Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Novell Support for OSX

Novell Support for OSX
dawho9
Senior User
Sep 25, 2001, 07:41 PM

I have not seen anything on this yet, but I thought this was really important to alot of people out there.

If you are like me, waiting for support from Novell so OSX can connect to your Novell Servers, they have finally released what we have all been waiting for.

NFAP (Novell Native File Access Pack)

This is loaded on your servers and allows client computers to connect to a Novell file server without the need for a client software (uses the Connect To).

It works really well, I have a copy of it and have loaded it at my test bed at work (work for a school district) and have been using it for a couple of weeks now. (Actually, I have been using it for almost two months through the Beta testing period.)

I suggest anyone interested, take a look at Novell's website
Novell NFAS for more info.

You have to be running E-Directory (NDS 85.0 or greater and NetWare 5.1 or Win2K Server), but like I said. It works great.

Just thought some would like to know,

dw9
- Intel iMac 20' Core Duo - 1GB RAM
- Technology Blog) http://portalxp.org/Web/blogs/rbrynteson/

Forum Links
Forum Rules