fairly successful, but came out at the beginning of the app store. GameTrac just needs to find its market - so maybe you can help!

Here is a code for a free copy: [sorry, already used] , and here is a second one: [A97KJPMLRKFM] If you use either of them, please post in here and I will remove the codes from the post. If you use them, I would really appreciate feedback, either in the app store or in this thread.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the app, and any ideas you have for it! I can explain more ideas and possibilities with it later, once some people on the board here try it out.
( Last edited by funkboy; Mar 2, 2010 at 08:48 PM. )

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2010, 01:17 PM

I used the first code. I'll post some thoughts here tomorrow after I can use it a bit. BTW, I use Car Care to help my parents keep track of their cars. Great app! If you want it to catch some steam, send a promo code over to iLounge and they'll review it as part of their iPhone gems segment. They rarely give perfect reviews, but from just glancing at this app for a few minutes, I think they'd rate it fairly well.

design219
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2010, 09:03 AM

Looks like a good idea. I don't have any young athletes to keep track of, but I'll recommend your app to a couple friends of mine who do. Good luck with sales.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

funkboy  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2010, 10:36 AM

Thanks for the recommendations, design219. It can be useful for yourself, too, if you're in a workout regimen.

Mitchell, thanks for the info. I sent a code to iLounge through this form:
Submit App News | iLounge
Is that the best way to contact them? If you have a better contact, feel free to email me at [email protected]

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2010, 01:27 PM

Well after using this for a few days, I really can't find anything wrong with the app. I love how smoothly it runs though. It feels as snappy as a native app. All the information that goes along with each sport is presented really well; I can tell a lot of work was put into this. And yes, that probably was the best way to contact iLounge.

funkboy  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2010, 03:52 AM

Thanks Mitchell. A positive review on the app store would be very helpful.

I've spent a lot of time trying to make a good experience, and I have a laundry list of new ideas I want to implement... but I first need a few more users!

Did you try the Facebook or Twitter sharing yet?

Forum Links
Forum Rules