Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA�

[ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA� (Page 23)
mbeauche
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2004, 03:26 PM

Stop bumping this thread up anymore? Is there a way I can just have it blocked so I don't hafta see it? Its been so long since the thread made, and the teaser poster had nothing to do with a theme at all...so is BBX OMEGA just a urban legend anyway?

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Fellow2000:
"HumorSense 95 not compatible with PPC systems. Must have Windows 98se or newer installed."

Bummer, you go my hopes up.

EDIT : Oh yea, stop calling me a retard.

zell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2004, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by mbeauche:
Stop bumping this thread up anymore? Is there a way I can just have it blocked so I don't hafta see it? Its been so long since the thread made, and the teaser poster had nothing to do with a theme at all...so is BBX OMEGA just a urban legend anyway?
yes, bbx omega is just an urban legend. I check back here every month or so just to see if there is anything new. i had high hopes for this theme. i wanted to see it. i was excited. its just been pushed back and built up and pushed back more to the point where i dont even care anymore. BBX likes to float balloons. hes notorious for it, i guess this is no exception. heres to being consistent in at leasat one thing bill!

The 5th comment on this thread said it all. it might as well have ended there.

And i know bill is probably going to respond with something like...OH! IM SORRY! for a minute there i forgot i was doing something nice out of the goodness of my heart. go to hell troll...or whatever, but you know what bill? if you cant take critism then maybe you shouldnt have created a thread and built hype (you say you didnt but oh yes you did) about a project that you cant follow through with.

and all the rest of you can go ahead and call me names and stand up for him so you can gain your stupid forum points, but at least i speak my mind...

phillryu
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 04:46 PM

Yes, but urban legends are fake, and Omega is real.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 04:58 PM

You seem angry about something... Maybe you should redirect your anger somewhere else and not a forum of people who really dont care about your personal problems with a man you dont even know. Chill

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2004, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
Yes, but urban legends are fake, and Omega is real.
Idunno... I'm starting to believe it doesn't exist at at all. Like Sasquatch, or the Loch Ness monster....

Every couple of weeks someone will have claimed to see the elusive creature with no actuall proof, theus the legend lives on.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 11, 2004, 05:49 PM

Can we all please just wait for SS 1.5 to be released before we start claiming that BBX is a fabricator of lies?? It's been stated numerous times that in order for the theme to properly work, it needs the feature set of SS 1.5. So let's all chill, wait for SS 1.5, and then see what happens.

Deal?

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
Can we all please just wait for SS 1.5 to be released before we start claiming that BBX is a fabricator of lies?? It's been stated numerous times that in order for the theme to properly work, it needs the feature set of SS 1.5. So let's all chill, wait for SS 1.5, and then see what happens.

Deal?
Amen.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2004, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by zell:
if you cant take critism then maybe you shouldnt have created a thread and built hype (you say you didnt but oh yes you did) about a project that you cant follow through with.
F*ck man, at least try to gather some semblence what the actual deal is before you deem to start preaching at me, please. Until then you can lick me from head to toe, you mouthy do-nothing weasel [sluuuurp]

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 10:36 PM

I haven't seen Omega but am in with Jason and everyone to know it's real and that it's going to be worth the wait.
click one

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2004, 11:00 PM

It's like this:

If SS 1.0 had supported Omega as we had originally planned, it would have come out on the same day, period. I can't really deliver something that has no way of running on anybody's f*cking machine, now can I? ... Jason Harris is a wicked talented guy - but (and he'll tell you this himself if he hasn't already) the feature-projection for SS 1.0 was a wee bit on the ambitious side. I designed Omega around the original SS feature projection - I even came up with some effects he hadn't thought of... these we were going to hard-code into Omega initially and then implement across TP and SS in a future release for other themers to use. Now we're just implementing them for everybody, it takes longer but it's better that way.

Should I have just said 'f*ck it' and released a half-baked, feature-stripped version - just to satisfy the vocal (and ungrateful) few like Zell? Of course not... I didn't waste hundreds of hours on this thing to rush it out just to appease weasels like him. As I've said before, he can lick me (and who the f*ck is this guy, anyways?) ...

Every 'maybe' I've reluctantly given in terms of release dates has only come as the direct result of a 'maybe' given from the other end. But when's the last time you heard a maybe? Nobody's rushing anything anymore - we're all just doing things right the way the ought to be done - so don't expect Omega until I've had SS 1.5 in my grubby little hands for at least a couple of weeks ...

Whether or not anybody believes it, Omega really does exist. As I've said a thousand times, I don't release screenshots because the theme design would be ported and running in some half-assed form on XP within days (and we all know it). I've shown it to a few people I trust - these people have come in here in my defense to tell you they've seen it and it rocks. That's proof enough, and if it isn't for weasels like Zell, then oh f*cking well ...

phillryu
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 11:04 PM

I proclaim this post 1111 as the new beginning for the Omega thread. No whiney posts allowed!

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2004, 11:07 PM

Nevermind.
DigitalRamen sucks.

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2004, 11:08 PM

Well-worth coming back here to see B's replies to you 'tards who are seriously flaming him...there's lots of good-humored jabs (which I have attempted myself) but to expect something when you think it should be ready is so fugging lame.
Why don't you idiots that come here and $hit all over this thread with your crap make a theme yourselves? The tools are there - have at it.

Rock on, Bill. I'm sure we'll all be getting 404 errors when you release this thing...better start getting the mirrors lined up...

SB

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 12, 2004, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
so don't expect Omega until I've had SS 1.5 in my grubby little hands for at least a couple of weeks ...
And BBX WILL have betas so it might not be too long after the final 1.5, though Jason isn't to that point yet. They've got some wicked stuff in the works, though I know very little about Omega it's self.
click one

milhouse
Senior User
Mar 12, 2004, 09:36 AM

I've heard the actual reason that Omega hasn't been released is because test subjects became sterile within 14 seconds of viewing it. One guy even went back in time...

"-Dodge This"

HytestA
Mar 12, 2004, 09:57 AM

I've resisted posting here til now, but i feel I need to, mainly because there is something I just dont understand, correct me if im wrong but we are all mac users here, Now being a mac user for the past 13 years one thing I've come to live with is being patient. We never get things fast (especially games) so why should extreme theming prove different. Let the men involved do what they need to do without being hassled all the time.
One thing i remember seeing a long time ago was a slogan for a Custom CarInterior retrimmers which read 'The impossible we can do, Miracles may take a bit longer", I think thats a valid point.
I patiently await the arrival of Omega. I'd much rather have a clean, and ready version of this theme than some half-arsed quickly knocked out version produced for the impatient few.

just my 5p worth
...ill get my coat

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2004, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by milhouse:
I've heard the actual reason that Omega hasn't been released is because test subjects became sterile within 14 seconds of viewing it. One guy even went back in time...

Yes. much like BATTLING SEIZURE ROBOTS

mrtew
Professional Poster
Mar 12, 2004, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by HytestA:
I'd much rather have a clean, and ready version of this theme than some half-arsed quickly knocked out version produced for the impatient few.

I hear that comment all the time on this thread but I feel exactly the opposite. I'd rather have a some half-arsed quickly knocked out version and get the good one later when it's ready. But I have a very stong feeling that it's not going to happen. Hey BBX... how about releasing that other theme that you used to talk about while you are waiting for SS1.5??? You know... Mirai or something like that? Surely that one doesn't require the new features! What say?

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 12, 2004, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by mrtew:
I hear that comment all the time on this thread but I feel exactly the opposite. I'd rather have a some half-arsed quickly knocked out version and get the good one later when it's ready. But I have a very stong feeling that it's not going to happen. Hey BBX... how about releasing that other theme that you used to talk about while you are waiting for SS1.5??? You know... Mirai or something like that? Surely that one doesn't require the new features! What say?
Somehow I think Mirai will also need 1.5...
click one

zell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2004, 08:56 PM

It's like this:

If SS 1.0 had supported Omega as we had originally planned, it would have come out on the same day, period. I can't really deliver something that has no way of running on anybody's f*cking machine, now can I? ... Jason Harris is a wicked talented guy - but (and he'll tell you this himself if he hasn't already) the feature-projection for SS 1.0 was a wee bit on the ambitious side. I designed Omega around the original SS feature projection - I even came up with some effects he hadn't thought of... these we were going to hard-code into Omega initially and then implement across TP and SS in a future release for other themers to use. Now we're just implementing them for everybody, it takes longer but it's better that way.

Should I have just said 'f*ck it' and released a half-baked, feature-stripped version - just to satisfy the vocal (and ungrateful) few like Zell? Of course not... I didn't waste hundreds of hours on this thing to rush it out just to appease weasels like him. As I've said before, he can lick me (and who the f*ck is this guy, anyways?) ...

Every 'maybe' I've reluctantly given in terms of release dates has only come as the direct result of a 'maybe' given from the other end. But when's the last time you heard a maybe? Nobody's rushing anything anymore - we're all just doing things right the way the ought to be done - so don't expect Omega until I've had SS 1.5 in my grubby little hands for at least a couple of weeks ...

Whether or not anybody believes it, Omega really does exist. As I've said a thousand times, I don't release screenshots because the theme design would be ported and running in some half-assed form on XP within days (and we all know it). I've shown it to a few people I trust - these people have come in here in my defense to tell you they've seen it and it rocks. That's proof enough, and if it isn't for weasels like Zell, then oh f*cking well ...
im sorry

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2004, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by zell:
im sorry
No problem Peace.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 13, 2004, 10:56 AM

So does it cure cancer yet?

orangep0ny
Forum Regular
Mar 13, 2004, 12:55 PM

i say post screenies and let there be a windows port, when your windows version comes out the other will cease to exist. yea!!

orangep0ny
Forum Regular
Mar 13, 2004, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
So does it cure cancer yet?
that's SS 2.0

quandarry
Mar 13, 2004, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by Fellow2000:
ooh ya, good idae retard.
"ooh ya" baby talk?

"idae" what the hell is that?

"retard" is a word used only by people who cannot insult someone intelligently so by

their very own nature are giving up the fact that they are in fact the mentally challenged

one.

just trying to make your day brighter...now go back to sucking the nipple on that bottle

of mercury flavoured teet juice or that thumb that you enjoy so much.

zell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2004, 03:08 PM

No problem Peace.
dude, i really was being a jerk. i mean i was half kidding around with all that, but still, you dont need my sh*t. i was just trying to get the thread going. it was wrong of me. theme on bill

Groovy
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2004, 08:31 PM

A truly great themer would not need to lean on a third party hack right? IMHO the
best themers are the ones that make great themes WITHOUT the need for SS or other
hacks that make you go " WOW even with the limitations apple put on you that kicks butt!"

Now this brings me to OMEGA . When it is released and it will be released I have
no doubt, I'm sure it will be awesome because bbx as far as I can tell is a darn good
artist and I love his style. That being said he has one HUGE advantage and that is
access to SS beta. His theme will come out and it will WOW everyone because it
does things no else's theme does. My problem though relates to what I said above
though. bbx is leaning on SS and will be first out of the gate with SS 1.5 features
because he is the first to have access to those nifty features. I bet if everyone had access
to the beta SS features then others could also do some cool things OMEGA is gonna do.
A few months after SS 1.5 is out other themes will also do the same stuff so for me it
still comes down to the basics which are IMHO, the art and day to day theme usability
and not special placement and animation of widgets and who knows what else SS 1.5
will bring.

The above of course is just my humble opinion and NO I am not a great themer
but I know what is a good theme when i see use one

mrtew
Professional Poster
Mar 13, 2004, 09:54 PM

Well the reason that BBX is getting to use the new features of SS first is because he is helping to invent them. His ideas are what Jason is trying to program into SS so it figures that his theme will be the first to use them. What I'm saying is that it's just a plan, not a conspiracy! :-]

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Mar 13, 2004, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
.now go back to sucking the nipple on that bottle

of mercury flavoured teet juice or that thumb that you enjoy so much.
Thank you for the first chuckle of my day!

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Mar 13, 2004, 11:16 PM

Originally posted by Groovy:
A truly great themer would not need to lean on a third party hack right? IMHO the
best themers are the ones that make great themes WITHOUT the need for SS or other
hacks that make you go " WOW even with the limitations apple put on you that kicks butt!"

Now this brings me to OMEGA . When it is released and it will be released I have
no doubt, I'm sure it will be awesome because bbx as far as I can tell is a darn good
artist and I love his style. That being said he has one HUGE advantage and that is
access to SS beta. His theme will come out and it will WOW everyone because it
does things no else's theme does. My problem though relates to what I said above
though. bbx is leaning on SS and will be first out of the gate with SS 1.5 features
because he is the first to have access to those nifty features. I bet if everyone had access
to the beta SS features then others could also do some cool things OMEGA is gonna do.
A few months after SS 1.5 is out other themes will also do the same stuff so for me it
still comes down to the basics which are IMHO, the art and day to day theme usability
and not special placement and animation of widgets and who knows what else SS 1.5
will bring.

The above of course is just my humble opinion and NO I am not a great themer
but I know what is a good theme when i see use one
AFAIK all theming on OSX is accomplished by third party hacks... I do see your point, but it sounds to me as though SS1.5 is being driven by the artistic requirements of bbx, not the other way around.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 14, 2004, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by Catfish_Man:
AFAIK all theming on OSX is accomplished by third party hacks... I do see your point, but it sounds to me as though SS1.5 is being driven by the artistic requirements of bbx, not the other way around.
dude, you could theme with a resource editor like resourcerer or hex edit, thing is that themepark makes it a hell of a lot easier and ss allows things that are damn hard to do otherwise, but to say that all theming is only possible with third party apps is a little bogus.

oh, and omega will most likely kick ass whether you want to call it a theme or not because ss/tp were tailor made for it.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2004, 06:35 PM

That's not true - there are some limitations in OSX that limit a lot of what can be done with certain elements and regions... everybody will appreciate the effects we're trying to introduce with 1.5. The stuff I'm waiting for in 1.5 doesn't just lend itself to Omega, we're looking at making the possibilities very broad... I'm sure it's stuff that will eventually show up in long-running themes you use already. I honestly don't see why anybody should object to my pushing Jason to expand the possibilities for all themers. :/

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Mar 14, 2004, 06:41 PM

That's not true - there are some limitations in OSX that limit a lot of what can be done with certain elements and regions... everybody will appreciate the effects we're trying to introduce with 1.5. The stuff I'm waiting for in 1.5 doesn't just lend itself to Omega, we're looking at making the possibilities very broad... I'm sure it's stuff that will eventually show up in long-running themes you use already. I honestly don't see why anybody should object to my pushing Jason to expand the possibilities for all themers. :/
That's actually what I meant, to a certain extent. I was just trying to say it wasn't a case of the technology driving the artwork, but the other way around.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2004, 10:34 AM

That's actually what I meant, to a certain extent. I was just trying to say it wasn't a case of the technology driving the artwork, but the other way around.
True And that's what we should all be wanting... just look at how much more diverse and interesting themes have become with the limited new effects SS has brought in. I personally won't stop harassing Jason until it becomes as freeform and limit-free as possible

Dave-o�
Senior User
Mar 15, 2004, 11:09 AM

Thank you for taking the time to help bring Shape Shifter to the forefront of the Mac GUI community, i for one salute your efforts!

smeger
Mac Elite
Mar 15, 2004, 11:10 AM

True And that's what we should all be wanting... just look at how much more diverse and interesting themes have become with the limited new effects SS has brought in. I personally won't stop harassing Jason until it becomes as freeform and limit-free as possible
Works for me.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 16, 2004, 01:19 PM

Just so no one else does it:

"Shapeshifter 1.2 is out!!!!!!!11!!11!!11 WHERES OMEGA?!1/!!/!?!?"

There. Move along.

-Owl

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 16, 2004, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by OwlBoy:

There. Move along.

-Owl
+1 of the year!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by OwlBoy:

There. Move along.

-Owl
One step closer. Not quite there.
click one

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2004, 06:03 PM

God, come on. This is insane. Its taken ages for 1.2, the most pathetic excuse for an update I've ever seen, to hit us and we still have to wait for 1.5? Please tell me there will be no 1.3 and 1.4 and god knows what between?

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2004, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by Tulkas:
God, come on. This is insane. Its taken ages for 1.2, the most pathetic excuse for an update I've ever seen, to hit us and we still have to wait for 1.5? Please tell me there will be no 1.3 and 1.4 and god knows what between?
I hear that 1.2.1 will be out within a month! :-]

phillryu
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 09:42 PM

Dude, what are you talking about? 1.2 rocks!

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2004, 09:46 PM

sorry. you're wrong.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
Dude, what are you talking about? 1.2 rocks!
Ya, what planet are you from? 1.2 kicks ass! And it puts Safari Icon, and that iChat skinner out of biz.
click one

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 09:57 PM

Tulkas, definitely is wrong, there is no doubt in that, however, when will we see SS doing this to iTunes...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by Holigen:
Tulkas, definitely is wrong, there is no doubt in that, however, when will we see SS doing this to iTunes...
It can already, someone just needs to make a template for it, and well Max has already. SS can skin any app that uses images now.
click one

quandarry
Mar 16, 2004, 10:04 PM

well i don't really care about omega cuz black themes just don't make the grade

on mac os x [even with eventual ss support] but ss 1.2 has metal texture support

and that is important and 1.5 or whatever will be even greater because of the

smeger/bbx colaboration.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 10:08 PM

Very cool NS!!!

However, it is difficult to skin iTunes anyways. You probably know of the limitations, if not look at the iStyle thread that I just posted on. Oh well...

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 10:11 PM

edit: i type too slow, i don't have anything new to say.
DigitalRamen sucks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules