Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > When I Get Really Really Wasted (Drunk) I...

When I Get Really Really Wasted (Drunk) I...
Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 04:29 AM

What do you do?

Weirdest thing: On two separate occasions tonight two separate cars with two guys and two girls had to stop outside our fence on our street because their girlfriends were so drunk that they were throwing up and sick. Well, just so happens that a cop was cruising the neighborhood on the second couple (3:00 AM) and pulled up behind the car on the side of the road, the girl throwing up on the grass, and he gave the guy a sobriety test and the guy, of course, is drunk. Couldn't even stand up to talk to the officer. Now they're towing the car, the guy is in the cruiser, the girlfriend is crying and drunk. I feel sorry for them to be honest.

Why drive that way is what I want to know?

Seriously?

When you're so s-faced that you can't stand up why drive?

Okay, that's what I have to say now. Party behind my house until 2:00 AM. No sleep. Loud yelling and crying in front of my house at 2:30 AM. No sleep. Coughing and crying sounds in front of my house at 3:00 AM followed by flashing cruiser lights. No sleep.

Guess it's time for coffee at Denny's?

Ω
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2005, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
I feel sorry for them to be honest.
And if they had gone on to kill an innocent party where would your moral compass be? If you drive drunk I have no sympathy, because I think you are ****ing ****s.
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 04:42 AM

Hiring a taxi to take you home and back in the morning to get your car is a lot cheaper than going through a DUI, and a lot less of a hassle.

I'm always the designated driver since i pretty much gave up drinking. I might have one drink when we go out, but I'm always sober.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 05:56 AM

What do you do?

Weirdest thing: On two separate occasions tonight two separate cars with two guys and two girls had to stop outside our fence on our street because their girlfriends were so drunk that they were throwing up and sick. Well, just so happens that a cop was cruising the neighborhood on the second couple (3:00 AM) and pulled up behind the car on the side of the road, the girl throwing up on the grass, and he gave the guy a sobriety test and the guy, of course, is drunk. Couldn't even stand up to talk to the officer. Now they're towing the car, the guy is in the cruiser, the girlfriend is crying and drunk. I feel sorry for them to be honest.

Why drive that way is what I want to know?

Seriously?

Okay, that's what I have to say now. Party behind my house until 2:00 AM. No sleep. Loud yelling and crying in front of my house at 2:30 AM. No sleep. Coughing and crying sounds in front of my house at 3:00 AM followed by flashing cruiser lights. No sleep.

Guess it's time for coffee at Denny's?

Hehe should see the c*ap I go through every Friday and Saturday night at work. So many drunks all over the place when everything closes at 3AM. Unless im in actual real trouble its impossible to get a cop here with in 5 hours.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 09:20 AM

I didn't say that I felt sorry for the guy being picked up. I felt sorry for them in general. I think that drunk drivers should be held accountable. That's kind of the point of the thread, sign-name-member-boy.

And if they had gone on to kill an innocent party where would your moral compass be? If you drive drunk I have no sympathy, because I think you are ****ing ****s.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Nov 13, 2005, 09:24 AM

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 13, 2005, 09:30 AM

I DO NOT get so poluted that I do stupid stuff. In fact, I get too sleepy to get much more inebriated when I drink too much, so that's sort of self limiting. But when I'm out, I either already have a designated driver or I do not drink and become the designated driver.

I wrote two long and involved explanations for why kids do this sort of thing to start with and why they grow into young adults who continue to do this sort of thing, but it all comes down to lack of judgement and managing to get away with it most of the time.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 09:34 AM

Most I drank ever was 20 beers in 1 hour during a drinking game, every one was picking on me. Funny thing is I didn't feel it until I hit the 25th beer in the end of the second hour then I was GONE lol

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 10:19 AM

I used to live three doors down from the 'Blue Note' club in London. It was fun for a while (all the locals got in for free and without queuing) but it became a real pain.

People pissing, vomiting, shagging in our doorway, the base throbbing through our entire place, cops breaking up fights at 4:00 in the am, the club chucking out bottles at 5 in the morning. In the end we bought a house someplace else. The first night off uninterrupted sleep was heaven.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2005, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Athens
Most I drank ever was 20 beers in 1 hour during a drinking game, every one was picking on me. Funny thing is I didn't feel it until I hit the 25th beer in the end of the second hour then I was GONE lol
I call bull sh*t. If you drank 20 beers in an hour, your BAC would be approx. 0.464 and you would most likely be dead.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 10:22 AM

Depends on the beer, no? And maybe he used shot glasses?

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 10:37 AM

Mastrap: That situation sounds terrible.

Good thing you moved.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by waxcrash
I call bull sh*t. If you drank 20 beers in an hour, your BAC would be approx. 0.464 and you would most likely be dead.
5% Molson Canadian, guess you never done 5 in 5 minutes 20 355ml Beers wont kill you.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 11:04 AM

I haven't gotten so drunk to the point of throwing up in about 18 years.
However, when I do get buzzed, I usually end up embarrassing myself (and probably those I'm with) by talking about sex too much. Guess I'm a horny drunk.

I want to know what Cody does...!

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 11:32 AM

The only time I ever was out of control was at Joe's in Key West. I was there with a guy that was a jerk. We ordered a pitcher of beer and he was already drunk and flirting with a crack whore type chick to make me mad. It worked. I poured a pitcher of cheap domestic over his head and everybody in the bar cheered and clapped and a couple of guys came over to give me their phone numbers. Instead, I walked back to the hotel (Spanish Court Motel ) with my girlfriend and on the the way home we stopped at a rave-type bar that had just opened and we partied and danced together. We had a really great time. We walked back and fell asleep at about 6:00 AM the next morning and the loser ex-boyfriend was nowhere to be seen. I had driven my Saab down and she and I packed up the car and left him there in Key West, wherever he was. Probably with the crack whore chick. Weirdo. The scary thing is that he is a practicing ER physician at Holmes in Melbourne, Florida.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2005, 12:07 PM

In my whole life, I did not drink more than approx. a total of two or three litres of beer. People are different…

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2005, 12:10 PM

…and we partied and danced together. We had a really great time. …
Did you have lesbian experiences that night?

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2005, 12:28 PM

People generally drive drunk because
- "I'm not that drunk"
- "I'm not leaving my car..."
- "I can make it home"

Generally, people are lazy when they are drunk. I do feel bad for some people that get pulled over and are slightly over the limit... but I'm guessing they are far and few between. NOTE: I feel bad for them... but they deserve what they get.

When I go on a bender, I generally stick to wine... and listen to music in the privacy of my own home.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 13, 2005, 12:33 PM

Cody, nobody ever said that the ability to become a successful physician (or in the jerk's case, a "doctor" instead) had anything to do with a human personality or the ability to handle alcohol.

And I don't think your behavior at Joe's was "out of control." It sounds like exactly the right thing to have done at the time, both to the jerk and with the cheap domestic.

The worst off I ever was because of alcohol was in late 1978. I was 19 (legal at the time!!!) in the Airmen's Club at Keesler AFB, on a Friday evening, and I had about four fizzy, sweet mixed drinks in too short a time. The combination of a day that started at about 5 am, a very long day in class, and a bunch of details to take care of that cut into dinner time meant that I got really drunk on those four drinks. I fell asleep at the table I was sitting at and was asked to leave. Note: "fell asleep" does not mean "passed out." I noted earlier that drinking makes me sleepy.

Anyway, I walked across the street toward my dorm and had a sudden epiphany: too much alcohol makes you want to hurl for a distance record! I happen to hate hurling a lot, so I leaned over with my hands on my knees and chanted "I don't want to throw up! I don't want to throw up!" until the urge passed.

I walked the couple of blocks to my dorm (the 3413th if anyone is interested), got to my room, and slept until about noon the next day. Fortunately I didn't have anything to do that day, so I was able to detox myself through sleep, a hot shower and some mild exercise (a walk around the golf course). That was a life-changing experience for me; I never went to the Airmen's Club just to drink ever again, and to this day, "just drinking" is not something I do.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Warung
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2005, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by production_coordinator
I do feel bad for some people that get pulled over and are slightly over the limit... but I'm guessing they are far and few between.
Happened to me last weekend...THE NEXT DAY. I was driving home and felt perfectly fine when I got pulled over. I was sure I'd be in the clear...arrrrrgh. Just a bit over the limit.

Lesson to be learned, don't drink and drive - the day after!

/don't want anybody to feel sorry for me
//haven't gone near the driver seat of a car when drunk for at least 10 years now

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 13, 2005, 12:59 PM

driving while drunk is easy. i hate to be the one to say it but it's true. ask anyone that can own up to it. you just site there and work the controls, take it easy, no balance required. walking under the influence is difficult and requires more energy.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 02:19 PM

Driving drunk is easy?

What about going to jail?

Or killing someone?

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2005, 02:42 PM

I got pulled over while drunk once. Blew a 0.21. Fortunately, since the first time I blew I only got a 0.13 they didn't give me a ticket because they didn't think it would hold up in court. Also very fortunate was that I got pulled over literally right in front of my house so I didn't have to do anything to get home afterwards. But the most fortunate thing is that nobody got hurt. After that I won't go near a car if I've had more than a couple drinks.

I feel even more strongly about that since last night. I was driving my roommate's car up to Berkeley from Fremont at about midnight with two other people (all sober). We were going 80 up the freeway in the far left lane when we noticed headlights facing the wrong direction over in the right lane. We were all distracted enough by that that we didn't notice the car up ahead was stopped with his hazards on. By the time I did see that I barely had enough time to brake and swerve into the lane to the right to avoid hitting them, we were still going about 70 as we passed them. Thankfully the car to our right was both far enough back and quick enough that we didn't hit them, although that still would have been preferable to hitting the stopped car. It's also thankful I didn't swerve left onto the shoulder because there was a car stopped there with it's lights off because it had been in an accident (with the backwards-facing car I assume). Had I not been complete sober, even if I had been under the legal limit, I'm not at all sure I could have avoided that car in time.

Not drinking and driving? I'll drink to that. But I won't get behind the wheel afterwards.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by teknopimp
walking under the influence is difficult and requires more energy.
If you accidentally walk into a person, they'll live.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 02:51 PM

Whenever I get really wasted I wind up sleeping up with someone, be it friend or stranger.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 03:11 PM

I'm very sorr to hear about your loss of sleep Cody.

A very sad situation all around.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2005, 03:54 PM

driving while drunk is easy. i hate to be the one to say it but it's true. ask anyone that can own up to it. you just site there and work the controls, take it easy, no balance required. walking under the influence is difficult and requires more energy.
Driving with a welding mask on is also easy... unless you want to be safe.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2005, 04:01 PM

Yeah, it seems easy. Until you're in a situation where you actually need to have quick reflexes. Why did I get pulled over that one time that I did? Because I didn't notice a stop sign until it was too late and stopped in the middle of the intersection. Had there been another car in the intersection, or a pedestrian in the crosswalk, I would have hit them.

Admittedly I was being heavily distracted by my passenger, but I wouldn't have been nearly as distractible if I had been sober.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 04:29 PM

5% Molson Canadian, guess you never done 5 in 5 minutes 20 355ml Beers wont kill you.
Over 7 litres of beer, in 60 minutes? I'm think I'm with the ********. I know a few alcoholic hockey players here in university – my best friend's brother can (regularly!) drink a 60 of rum a night. 20 beer in an hour, though?! I'd have to see it.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 13, 2005, 07:03 PM

I hope this is a joke. If not, you are deluded.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 07:09 PM

I think what he's saying is that, to a drunk person, the idea of driving is far more tempting than walking.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 13, 2005, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
I think what he's saying is that, to a drunk person, the idea of driving is far more tempting than walking.
bang!

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 13, 2005, 08:24 PM

Ah, I apologize. I misunderstood you.

Salty
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2005, 09:19 PM

I don't drink. The stuff tastes and smells NASTY. Not to mention I have an addictive personality so it's not as if I want to start and risk getting addicted. Though fortunately for me, I also have an extremely strong stubborn streak. And I live on my own terms, so if ever I was in a bar I would simply turn down a drink and if people kept pushing I'd walk away.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
I don't drink. The stuff tastes and smells NASTY.

Alcoholic drinks come in an extremely wide range of flavours. I respect your decision not to drink of course, but statements like the above are just utterly ignorant.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 13, 2005, 09:56 PM

Not really. My mom can smell if something has alcohol in it, and it makes her stomach turn.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2005, 10:13 PM

I have to say- the reason why people drive drunk (myself included on occasion) is that they THINK they can. It's dumb really. production_coordinator had it right.

Friday night, I was doin alright, (2 beers and a marg) then the guy next to me bought me a marg. Before indulging, I walked over to a sober friend and asked if he could drive me home. He said yes and I headed back to my drink. 5 minutes later, he was ready to go and I downed it. Still felt ok- for a bout 5 minutes. But as soon as I got into his car, it hit me. No biggie I wasn't driving and I was just a blabbering fool.

Here's what pissed me off...

The next morning, I had a hair appt. - so I called 2 local cab companies and they didn't exist. So I called the next city over - claiming "proudly serving ____ my town".

An HOUR later a fatpig showed up. It was Saturday morning- how busy could they be?!? The ride was pleasant enough. It was only 3.5 miles. However, upon exit- the fare was $25. Cuz they drove from the next town over (8 miles). I paid and gave him a buck. But really- if I had taken a cab home and a cab back, it would have been $50.

I know this is nothing in comparison to my life, someone else's or a DUI, but, it makes it hard to justify it when you are debating the ride next time around.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2005, 09:09 AM

i thought it was going to be - take nude pictures of myself. bummer - anyways i can't wait to get a house and get away from all the drunk ass college kids in my apartment.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Forum Links
Forum Rules