Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > PubMed E-Utilities

PubMed E-Utilities
m.brown
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2003, 05:43 AM

Firstly I have posted this on DevShed - but I thought that some of you might not frequent those forums - any help on this matter would be appreciated!

Hi Guys - I'm not a perl programmer - but I need to be able to integrate the National Library of Medicine's E-Utilities pubmed search facility on our website - to enable people who come to the site to search PubMed (and return the results within our site) directly.

This is for a website I developed that provides free and open access to the lymphatic filariasis knowledge base - to enable those in resource poor countries to access the latest information we have on this disease.

Bit of background - lymphatic filariasis is a parasitic disease caused by worms that live in the lymphatic system - 1.2 billion people (that is 20% of the world's population) is a risk of becoming infected - and 120 million people are already infected. It is a major cause and consequence of poverty, preventing those afflicted from living a normal working & social life (it is one of the world's leading causes of disability) .There is a Global Alliance for the Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis - which aims to eliminate this disease by 2020.

Education and training will play a key role in the success of such an elimination programme, and therefore, we have developed an on online knowledge base on lymphatic filariasis which will provide global, free and open access to the most up-to-date information on this disease, and the programme to eliminate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - and you will be rewarded with the satisfaction that you have helped in the elimination of one of the world's leading causes of disability. The resulting scripts would be made available as open source so that other could benefit from the work.

With best wishes,

Mike
( Last edited by m.brown; Jul 17, 2003 at 05:48 AM. )

sfederman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2003, 12:03 AM

Mike,

I'd be happy to give you a hand if you're still looking for some programming help with your project. I have Perl experience, as well as a bioinformatics background...

-Scot

m.brown  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 23, 2003, 03:26 AM

Originally posted by sfederman:
Mike,

I'd be happy to give you a hand if you're still looking for some programming help with your project. I have Perl experience, as well as a bioinformatics background...

-Scot
Hi Scot,

Many thanks. I am still looking for help. I'll drop you an e-mail to discuss this further.

Cheers,

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules