Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Touch Charging Woes

iPod Touch Charging Woes
Bunit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2008, 02:47 PM

I have discovered my touch hasn't been charging at all in the past few days. It won't be recognized by iTunes when I plug it into my computer.

I'm running OSX 10.5.5, with a first generation touch running the newest firmware, and my iTunes is up to date. I generally use the firewire wall plug-in to charge my iPod, or a speaker system with a dock connector.

When I have my iPod plugged into the wall charger, speaker system, or computer the screen will turn on with an indicator that says the battery is low with a "Z" looking graphic under the battery.

Whenever I try to restore (Home+Sleep) the screen just turns off, and when I try to turn it back on the screen I described in the previous paragraph pops up.

Any help? I'm also pleased to say I bought my touch October 16th 2007, so the warranty have conveniently just passed.

I will add I tried charging it all night, and that didn't do anything. I've also had it plugged into my computer for 20 minutes now, with no change of the situation.

Ted L. Nancy
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 23, 2008, 10:36 PM

10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

Bunit  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2008, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ted L. Nancy View Post
I appreciate the link. It seems to describe my problem, but nothing happens when I try to do the describe steps. The screen that says to charge the battery just comes up.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a hardware issue.

Forum Links
Forum Rules