Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lost Season 3

Lost Season 3 (Page 6)
andi*pandi
Mar 15, 2007, 05:13 PM

I wouldn't say boring, but she was being a whiny bitch to charlie. Which, given how annoying charlie is I wouldn't mind, except it was irrational of her.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 15, 2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
That they've been marooned on an island for 80 days and want to make the cast look like it?
Being marooned on an island gives you an ugly perm?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 15, 2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Huge flaw: Claire works as a piercer and doesn't have a HUGE amount of piercings herself?!?! This goes against every law of man that I know. This show is just pure folly from here on out.
My peeve with that scene was that she works in a tattoo and piercing parlor but she is using a piercing gun?!

I liked the part where they saw Jack having fun with the Others. I hope he stays with them. I don't know why, but I think it'd be cool if he becomes one of them.

Next week's episode looks good. I hope they actually come through and tell us how Locke got into the wheelchair.

Railroader
Banned
Mar 15, 2007, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
My peeve with that scene was that she works in a tattoo and piercing parlor but she is using a piercing gun?!

I liked the part where they saw Jack having fun with the Others. I hope he stays with them. I don't know why, but I think it'd be cool if he becomes one of them.

Next week's episode looks good. I hope they actually come through and tell us how Locke got into the wheelchair.
Good point regarding the piercing gun.

Anyone want to place bets that Jack's father, Tom, had something to do with Dharma?

Mithras
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 08:48 PM

Don't they have socialized medicine in Australia?
Also: I knew all along that Jack was Luke Skywalker. Does that make Kate Obi-Wan?

And: shot of the week.
( Last edited by Mithras; Mar 15, 2007 at 08:55 PM. )

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Anyone want to place bets that Jack's father, Tom, had something to do with Dharma?
I've said for a while now that Jack's dad -- who is named Christian, right? -- is the key to this whole thing. He's connected to almost every character. Jack saw him on the island in the second (?) episode and, IIRC, we saw the empty casket. If the island cured Locke, Rose, and the others (no pun intended), why couldn't it cure Christian? He could be doing a lot behind the scenes.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

andi*pandi
Mar 15, 2007, 09:23 PM

well, there's curing, and there's bringing back from the dead. We know the island doesn't do that. In fact, the island is somewhat picky about what it does cure (infertility, leg handicap, breast cancer) and what it won't (spine tumors, gunshot wounds, asthma, drowning, blood loss, infection, nausea, dizziness, and headaches). Sounds like a disclaimer for a drug ad!

So unless Jack's dad wasn't really dead, I'm not putting him as the mastermind. He could have had ties with Dharma though.

The list. Who made the list?
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Mar 15, 2007 at 09:38 PM. )

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
well, there's curing, and there's bringing back from the dead. We know the island doesn't do that. In fact, the island is somewhat picky about what it does cure (infertility, leg handicap, breast cancer) and what it won't (spine tumors, gunshot wounds, asthma, drowning, blood loss, infection, nausea, dizziness, and headaches). Sounds like a disclaimer for a drug ad!

So unless Jack's dad wasn't really dead, I'm not putting him as the mastermind. He could have had ties with Dharma though.

The others did - it's the list of people they were to take from the plane crash.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 09:43 PM

Yes, I was thinking that he may not have been truly dead. Jack sure thought he was, but who knows?

The Others. Apparently, this is the list of "good" people that were supposed to be captured and assimilated. Eko was the only one (that we know of) who escaped that fate. This list isn't to be confused with the list that the recently deceased lady gave to Michael (the one that had Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley).

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Mar 15, 2007, 09:55 PM

If Eko was on the list, didn't he have worse traits than Sayid or Kate? How does that work out? I thought Eko was on the list because he was the strongest/biggest and they needed to take him out first.

andi*pandi
Mar 15, 2007, 09:56 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of which Other made it. Who's in charge? Because that person made the list. It was hinted that Henry/Ben is not the head guy. So that leaves... unknown person, or someone we know and aren't expecting. Like Christian. Or...

And Eko wasn't on the list. He just happened to wake up when they came to take the listees, and stopped some of them. Right?

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2007, 10:10 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of which Other made it. Who's in charge? Because that person made the list. It was hinted that Henry/Ben is not the head guy. So that leaves... unknown person, or someone we know and aren't expecting. Like Christian. Or...

And Eko wasn't on the list. He just happened to wake up when they came to take the listees, and stopped some of them. Right?
I seem to recall Eko being on the list, but I could be wrong. Maybe they thought he was "good" because they thought he was really a priest? I'll go back and check when I have the time.

Railroader
Banned
Mar 15, 2007, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post
I've said for a while now that Jack's dad -- who is named Christian, right? ...
You're right.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2007, 01:01 AM

I bet it's the Jurassic Park island...

andi*pandi
Mar 16, 2007, 10:48 AM

I seem to recall Eko being on the list, but I could be wrong. Maybe they thought he was "good" because they thought he was really a priest? I'll go back and check when I have the time.
this page says they got the 9 people they came for, and eko wasn't one of them:

Television Without Pity � Lost � The Other 48 Days

then again, this page goodwin says the first attempt was going for the strongest threats the tailaways had:

Television Without Pity � Lost � The Other 48 Days
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Mar 16, 2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: stupid auto-title url function)

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 17, 2007, 01:32 PM

Nice episode. Lost is back on track. Looking forward to episode 13!

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2007, 02:44 PM

then again, this page goodwin says the first attempt was going for the strongest threats the tailaways had:
Yeah, that is what I was referring to. Eko was targeted probably to make it easier to those that were "pure." (Cindy and the kids!)

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2007, 07:24 PM

Of course, Goodwin could've been lying.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2007, 08:20 PM

Of course, Goodwin could've been lying.
but the Other don't seem to lie about details like that. Take Mihklahkskahl's description of what DHARMA was and what happened, he told them small things about, but lied about himself.

or maybe... he liked about what happened to DHARMA as well.

himself
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2007, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
the fact that

was utterly ridiculous, really killed the episode.
It appears that Locke knew what he was doing. There also seems to be some previous history between Locke and Mr. Eyepatch, which may explain his fate, and the above action Locke took.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2007, 02:16 AM

Locke has a history of screwing up people's chances to get off the island.... he may not want to be able to make contact with the outside world. I think there is more than just "oops" to what happened

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2007, 10:58 AM

Still on last week, I find it interesting how easily circumvented that big sonic fence was. Perhaps it's not for keeping clever people out, but rather the not-so-clever black cloud?

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2007, 11:02 AM

Great episode, finally getting some answers. I wonder how ABC is reacting to the low ratings? Redoing some scripts? Recutting episodes? Hopefully listening to the viewers and our thirst for some answers.

andi*pandi
Mar 22, 2007, 11:28 AM

I don't particularly get why Locke had to blow up the sub. As ben pointed out, he wouldn't have to leave the island if he didn't want to. It seemed unnecessary. Also interesting that Locke didn't tell Ben about his walking lapses (when boone died, etc) where his legs did fail him on the island. Why did I expect Ben to keep drugged chicken in his fridge for just this occasion?

Looking forward to Rousseau kicking some ass and ignoring some names.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2007, 11:50 AM

Yep, another good episode. I *almost* want to say that LOST is back, but it's still too early. The Why Locke's In A Wheelchair Scene was awesome.

Now I'm wondering why Locke's Dad was in a box on the island -- can't wait to find out the connection...
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2007, 12:23 PM

Very good episode. I'm happy they didn't string us along in regards to answers about Locke's wheelchair.

I want to know what this box is all about. And Jack did not look impressed when Locke blew up his ticket off the Island. Oh man, he looked annoyed

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2007, 02:24 PM

I don't particularly get why Locke had to blow up the sub. As ben pointed out, he wouldn't have to leave the island if he didn't want to. It seemed unnecessary.
I'm guessing because Ben really wanted some way to stop Jack from leaving the Island without killing him or going back on his word, and the Island gave it to him in the form of Locke really wanting to blow up the sub.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2007, 07:21 PM

I liked this ep a lot, if for no other reason than it brought Locke's dad, who was clearly the con man who ruined Sawyer's life, to the island. Should make for some fireworks.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2007, 09:41 PM

Good episode! This third season of lost is very ambitious and giving very many answers that have been annoying people.

Me, I just enjoy the ride. If there are answers to be had, then great! Lost is back.

V

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2007, 10:28 AM

While I enjoyed last night's episode, I feel that it was created to shut up everyone who has been asking who are Nikki and Paulo and what do they have to do with LOST?

Other than the fact that it was didn't bring anything new (in regards to the future of LOST) to the table, I still enjoyed it. I figure we've seen enough of those two that they could make a back story. I think they tied it up nicely.

^ I know about the spoiler thing if the show has already aired, but that would ruin the episode for me if I read it and hadn't seen the show.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 29, 2007, 10:38 AM

Wow, that last episode was ****ed up on a few levels.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2007, 10:42 AM

I didn't like the concept at first, but I guess it turned out all right. The directors did a good job on misdirection, although the more observant would have figured out that the spiders had something to do with it early on.

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 29, 2007, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post
I didn't like the concept at first, but I guess it turned out all right. The directors did a good job on misdirection, although the more observant would have figured out that the spiders had something to do with it early on.
I caught the spider thing very early on. What I had a problem with was all that energy spent on having the two characters there when they served no purpose to the rest of the storyline other than to explain why the survivors now have a walkie talkie.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2007, 11:40 AM

Locke very clearly said "nothing stays buried on this beach".

They're (unfortunately) not gone IMHO.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2007, 11:42 AM

The only good thing about Nikki was her pole dance scene -- and that was only because of her body. Too bad she's a butterface and needs someone to pop her in the nose so she'll get a nose job.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

andi*pandi
Mar 29, 2007, 03:10 PM

I liked seeing all the other dead characters in the flashback(ARTZ!), spotted the spider plot, thought it was kind of pointless, but still kind of interesting. Also good that charlie and sawyer came clean to Sun.

I do wonder if the writers knew what they were going to do with these two from the start, or if they were just looking for filler episodes, knowing that we're already sick of jack and kate flashbacks.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2007, 03:17 PM

Also good that charlie and sawyer came clean to Sun.
They've been dragging this out so long, I had forgotten about this.

Good episode but I agree, what was the point? Kinda felt like more filler but I guess we'll see.

macroy
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2007, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gankdawg View Post
Good episode but I agree, what was the point? Kinda felt like more filler but I guess we'll see.
Agreed. Kinda like I turned on the TV to watch Lost last night, and an episode of twilight zone came on instead.

It's all personal preference, but I'd have to disagree with RAILHead... I'd bend that Nikki girl over any day of the week. Yummay....

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2007, 03:37 PM

I liked seeing all the other dead characters in the flashback(ARTZ!), spotted the spider plot, thought it was kind of pointless, but still kind of interesting. Also good that charlie and sawyer came clean to Sun.

I do wonder if the writers knew what they were going to do with these two from the start, or if they were just looking for filler episodes, knowing that we're already sick of jack and kate flashbacks.
When they said "Medusa spider" I was thought that they weren't dead, but rather paralyzed or something.

I agree, it was cool to see everyone in the flashback. I liked seeing the crash from someone else's point of view. I wonder if you watch the first season of the show if you'll see Nikki and Paulo on the beach?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2007, 08:14 PM

For an instant I felt the terrible fear that political correctness would keep Pablo and Nelly alive, just because they were paralized as opposed to dead..

..then Sawyer finished burying them

Ever since the second part of this season started Sawyer has been looking quizzically at either one when they show up and say something and ask "who the hell are you?!", which means the writers had already picked up the bad vibes these two were getting from the audience.

I am very happy the charecters were killed off. They were bad people who murdered for money and they died a horrible death. OK so there is a dash of political correctness

They stay dead.

V

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 30, 2007, 10:33 PM

Agreed, especially about seeing the dead characters. Boone looking for a pen for Jack (which, now that I think about it, is probably the only sign this season that they still remember Rose), Artz being kooky, Shannon screaming... this was a better trip down memory lane than those clip shows. Good times, good times...

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Ever since the second part of this season started Sawyer has been looking quizzically at either one when they show up and say something and ask "who the hell are you?!", which means the writers had already picked up the bad vibes these two were getting from the audience.
I think that was more of a little running joke because they had been inserted into the show in the middle of the third season.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 31, 2007, 12:27 AM

Seems to me that it was a clever recap episode.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2007, 11:17 AM

Good episode last night. I really liked the end where the writers actually confirm what Juliet is doing, although I think she's going to double-cross the Others somehow.

Tenacious Dyl
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2007, 11:19 AM

Yeah, I spent the whole episode defending Juliet to my roommate, until of course the end where she is clearly working against the Losties. Sigh.

There really are just so many questions, but that's why we watch!
yep.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2007, 11:33 AM

Fsck the writers for teasing us with Sayid's questions then letting Jack dismiss them until "Juliet is ready." Answer them now, damnit!

All glory to the hypnotoad.

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2007, 11:36 AM

That episode couldn't have been more predictable if they'd given everyone the script.

I predict she will start sympathizing more and more with the losties, get involved, something or other, but will do the dirty deed anyway.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

andi*pandi
Apr 12, 2007, 11:39 AM

I can bet that Ben is holding something over her making her do this, and she thinks that by going along with it she can subvert his plan somehow. If Ben could have remote-control killed claire at any time, that's kind of shivery... and doesn't bode well for jack, kate, and sawyer.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tenacious Dyl View Post
There really are just so many questions, but that's why we watch!
Really? I'm just watching for the hot sweaty chicks caked in mud.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 12, 2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by invisibleX View Post
That episode couldn't have been more predictable if they'd given everyone the script.

I predict she will start sympathizing more and more with the losties, get involved, something or other, but will do the dirty deed anyway.
She'll win their trust. She'll come to choose them over the Others. But, when she needs their help, her objective will be exposed, Jack will be hurt, and the Losties will have to decide if they can trust her again. They will, of course, because they will need her help as well.

I hope it doesn't go down this predictably, but this is certainly what it seems to be set up for. We've seen from her flashbacks that she isn't a bad person, but rather someone thrust into a situation that she has little control over and she does seem to see herself as separate from the Others. She also obviously wants to get home. Combined, this puts her closer to the Losties than to the Others.

Demonhood
Administrator
Apr 12, 2007, 12:57 PM

this episode made me believe that the writers actually do have a sort of master plan.

Forum Links
Forum Rules