Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Shockwave, Flash & IE 5.1.1 for OS X!!!

Shockwave, Flash & IE 5.1.1 for OS X!!!
Frumpy
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2001, 01:01 AM

Ok, it's probably something stupid that i'm not doing, but as much as i try, i can't get either of these plug-ins to work on the newest version of Internet Explorer for OS X. When i go to one of my favorite gaming sites, www.candystand.com, and try to play billiards, the browser always comes up saying that i don't have the plug-ins, and then when i download the "new" version for OS X, it still doesn't work. Am i retarded or something?! What can i try to make this work?!
Specs:12" PowerBook-1.33GHz, 768 PC2700, Airport Express, Panther (10.3.9), iSight, 15GB 3G iPod

pahroza
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 4, 2001, 10:50 AM

Frumpy, it's not just you. I've experienced this problem as well. It seems that the plugin that's been released isn't up to par yet. I'm not sure when macromedia will get the ball rolling on this one. I'm even unable to visit shockwave.com. I get the "...you don't have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player..." page.

It's a bit frustrating to say the least, unfortunately OmniWeb doesn't fare any better right now. The only suggestion I can give you is to load your OS 9 version of IE in the meantime. Strangely enough, IE running in classic mode is faster for me than OS X's IE 5.1b1.

Hope this helps. If nothing else, know you're not alone!

Andreas

xyber233
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2001, 11:01 AM

Candystand requires a newer version of Shockwave that is not yet available on Mac OS X.

Forum Links
Forum Rules