Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook battery recall program is still running after all these years

iBook battery recall program is still running after all these years
albyrw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 10, 2009, 09:48 PM

This is just to let iBook owners out there know that you should check your batteries to see whether they're covered by the iBook battery recall. I discovered today that there were actually two of these programs - if you google for iBook battery recall, you only find serials for one of the programs, not both. Make sure you check your battery serials against both these pages:

Apple - Support - iBook G4 and PowerBook G4 Battery Exchange Program - FAQ

https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html

I looked into recalls a couple of years ago and didn't realise at the time my iBook battery was eligible. So when it failed this week and I went looking for solutions, I was delighted to find the second program covered my battery's serial #. When I called Apple in my country they at first denied the program was still running, but be persistent - they have stock of these batteries at the Apple store, and I eventually got a case number from them to get mine replaced. If they deny you, mention that Apple is still hosting the recall pages and there's no end date listed on that program. Hope that's useful to y'all.

Cheers
alby

Forum Links
Forum Rules