Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Email Problem-Apple Mail

Email Problem-Apple Mail
amac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2004, 02:08 PM

I receive some of our business email from our web page using Apple's mail program, Everything was cool untill about 3 -4 weeks ago. Now everytime Mail goes to reteieve my email, I get a message that the host web server has rejected the password. I checked all account info and everything is fine. I called our web hosting service and they say everything is fine on their end and my account setup is also good. I still get my personnal mail fine (using comcast as our isp). Any suggestions? Thanks.

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2004, 12:26 PM

I got this issue today and a few days ago. I thought it was Time Warner, but I was able to log into their web based mail and everything was fine. So it's Apple's Mail program at fault here. I quit and relaunched it to no avail. I may reboot to see if that helps.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

cpac
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2004, 01:14 PM

what do you mean by "get email from our companies web page" - are you using a plug-in that allows you to get web-based mail (i.e. like hotmail, etc.)? or is it just an ordinary IMAP or POP3 account?
cpac

Forum Links
Forum Rules