Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Problem BOOTING MACOSX

Problem BOOTING MACOSX
livemotion
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2001, 11:23 AM

I'm running MacOSx on the same partition as my Macos9.2.1 System Folder on my dual USB iBook. The build is the 10.0.4 version. When I switch my startup disk to load MacOSX on startup and restart the computer, the normal process followes until the blue screen loads and the white MacOSx window shows on the screen. However, nothing happens afterwards. There is no status bar that show the MacOSx loading. I've had MacOSx installed on my comp for two months now and I've never exp[erienced any problems. The last time, roughly 4 days ago when i booted into macosx, I had no problems. To fix this i had to stareup up my comp rom my macos9 cd and switch the startup folder to be macos 9.

How do I fix it?

Simon

livemotion  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2001, 08:57 PM

I've tried the Command S startup technique and ran all the necessary tests, after restart the same problem occurs and the screen doesn't go any further.

ARENA
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2001, 09:55 PM

If you already booted into Single User Mode and run 'fsck' and still can�t boot into X. You may have messed with some files inside the /System directory and crippled the OS.
I suggest you reinstall from the cd, all the stuff inside your user folder like settings and documents will remain untouched.
You just have to reinstall the 10.04 combo update after installing 10.0

livemotion  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2001, 12:10 AM

I never went exploring into any of the folders or files other then its programs. There's no reason why it shouldn't work. Is there anything else that I can do without having to go through the pain of reinstalling OS X?

Forum Links
Forum Rules