Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Old Airport BS with Airport Express or Extreme

Old Airport BS with Airport Express or Extreme
KidRed
Professional Poster
Apr 7, 2005, 06:58 PM

My daughter uses my wife's iMac lamp LCD in my studio and it's hard wired for the net. I want to move the computer to her own room and give her net access. I have the old Airport Base-station. So I guess I have a two part question.

What would work better- an Airport Express (does that work with the old airport stations?) or getting an airport card for the iMac? Will she get decent speeds? Her room is less then 50 feet away I think. If I got just the card (not sure if this iMac -1st gen LCD accepts airport extreme) will she be able to share my printer? Or would I need the express for that?

(sorry for cross posting, no one answered me in the network forum)
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 8, 2005, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by KidRed:
My daughter uses my wife's iMac lamp LCD in my studio and it's hard wired for the net. I want to move the computer to her own room and give her net access. I have the old Airport Base-station. So I guess I have a two part question.

What would work better- an Airport Express (does that work with the old airport stations?) or getting an airport card for the iMac? Will she get decent speeds? Her room is less then 50 feet away I think. If I got just the card (not sure if this iMac -1st gen LCD accepts airport extreme) will she be able to share my printer? Or would I need the express for that?

(sorry for cross posting, no one answered me in the network forum)
Yes I did.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules