Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Alternative OS Reference > Useful Software and Other Info

Useful Software and Other Info
ghporter
Administrator
Dec 14, 2009, 08:51 PM

Let's start this new reference thread with some interesting (and useful) information. GNU Parted, the Linux partition editor, is capable of tweaking a Mac partition map successfully. User dekko had a borked partition map through trying to use an XP SP1 disc in Boot Camp and he used Parted to fix it.

This thread is to be used for this sort of helpful and informative stuff. Don't go posting general comments or other stuff that doesn't directly support this purpose, because I'll just have to delete your comments. Unless they are actually helpful and useful, of course.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2009, 09:00 PM

Note that if you resize a partition with gparted/Gnu Parted you will need to find something on the Mac side to grow the file system to the size designated by the partition map. Windows and Linux have these tools, but I'm not sure about OS X. gparted just handles the partition map.

You can safely downsize your partition with gparted without this extra hassle.

lee lee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2010, 10:03 AM

can anybody help me i turn my tom tom on ( tom tom one )
& it ask me to reset time & languge
then will not let put post code in just freezes
can ANYONE help me as i use it every day & i need it working

Forum Links
Forum Rules