Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lost Season 3

Lost Season 3 (Page 5)
Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
CBS should use that at the end of every Lost promo from here on out.
Why would CBS use it?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gankdawg View Post
Why would CBS use it?
Err, ABC. Whatevah. I always get those 2 networks confused. I don't know why, but I've always mixed those two up.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2007, 04:41 PM

Rumors are flying that Dominic has been told he won't be in the next season, too, so he'll be a goner. Also, some of his recent interviews have been kind of hinting at this, too, just going by the way he's talking about the future of his character.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Railroader
Banned
Mar 2, 2007, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
Rumors are flying that Dominic has been told he won't be in the next season, too, so he'll be a goner. Also, some of his recent interviews have been kind of hinting at this, too, just going by the way he's talking about the future of his character.
This is why I don't read entertainment news (and why I shouldn't read this thread!) I don't mind reading the occasional spoiler, but this kind of info is the ultimate spoiler.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2007, 08:48 PM

Seriously, that's what the spoiler tags were invented for.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Railroader
Banned
Mar 2, 2007, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Seriously, that's what the spoiler tags were invented for.
Exactly.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2007, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
I was hoping they wouldn't get it to start and both Charley and Hurley crashed into the rocks and died. THAT would've been both shocking and awesome.
I didn't get why they had to get it to start in order to be able to steer around the rocks ...

Railroader
Banned
Mar 2, 2007, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I didn't get why they had to get it to start in order to be able to steer around the rocks ...
I was thinking the same thing. Also why they had to go so fast. I push started quite a few cars in my life and you don't have to go that fast, just enough to turn the engine over.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2007, 10:00 PM

I was also expecting that beer can rolling through the bushes to reveal some major part of the plot ... not a hill.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2007, 12:37 AM

Bump to the top. Interesting about the patch-eye man but of course more questions. Why more flashbacks for Sayid? All just for the cat?

At least next week it sounds like we might get some info.

One thing that I don't think has bee mentioned is how many commercials Lost has. It feels like we get 5 minutes of show and then 5 minutes of commercials. Definitely doesn't feel like the average of 44 minutes of show per hour.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2007, 08:40 AM

At least next week it sounds like we might get some info.

Sounds like a broken record.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

andi*pandi
Mar 9, 2007, 01:01 PM

I liked last night's ep, finally some action. Locke seemed stupider than usual however to leave the prisoner alone, get captured, and trust another fricking button. Maybe he's going thru button withdrawal. The hurley ep was ok, fluffy, but I too expected him to drive the van through the bushes into the Other camp. A cornfield would have been cool.

Still no explanation as to how, if sayid and locke etc have been hiking for 2 days and not found the other camp, how did Ethan manage to get from camp to the crash site within an hour? Vehicle? Tunnel? air-matter transport?

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2007, 01:40 PM

I see it as they are going North because of Mr. Eko's stick. They've been going North for two days, but that doesn't mean that the Other's camp is North. Actually, I think the Other's camp is quite far away from One Eye's hut since they let him live there away from them.

My DVR only caught the first bit of "next week on LOST", but what I saw looks interesting.

How many more episodes are there of the season?

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2007, 01:43 PM

I liked that last episode a lot as well. Locke should have just shot the guy in the knees... THEN went and played chess. It was important that he did play chess because we found out the real task of the computer was communication to the mainland and other stations. Also we know Dharma and 'the others' are pretty much enemies of each other. Interesting that Dharma is willing to kill people to protect whatever it is they do.

I'd say Ethan got back and forth via tunnel. Might explain why they tend to just pop up at random all over the island.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2007, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
How many more episodes are there of the season?
Should be 7 more episodes left. If you need episode listings, this might be helpful.

Lost Episode List

andi*pandi
Mar 9, 2007, 01:45 PM

I really liked Sayid's "there has to be another person here, because the horse's saddle stirrups are adjusted for a much shorter person" comment, however when the black woman showed up, she was pretty tall too, so I kept expecting someone else to pop up.

Unless maybe the Others just don't know how to adjust stirrups.

tiffer17
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2007, 01:59 PM

Should be 7 more episodes left. If you need episode listings, this might be helpful.

Lost Episode List
Actually, there will be 11 more episodes. We just got episode 11, and there are 22 episodes scheduled this season. That site just lists episodes that have been officially given titles.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2007, 10:40 PM

I liked the 11th episode of this season. It seems we are scaling up for a major confrontation between the Others and the castaways.. not a final confronation - that's something I'd expect for season 4.

I don't know how many seasons this show will last, but at least one more. Probably two.

I may have said it before, but this season has had a terribly slow start. Way too much time and effort was spent in the 'zoo' where Jack and co were held and it lost contact with the rest of the characters. Now it is picking up, but episode 11 should have been episode 2.

I can only assume the entire series has been written and filmed before the season starts, but sometimes I wonder..

A show that drags on and never ends isn't all that bad. It is entertainment once a week. As long as it holds one's interest, why not watch it?

(two good reasons actually: those remarkably annoying new characters that showed up all of a sudden in season 3 -- you know that guy and a girl)

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 11, 2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
I don't know how many seasons this show will last, but at least one more. Probably two.
Not if this ratings slump doesn't pick up...

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Mar 12, 2007, 08:39 AM

Why more flashbacks for Sayid? All just for the cat?
Possibly to explain why he didn't choose to kill the guy.

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
Also we know Dharma and 'the others' are pretty much enemies of each other.
I'm not sure that's a given. The others may well be the Dharma people.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 10:59 AM

the fact that

was utterly ridiculous, really killed the episode.
we don't have time to stop for gas

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 12, 2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
the fact that

was utterly ridiculous, really killed the episode.
Meh it really doesn't matter. Locke is stupid enough to do such a thing. I didn't expect any less of him.

V

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Mar 12, 2007, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
I'm not sure that's a given. The others may well be the Dharma people.
Dharma or not, they are enemies, no doubt though. I did notice during the Juliet flashback that when she had the equipment at her sisters house doing experiments it had a Dharma logo on it. So they might have been part of the same company at some point but they are enemies now for sure. You don't set up a building with C4 to blow up everyone if its 'compromised' if you are on the same side, I'm sure we all can agree.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 11:43 AM

Anyone else think Sayid's flashbacks now make absolutely no sense given previous seasons' events?

Yeap.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 12, 2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Anyone else think Sayid's flashbacks now make absolutely no sense given previous seasons' events?

Yeap.

greg
No, Sayid's flashbacks seem fine..? Why pose the leading question?

V

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 12:43 PM

I enjoyed this episode. It was much much more interesting than any other this season. Maybe its because I like Sayid as a character. He kicks ass. And has anyone else noticed that he's always been right when he offers his theories on things? I can't recall when he has said something and it turned out to be false.

Anyways, I'm glad they brought back the eyepatch dude. It was one of those things that was frustrating me, since they showed 1 second of him and it seemed important, then never said a thing about him again.

So one question I have is, what were those 2 trying to hide? What would be so important and secret that the eyepatch dude is willing to kill that woman (as well as her willing to be killed)? I may have missed that detail.

And what's going on with Locke these days? He used to be pretty cautious but now he's making really dumb decisions. I know he couldn't have known about the explosives rigged to blow the place up, but why would he be so foolish as to push buttons without knowing whats going on? Especially after his love affair with the hatch computer. He is getting to be a nuisance.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
No, Sayid's flashbacks seem fine..? Why pose the leading question?

V
No? You don't think all the previous bit about torturing prisoners and all that jazz seems a little weird given the new developments?

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 12, 2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
No? You don't think all the previous bit about torturing prisoners and all that jazz seems a little weird given the new developments?

greg
No.. why another leading question?

V

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 12, 2007, 01:11 PM

And what's going on with Locke these days? He used to be pretty cautious but now he's making really dumb decisions. I know he couldn't have known about the explosives rigged to blow the place up, but why would he be so foolish as to push buttons without knowing whats going on? Especially after his love affair with the hatch computer. He is getting to be a nuisance.
We still don't know if he necessarily did something bad by blowing up the flame. Obviously the flame was rigged to blow if the other's compromised it for some reason, and we know the others didn't want him playing with that computer. While it was a shame they lost all those records, maybe it's better that the flame isn't left in the hands of the others.

And I'm sure there is a backup location for communicating with the outside world. I can't believe they'd build only one communications center without a backup.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 12, 2007, 01:13 PM

I enjoyed this episode. It was much much more interesting than any other this season. Maybe its because I like Sayid as a character. He kicks ass. And has anyone else noticed that he's always been right when he offers his theories on things? I can't recall when he has said something and it turned out to be false.
I agree with this. Sayid is the only truly dark hero around. He dances with darkness. I like.

V

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 01:21 PM

Oh, and didn't Sayid take an operations manual from the record books before the place blew? I know he picked it up, but I don't know if he put it in a bag or something. If he did, I'm sure it will come in quite handy later on.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 01:55 PM

Yes, the binder is what he was looking at when he explained how they could now take Eyepatch to the barracks.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
Yes, the binder is what he was looking at when he explained how they could now take Eyepatch to the barracks.
Ah yes, I remember that now.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Mar 12, 2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
We still don't know if he necessarily did something bad by blowing up the flame. Obviously the flame was rigged to blow if the other's compromised it for some reason, and we know the others didn't want him playing with that computer. While it was a shame they lost all those records, maybe it's better that the flame isn't left in the hands of the others.

And I'm sure there is a backup location for communicating with the outside world. I can't believe they'd build only one communications center without a backup.
Eh? They lost all of the cows. They rejoiced in really old, flat beer. Some fresh steaks would have been great!

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 02:22 PM

Eh? They lost all of the cows. They rejoiced in really old, flat beer. Some fresh steaks would have been great!
Yeah, I would think that they would have really enjoyed all of those little creature comforts that "The Flame" had to offer. Ice, couches, electricity to the island, etc. Bottom line is that Locke was dumb to be pressing buttons with no info on what it would do. He didn't learn anything from the hatch incident.

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Mar 12, 2007, 05:42 PM

I can't recall when he has said something and it turned out to be false.
Agreed, he tends to be much wiser on the theories, especially than Locke. Although, Sayid did think there was a geothermal generator behind the sealed off walls in the swan station last season.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by awaspaas View Post
Agreed, he tends to be much wiser on the theories, especially than Locke. Although, Sayid did think there was a geothermal generator behind the sealed off walls in the swan station last season.
Good point, I didn't remember that one. He seems to be very adept at seeing who people really are. He knew Henry was an Other, he knew Eyepatch was an Other and that he had company.

On another note, isn't Charlie still set up to die? I'm still waiting on that episode.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Mar 12, 2007, 06:07 PM

Bottom line is that Locke was dumb to be pressing buttons with no info on what it would do. He didn't learn anything from the hatch incident.
I think that's easy to say as a viewer, since we were shown the C4 ahead of time. Locke, on the other hand, had tried satellite, which failed, then tried sonar, which failed. He may have believed the last resort would have been yet another form of communication.

Besides, Locke is idealistic and a believer. He wants to believe in the mystery of the island and wants to pursue that mystery.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2007, 06:11 PM

I think that's easy to say as a viewer, since we were shown the C4 ahead of time. Locke, on the other hand, had tried satellite, which failed, then tried sonar, which failed. He may have believed the last resort would have been yet another form of communication.

Besides, Locke is idealistic and a believer. He wants to believe in the mystery of the island and wants to pursue that mystery.
You got a point there. I guess the practical side of me was just mad at him for losing all of that good stuff. But I see where you're coming from, he definitely is more concerned with fate and letting things happen as they will.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Mar 14, 2007, 10:28 PM

Best line so far:

Originally Posted by Locke
Sorry.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Mar 14, 2007, 11:14 PM

Par Avion was another great episode. They did a good camp story, adventure story, and flashback. I would have liked another camp story and more Danielle, but I liked it. This show is on a upswing just like when Henry Gale showed up last season. Can you say "propelling towards the end of the season?"

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 14, 2007, 11:28 PM

Things are finally starting to get interesting. Good episode!

Railroader
Banned
Mar 15, 2007, 01:30 AM

Huge flaw: Claire works as a piercer and doesn't have a HUGE amount of piercings herself?!?! This goes against every law of man that I know. This show is just pure folly from here on out.

I kid. I am drawn back in, after doubting why I wasted time watching Sawyer push buttons to get food, for what seemed like months.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 15, 2007, 02:26 AM

Nice, an episode that isn't cold and lifeless. And it was a Claire-and-Charlie episode. Whodathunkit?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Demonhood
Administrator
Mar 15, 2007, 02:54 AM

a definite improvement. and i liked Claire better with the dark hair.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 15, 2007, 03:11 AM

I liked Claire better with the dark hair too, but quite frankly, I don't think they could give Emilie de Ravin a worse hairdo than she has now. I still think she's way cute, but…seriously, what is the hair and makeup department thinking?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
I liked Claire better with the dark hair too, but quite frankly, I don't think they could give Emilie de Ravin a worse hairdo than she has now. I still think she's way cute, but…seriously, what is the hair and makeup department thinking?
That they've been marooned on an island for 80 days and want to make the cast look like it?

This is the first episode all season that hasn't totally sucked. Maybe things are looking up for Lost...

andi*pandi
Mar 15, 2007, 10:59 AM

it was good to finally have them close some plot holes that we've all been wondering about. Now, however, claire doesn't know her father's name... sawyer has met him and knows it... anna lucia drove dad to see who we thought was claire's mother but now know it must have been the aunt yelling... how long til jack finds out he has a sister?

and next we find out how locke got into that fricking wheelchair.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
and next we find out how locke got into that fricking wheelchair.
Or, at least, they want us to THINK we find that out. Cuz how many times have they hinted at answers coming only to provide nothing?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Mar 15, 2007, 04:48 PM

Claire is boring. Kill her off already.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules